PDA

View Full Version : BP in town for Pizza and discussion.

santo=dorf
10-13-2005, 12:04 PM
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/events/

Chicago Pizza Feed

Come out and share an evening of baseball with Baseball Prospectus authors & other avid fans. We'll be gathering at Giordano's next Thursday, October 13th from 6:30 PM to about 9:30 PM to talk baseball, eat lots of pizza and talk more baseball. $15 per person, which will include your pizza and soft drinks.

Currently, we expect to have authors Nate Silver, Rany Jazayerli, Christina Kahrl & Dayn Perry in attendance.

RSVP to Dave Kirsch at dkirsch@baseballprospectus.com (dkirsch@baseballprospectus.com)

Giordano's on Belmont
1040 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773)327-1200

Well at least they know where to find good pizza.

34 Inch Stick
10-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Not bad, but it certainly would not be in the top 5 spots if I only had one night to eat pizza in Chicago.

Luckily, I have several nights a week to do it. Thick, thin, NY style, mozzerela on a cracker...I like it all.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-13-2005, 12:29 PM
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/events/

Well at least they know where to find good pizza.

I'd recommend Pompei, Pequods or Pats around there.

Let BP eat at chains.

skobabe8
10-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Dayn Perry?!?!??

Uh-oh!!! Better bring security! :smile:

1951Campbell
10-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Not bad, but it certainly would not be in the top 5 spots if I only had one night to eat pizza in Chicago.

Actually, if you look at the VORP numbers for dough production after 9:00pm on Fridays, you'll see that Giordano's is the best Pythagorean pizza in Chicago.

Flight #24
10-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Actually, if you look at the VORP numbers for dough production after 9:00pm on Fridays, you'll see that Giordano's is the best Pythagorean pizza in Chicago.

Actually, the statistics show that Giordano's is the best Mexican restaurant in Chicago. The fact that when you have been there they have only served pizza is evidence that luck plays a huge role with small sample sizes.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-13-2005, 01:09 PM

Actually, the statistics show that Giordano's is the best Mexican restaurant in Chicago. The fact that when you have been there they have only served pizza is evidence that luck plays a huge role with small sample sizes.

Why are these comments in teal? BP actually used these and other factors to choose the date, time and place for their gathering.