PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans- at it again!

ChiSoxGirl
10-13-2005, 09:19 AM
So I get to work this morning and without me even saying a single word (partly because my voice is gone), the Cub fans are on my case saying, "Sketchy win last night...." I had one woman tell me she's never going to watch Channel 7 news again because last night, Jim Rose wouldn't admit that the umpires made the wrong call. Another woman- the same one who started in on me last week with the "Let's Go Red Sox" chants- came right up to me and seriously said, "What I want to know is who the Sox are paying off in this series to get a ridiculous call like that!" I didn't dignify ANY of these comments with so much as a comment, let alone an answer.

Does anyone else find it funny how in 2003, Cub fans were looking for a scapegoat for their own team (Bartman), and now they're looking for a scapegoat for the team they supposedly hate?! Is this all they do- go searching for scapegoats?! Must be their forte, I suppose.

Anyone else having these kinds of comments said to them? I'd be interested to see if any of my Sox fan faithful are having the same problems with these... people and how they're handling them!

spawn
10-13-2005, 09:32 AM
So I get to work this morning and without me even saying a single word (partly because my voice is gone), the Cub fans are on my case saying, "Sketchy win last night...." I had one woman tell me she's never going to watch Channel 7 news again because last night, Jim Rose wouldn't admit that the umpires made the wrong call. Another woman- the same one who started in on me last week with the "Let's Go Red Sox" chants- came right up to me and seriously said, "What I want to know is who the Sox are paying off in this series to get a ridiculous call like that!" I didn't dignify ANY of these comments with so much as a comment, let alone an answer.

Does anyone else find it funny how in 2003, Cub fans were looking for a scapegoat for their own team (Bartman), and now they're looking for a scapegoat for the team they supposedly hate?! Is this all they do- go searching for scapegoats?! Must be their forte, I suppose.

Anyone else having these kinds of comments said to them? I'd be interested to see if any of my Sox fan faithful are having the same problems with these... people and how they're handling them!
Yeah, I've had these idiots coming up to me today with the same crap. I just tell them I don't care how the Sox won, just as long as they won and walk away. That's the best thing to do IMO.:D:

Risk
10-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I consider myself fortunate that I haven't had to deal with the blue cool aid drinking lemmings like many of you have to. Most of my friends who happen to be followers and members of the Unlovable Losers cult have learned in the last couple of years never to challenge me in a baseball conversation.

For some reason too, when at a bar, most Flub fans won't even attempt to discuss baseball with me, and I have no idea why, but I can't say that I miss getting a migraine. It must be my intimidating physical stature or my cunning intellectual prowess.
Risk

TommyJohn
10-13-2005, 09:50 AM

I would suggest you ask that teacher "were you born an idiot or did you have
to work at it?" I mean seriously. That woman is a knucklehead.

Uncle_Patrick
10-13-2005, 09:53 AM
I was watching the game at my bowling league last night and even the Cubs fans on my team thought that the ball hit the ground. I am astounded by the reaction of some of these super-bitter Cubs and Red Sox fans acting like the White Sox somehow cheated. I saw Cubs fan post that the White Sox might as well cork their bats and shoot steroids before Game 3 if this is how they are gonna play. I mean, how pathetic are these people? They are acting like their own team was robbed. I'll give the Angels fans a pass; if it were the White Sox in their place, I'd be angry, too. The rest of these people need to get over it. It was Game 2, not Game 7.

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2005, 10:01 AM
My response would be "Yes, the ump blew the call, but Josh Paul didn't hear him call AJ out and also didn't see him do the pumped fist third strike call (because the ump was behind him), so he should have tagged AJ out to be on the safe side. Instead, Josh Paul just assumed the ump saw the same play he did and immediately sprinted back to the Angels dugout, and he was wrong. The call was wrong, but Josh Paul screwed up."

eriqjaffe
10-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, somebody in Des Plaines is still smarting over Steve Bartman...

Rocky Soprano
10-13-2005, 10:05 AM
My response would simply be, who are the Cubs playing again?

Well unless YOUR team is playing then don't talk baseball to me.

itsnotrequired
10-13-2005, 10:14 AM

Asking about their attendance trophy is always a good one...

jdm2662
10-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Jen,

The jealous Cub fans are going to do this because they know it bothers you. If you don't let it upset you, they won't do the BS that they are doing. I'm a huge soccer supporter, and I get flack for it various reasons. I flat out say, I could care less. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It works the same way with the Sox. If you aren't a fan, oh well. It's your loss. I could care less if you like them or not. They want to get you riled up. Personally, I think it's great when the Cub fans whine. If anything, you should be entertained by the idioticy your school employees. Nice way to set an example to the younger ones.

pdimas
10-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I have had a few Cubs fans try to give me grief. I've just told them hey any catcher knows that if the ball is low enough to even be questioned you tag the runner to be on the safe side. Shoot even AJ said this happened to him in SF last year. They have all agreed with me :smile: . Then I let them know how heads up of a play that was by AJ. How he took off at just the right time.

