PDA

View Full Version : Give The Umps A Break!!!

crazyozzie02
10-13-2005, 11:53 AM
This is not directed to anyone on WSI but just to everyone bashing the umps. I am an umpire in a little league by me (Liberty Rec Baseball in Libery Township, IND). It is extremely hard to have a perfect game. The simple fact is that we blow calls. We are not God. The parents are the worst, but thats beside the fact. I am just saying that dont blame the umps because they didnt get a play wrong or right. We try our best to get the play right and obivously they thought that AJ was safe. I feel for them and i just wanted to express my feelings. So lets give the umps (me being a ump. not to that scale but still being one) a break. Thanks

Colin

Iwritecode
10-13-2005, 11:55 AM
This is not directed to anyone on WSI but just to everyone bashing the umps. I am an umpire in a little league by me (Liberty Rec Baseball in Libery Township, IND). It is extremely hard to have a perfect game. The simple fact is that we blow calls. We are not God. The parents are the worst, but thats beside the fact. I am just saying that dont blame the umps because they didnt get a play wrong or right. We try our best to get the play right and obivously they thought that AJ was safe. I feel for them and i just wanted to express my feelings. So lets give the umps (me being a ump. not to that scale but still being one) a break. Thanks

Colin

Who's bashing the umps?

If anything, most of us agree that they made the right call on ALL the plays last night...

crazyozzie02
10-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Its not anyone here thats doing. The media and all these stupid cubs fans that i go to school with. And i sure the Angels fans are gonna give them hell too

Chicken Dinner
10-13-2005, 11:59 AM

Colin

You must be a cheater.

tebman
10-13-2005, 12:10 PM
You must be a cheater.

I've always wanted to do this...

:tealpolice:

jenn2080
10-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Amen! No one is bashing the umps. I have watched that play 50 times and you cant tell at all. There are certain angles that it looks like he dropped it and then there are other angles where it looks like he caught it. All and all the umps made the right call. The catcher should have tagged him out just to be on the safe side , knowing how low that ball was. The umps were not in the wrong and the media blows. Of course they were going to blow this up. The umps blew the game blah blah...just like bartman blew the game for the Cubs. The umps didnt do anything wrong. They called it like they saw it or didnt see it. It all lies in the hand of the catcher if you ask me.

Over By There
10-13-2005, 01:00 PM
We are not God.

I think Hunter Wendlestedt might take exception to that.

crazyozzie02
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
I think Hunter Wendlestedt might take exception to that.

I might have to agree with you there :smile:

AZChiSoxFan
10-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Its not anyone here thats doing. The media and all these stupid cubs fans that i go to school with. And i sure the Angels fans are gonna give them hell too

In an effort to be more concise, feel free to stop using redundant terms.

SOXSINCE'70
10-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Doug Eddings didn't throw a horrible 0-2 splitter to Joe Crede.
He also did not allow pinch runner Pablo Ozuna to steal second
base uncontested.Umpires are human.They make bad calls or
mistakes.Stuff happens.I have no problem with the Umps.
And if the call had gone against the Sox,so be it.
Let's get to game 3 and render this moot.Quickly!!

pearso66
10-14-2005, 05:00 PM

You are right about the Angels fans giving them hell. I happend to check in on the Angels message board on ESPN, just to see what they had to say, and someone was giving out Eddings home phone and home address in a thread, and in another one, they had said to stop trying to call since the number is not disconnected.

SweetnesSox
10-14-2005, 05:23 PM

I was a little league ump too in high school. Offensive lineman, teachers, and referees. the three occupations that come to mind that get no positive praise, and you only hear about them when they screw up. you either have to miss a block that gets your QB killed, miss a call, or marry your 7th-grader just to get some attention! sheesh! Bout time we start giving these guys respect for doing the jobs that people take for granted.