PDA

View Full Version : What About Mark?

Domeshot17
10-13-2005, 01:19 AM
I was at the game, so obviously I didnt get the genuis play by play of Lou, Buck, and Captain Obvious ( although I assume it went something like this: Well, if Paul caught the ball, it is not a drop 3rd strike, however, if the ball hit the ground, then it is a drop third strike) Anyway, my question is this. The white sox had NO ONE warming in the pen in the 9th. Did radio/tv make any mention if Buehlre was coming back for the 10th, being under 100 pitchers?

Gavin
10-13-2005, 01:20 AM
I was at the game, so obviously I didnt get the genuis play by play of Lou, Buck, and Captain Obvious ( although I assume it went something like this: Well, if Paul caught the ball, it is not a drop 3rd strike, however, if the ball hit the ground, then it is a drop third strike) Anyway, my question is this. The white sox had NO ONE warming in the pen in the 9th. Did radio/tv make any mention if Buehlre was coming back for the 10th, being under 100 pitchers?

He was slated to pitch the tenth.

BainesHOF
10-13-2005, 02:30 AM
I believe Buehrle would have started the 10th and may have even pitched the 11th because of his low pitch count.

The bullpen was fairly active late in the game. Cotts warmed up twice so he was ready to come in at a moment's notice. Politte has warmed up extensively, and then Jenks warmed up as well.

Buehrle was awesome. I've been critical of his performance in big games in the past, but this afternoon I told my friend I had a feeling he was going to come up big. He had a great curveball and his changeup was working well, too. I think it's obvious that the extra rest really helped him.

skobabe8
10-13-2005, 02:34 AM
I believe after the 9th his total was at 99. They showed the pen and mentioned no one was up at the time (again, the 9th).

WinOrDyeTrying
10-13-2005, 02:34 AM
I believe that Buehrle threw 99 pitches at that time. During a post game interview, he said he was ready to go in the 10th.

SSN721
10-13-2005, 06:30 AM
They were sayign on TV that he was slated to come out for the tenth, kepts howing noone warming up, I think he could have easily pitched another inning at least with how Mark was cruising. What a performance, way to go Mark.

skottyj242
10-13-2005, 09:42 AM
With all the talk this morning about AJ's great, great decision last night, no one is talking about Buehrle's awesome outing on the hill.

Here's to you Mark :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ode to veeck
10-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Burly was such a killer mound stud last night, I'll even excuse him for pitching a game that lasted 3 hours instead of 90 minutes

tdh11
10-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Good Job Mark If my brother wasnt named Mark I'd name my first son after you

Jurr
10-13-2005, 09:48 AM
I agree. That man has a pair of stones, I'll tell you. Man, what a pitching performance!

Flight #24
10-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Best pitched, gutsiest postseason game since the Jack Morris WS 10-inning 1-hitter a while back.

Mark - this one's for you: :gulp:
And this one::gulp:
Heck - have another! You deserve it!:gulp:

WhiteSox16K
10-13-2005, 09:58 AM
With all the talk this morning about AJ's great, great decision last night, no one is talking about Buehrle's awesome outing on the hill.

Just a hunch, but I think Buehrle does not mind - one bit that he isn't getting much recognition today. But, you are very correct. He went out and pitched what could be called (and even somewhat acknowledged by him) the best game of his career on close to the biggest stage. Mark is a gamer and I can only hope for him to have a shot to clinch a pennant next Tuesday night.

edit: I don't know how to spel

asindc
10-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Since no one else has seen fit to start a thread about how great Buehrle pitched, here it is.

That was a big game performance from a big game pitcher. As Scoscia (sp?) said after the game, the call was bad, but Buehrle pitched a tremendous game to keep the Angels from scoring. Hats off to him.:gulp:

FielderJones
10-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Since no one else has seen fit to start a thread about how great Buehrle pitched, here it is.

Nope, here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59762) it is. Oops.

asindc
10-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Nope, here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59762) it is. Oops.

I stand corrected. Moderator, please feel free to merge.