ChiSoxGirl
10-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Jen,

The jealous Cub fans are going to do this because they know it bothers you. If you don't let it upset you, they won't do the BS that they are doing. I'm a huge soccer supporter, and I get flack for it various reasons. I flat out say, I could care less. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It works the same way with the Sox. If you aren't a fan, oh well. It's your loss. I could care less if you like them or not. They want to get you riled up. Personally, I think it's great when the Cub fans whine. If anything, you should be entertained by the idioticy your school employees. Nice way to set an example to the younger ones.

That's just it, though. They all say this stuff to me and I let it roll off my back, no matter whose mouth it's spewed from. It DOES bother me to no end, which was the driving force behind starting this thread; I needed to concur with and vent to the White Sox army.

I have tried to rationalize with these people in intelligent baseball conversations, saying that Josh Paul should've tagged Pierzynski, regardless of whether or not the call was "controversial." Surprisingly, they want no part of that conversation or my logic.

SOXPHILE
10-13-2005, 11:55 AM
The best thing to do, besides asking them if they were dropped on their head when they were babies, is do what I do. LAUGH AT THEM. Laugh out loud, right in their face. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!! You could also follow it up by saying "You're a Cub fan ? WAAAAHHH BOOO HOOO HOOO HOOO HOOOO !!!!!"

As far as them looking for a scapegoat, yes, they ALWAYS do. Remember, the key word there is "goat". :bandance:

spawn
10-13-2005, 11:58 AM
I have tried to rationalize with these people in intelligent baseball conversations, saying that Josh Paul should've tagged Pierzynski, regardless of whether or not the call was "controversial." Surprisingly, they want no part of that conversation or my logic.

That's not surprising...you're not speaking to intelligent people. You're talking to bitter fans, jealous their team is playing golf while the Sox are playing for the pennant. I no longer let them bother me. I won't even talk baseball with them when they start on how "lucky" we were. I just say no matter how we got it, it's a "W" in the books. But if they want to press, just say their right. It was the umpire's fault that Ozuna stole second. It was also the umpire's fault that Joe Crede lined that hanging splitter off the left field wall. Then just walk away.:D:

DumpJerry
10-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Don't get jealous, but Flub fans have pretty much been leaving me alone for a month now. My secret? I carry my Elephant gun with me and, thanks to WSI, I have more facts at my disposal to refute any and all stupid comments they make to me about the team, attendance, etc. The lesson here is don't argue with a lawyer.

Yesterday, one of the lawyers in my suite thought he could get me down when he said he saw on the TV on Tues night that there were tickets still available. He started to rant how we don't support the team, etc. when I told him how MLB gave the team only 4,000 tickets to sell and kept the others. I further told him that MLB released their unused tickets on the day of game and those were the tickets that were available. I further told him that when you are in the LCS, stadium operations are taken over by the MLB, the team losses control.

He won't challenge me ever again on White Sox issues.:D:

Thanks WSI!

skobabe8
10-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Jen,

Don't you mean you could NOT care less?

Sorry, that just bugs me. :D:

jdm2662
10-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Don't you mean you could NOT care less?

Sorry, that just bugs me. :D:

Ehhhh, whatever. I don't care what they think. How's that???? :D:

It's amazing how in 2003 when Sox fans weren't backing the Cubs how the Cub fans got pissy and offended by it. The Sox fans are classless for not siding with the Cubs. Come on, the Cubbies winning is great for the city of Chicago. You are mean for not rooting for the Cubbies. How could you not be a Cubbie fan???

mrs. hendu
10-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Ahhh, those Flubbies fans. Always so knowledgable about baseball.

Who cares what they say. Listen to your mayor - there's only one team in this city for now!!!!!!!!! :D:

ChiWavDave
10-13-2005, 03:01 PM
I had a Packer Fan today give me the "sketchy win last night" spiel, I followed up with a very calm, "Majikowski was over the line" he followed up with a "Your right human error I guess"

I then had a Flubs/Die Hard Knicks fan hit me with the same. Again calmly I said. "And Pippen didn't foul in the 94 playoffs either."