Iwritecode
10-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Ozzie said Jenks was warm and ready to come in. Burly might have started the 10th but if he would've gotten into any trouble I'm sure somebody else would've been called in.

MsSoxVixen22
10-13-2005, 10:12 AM
I've always loved Mark. He's pitched a gem last nite. I think this is the best he's looked in awhile, IMHO. WAY TO GO MARK! :gulp: I think Mark is just happy the team won. He's not the type of guy to ***** about not getting any credit. Hopefully what happened last nite kick starts the offense Friday nite

whitesoxwin
10-13-2005, 10:24 AM
What a great ending of a tremendous pitching performance: With 2 outs and enticing a high pop out in the bottom of the 9th: Mark walks off the mound, a quick move toward the Sox dugout, calls off Crede and A.J., makes the catch in foul territory and (after gloving the ball) nonchalantly tossed the ball into the crowd.
Hopefully, whoever caught the ball will put it in a cherished place!!
Mark had, what I (and probably many) felt was his best outing to date.
The ALCS Game 2, with the Sox down by a game, Mark pitched a jem, fielded like a gold glover and was ready to go back out in the 10th.
(I am sure all Sox fans will forgive Mark for his ONE mistake: giving up a solo home--I have!! Basically, it is forgotton already!)

Bottom Line:
Mark.....Masterful!!!
A.J.....Icon!!!
Crede....Mr. Clutch!!!

And that's a White Sox Winner!!

ode to veeck
10-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I didn't realize Mark had only 99 pitches in a full nine innings, that is just unheard of in the MLB today, and really shows what an outstanding outing that was. Way to come up big for the pllayoffs Mark!!

fquaye149
10-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Not that it's any surprise that there are probably 30 threads about dirt, umpiring, and fans and commentators "playa hating" on us, but lost in all this was the tremendous performance Buehrle turned in, Cora's questionable decision to send Rowand - all around poor baserunning with Crede's bad jump on the double play, and Ozuna's gutsy stolen base.

But let's talk about Buehrle - this guy has been a horse. When was the last Championship Series complete game? How big was Buehrle's performance? Do you think he would have REALLY gone 10?

I heart MB!

bigsoxfan420
10-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Here, here. Buehrle was fantastic. Wasn't it a no-no until the fourth or fifth? By the way the last ALCS complete game was in 1983 by the Sox, but (what kind of fan am I?) I can't remember his name.

Law11
10-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Amen brother... I enjoyed defending the game to many people at work today but you brought up vary valid points.. What the heck is Cora doing? The play is behind AR and he hears get up go! (my assumption) he was spent diving head first into third and Cora decides go? I hope Ozzie said something to him at some point. Joe just took to big a secondary lead. Pods looked sick at the plate last night as did JD. Just an ugly game withthe upside being MB who pitched like we kow he could. The guy is a stud who I want on the mound in an event theres a game 7. In this case it shapes up for him in a Game 6 back home. Lets hope!!

Etownsox13
10-13-2005, 03:15 PM
It was an incredible game...I know for a fact that he wasn't going to come out for the 10th, however.

schmitty9800
10-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Amazing performance. He had as good a command of his fastball as I've ever seen it, even if it didn't break 89MPH all game.

ode to veeck
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
this is like the third or fourth thread started on this topic today, but it does have probably the best title

enough of the #$(*&#^ dropped third strike call discussions

I'm sure the Sox themselves aren't thinking about it anymore, so why are we?

soxrme
10-13-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't care about the call. WE WON, thats all that counts:D: Mark pitched a great game, both teams hustled, it was terrific baseball . I hope Garland does the same thing and if another call goes our way, ITS ABOUT TIME:cool:

Rocky Soprano
10-13-2005, 03:49 PM
this is like the third or fourth thread started on this topic today, but it does have probably the best title

enough of the #$(*&#^ dropped third strike call discussions

I'm sure the Sox themselves aren't thinking about it anymore, so why are we?

I would edit your post right away, do not attempt to evade the language filters.
You'll get banned.

Soxzilla
10-13-2005, 04:01 PM
:burly

"The reports of my inability to pitch in big games were highly exaggerated."