Angel Fan next... "Cano didn't interfere with the throw to first"

Pretty much shut everybody up pretty quick..

HotelWhiteSox
10-13-2005, 03:19 PM
I just don't like how some of the members of the media are trying to put a negative light on the White Sox because of this, as if Ozzie should have come out and say, 'hmmmm, you're right Mike, let's go to the 10th'. E.g. ESPN.com says "Did Chi-town shenanigans rob the Angels?" ***?

Chisox353014
10-13-2005, 03:30 PM
I just don't like how some of the members of the media are trying to put a negative light on the White Sox because of this, as if Ozzie should have come out and say, 'hmmmm, you're right Mike, let's go to the 10th'. E.g. ESPN.com says "Did Chi-town shenanigans rob the Angels?" ***?

I know, it's ridiculous. It's like they're implying that AJ kicked Josh Paul in the hoo-ha and made him drop the ball or something.
How about great heads-up thinking (AJ), great managing (Ozzie putting in Pablo to steal), and great CLUTCH hitting (Crede)? Think that had much to do with it? If it was Jeter or Damon that did what AJ did they would already be up for sainthood. Morons!

Sox of White
10-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Last night, I came back to my room with a message from a cub fan friend... "what a bad way to win"

Seriourly, what is that supposed to mean? I bad way to win might be to kill the other team, or pay off the other team. But, a smart play by AJ and a dumb play by mr. paul, followed by a hit by Joe Crede. No one helped him with the hit! Or was it actually a foul balled called fair?

Iwritecode
10-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Last night, I came back to my room with a message from a cub fan friend... "what a bad way to win"

Seriourly, what is that supposed to mean? I bad way to win might be to kill the other team, or pay off the other team. But, a smart play by AJ and a dumb play by mr. paul, followed by a hit by Joe Crede. No one helped him with the hit! Or was it actually a foul balled called fair?

Yea, I'm sure those 1919 Reds felt terrible about winning that WS...

:rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
10-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I was watching the game at my bowling league last night and even the Cubs fans on my team thought that the ball hit the ground.

Agreed.A friend of mine,who happens to be one of the few
rational northside supporters,called me on my cell and said;
"The ball hit the dirt;that's still a live ball".He admitted it was a
heads up play by A.J. :cool: :cool: My friend is a catcher in a softball
league.

It's probably been asked before,but i'll ask it again:

Why did Josh Paul just roll the ball back to the mound??:o:
Don't wait for the ump's call;if you know it's strike 3 and
there's been no call,TAG THE RUNNER OR THROW TO
FIRST BASE.:angry: That's how a catcher can sell the ump that
the batter has indeed,struck out on a pitch.

But what do I know,i'm just a fan.:cool:

eriqjaffe
10-13-2005, 04:23 PM
...a hit by Joe Crede. No one helped him with the hit!Nobody except Kelvim Escobar. :D:

mrs. hendu
10-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I know, it's ridiculous. It's like they're implying that AJ kicked Josh Paul in the hoo-ha and made him drop the ball or something.
How about great heads-up thinking (AJ), great managing (Ozzie putting in Pablo to steal), and great CLUTCH hitting (Crede)? Think that had much to do with it? If it was Jeter or Damon that did what AJ did they would already be up for sainthood. Morons!

Amen!

SoxSpeed22
10-13-2005, 05:22 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9981/cubsscapegoating7ti.jpg
That should do it.

ja1022
10-13-2005, 05:34 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9981/cubsscapegoating7ti.jpg
That should do it.

Impeccable timing as tomorrow is Steve Bartman Day.

SoXPriDe33
10-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Since I go to a school that is dominated by cub fans I have to take the heat for that game from almost everyone. I wore my Division Champions shirt today so anyone who wanted to vent some anger about the call knew who to go to. My response to most of them was a simple laugh if i didn't know them or a simple sentence or two argument and my finishing line was, the Sox are playing October baseball and the cubs are not.

I think one of the bigger problems I face is that people tell me if the Sox and Cardinals face eachother in the World Series they would rather not watch the series then root for their city's team and against their arch rival. How terrible is that?

infohawk
10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I was watching the game at my bowling league last night and even the Cubs fans on my team thought that the ball hit the ground. I am astounded by the reaction of some of these super-bitter Cubs and Red Sox fans acting like the White Sox somehow cheated. I saw Cubs fan post that the White Sox might as well cork their bats and shoot steroids before Game 3 if this is how they are gonna play. I mean, how pathetic are these people? They are acting like their own team was robbed. I'll give the Angels fans a pass; if it were the White Sox in their place, I'd be angry, too. The rest of these people need to get over it. It was Game 2, not Game 7.
I was surprised by the tone and anger over at the Cubs message board. I was curious about what they were saying, so I thought I'd check it out. Most commentary I have heard today from people and the media has been that the Sox benefited from a blown call. They blame the umpires, and to a lesser extent, Josh Paul for not tagging A.J. The preponderance of comments on the Cub message board, however, is anger toward the Sox. As if the call were up to them! It strikes me that, despite comments that they don't care about the Sox, these guys are afraid. Afraid the Sox will actually do something they have not been able to do. There may also be a deep frustration that such a monumental incident benefited the Sox instead of being something that happened to the Sox. I suppose years of "curse" thinking and "woe is us" could develop a mindset of anger when some other team, particularly the Sox, seems to get a big break in a crucial situation.

robertks61
10-13-2005, 07:30 PM
My statement at work to Cubs fans today was: We got our break last night. You got your's in 2003 with Bartman. Oop's, that went the wrong way for you. Sorry! They laughed it off.

Hendu
10-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Cubs fans giving you grief over the win last night? Just show them this article:

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AqU9L.t0Xf4CAxkCcDdxL.cRvLYF?slug=rs-angels101305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

They're not gonna argue with Ryno, right?

Soxfan35
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
What do you expect in this city. There are 2 kinds of cubs fans, the real baseball fans who are knowledgable about the game, the teams and the players. I have great baseball conversations wiht many of them at bars or at work. However, we also have the trendy cubs fans, who don't anything about the game except for what they read in the cubune every day. I'm sure most of you will notice that its the trendy cubs fans who are running their mouths the most during the playoffs. No big shock there. The real baseball fans know that hey, stuff like this happens, the sox took advantage of it and won the game. If joe had struck out, then no one would even be talking about the play.

Optipessimism
10-13-2005, 10:32 PM
There are 2 kinds of cubs fans, the real baseball fans who are knowledgable about the game, the teams and the players. I have great baseball conversations wiht many of them at bars or at work. However, we also have the trendy cubs fans, who don't anything about the game except for what they read in the cubune every day.

I always hear about these knowledgeable Cub fans who aren't jags yet I've never met one. The only knowledgeable Cub fan I've ever met was a drug addict who managed a little league team, which of course means HUGE jag.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I always hear about these knowledgeable Cub fans who aren't jags yet I've never met one.There is one here named Vic.

antitwins13
10-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Asking about their attendance trophy is always a good one...

Yeah but who has the October attendance trophy?

StillMissOzzie
10-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Another woman- the same one who started in on me last week with the "Let's Go Red Sox" chants- came right up to me and seriously said, "What I want to know is who the Sox are paying off in this series to get a ridiculous call like that!" I didn't dignify ANY of these comments with so much as a comment, let alone an answer.

Tell her that you are the one being paid off, and quite handsomely at that. Offer to buy her lunch with some of the swag. Of course, she will decline, since:
A) She will consider it blood money, and
B) She sounds dumb enough to believe this story so far.

SMO
:bandance: :D: :gulp:

Dick Allen
10-15-2005, 09:19 PM
The woman is a teacher? No wonder today's youth is going down the toilet.

TDog
10-15-2005, 11:39 PM
If you want to get down to it, the Cubs only got into the World Series because Freddy Merkle ran off the field in fear of the fans coming onto the field before he touched second base on an apparent game-winning hit. The Cubs got the forceout at secnod after the ball was thrown into the crowd. They had to wrestle it away from a fan. No one says the last Cubs World Series win was tainted. No one cares.

If they did, they would celebrate their nearly century old World Series drought as the "Merkle curse."

SoXPriDe33
10-15-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm having a conversation right now with a flub fan, and he is saying if the Sox and Cardinals make it to the world series he would rather not watch. This kid is a die-hard baseball fan. He's a genius in math and his dream job is to be a statistician for any MLB team but the white sox. This guy is getting on my nerves but he is one of my best friends, He says the sox stink and I ask him for his reason and he goes "cuz they're the white sox" god just give the team some credit and root for your city. Chicago doesn't get many chances like this and he's putting a downer on the whole thing. Go get 'em Sox and prove to cub fans like this one that they are morons for not cheering you on.

TornLabrum
10-15-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm having a conversation right now with a flub fan, and he is saying if the Sox and Cardinals make it to the world series he would rather not watch. This kid is a die-hard baseball fan. He's a genius in math and his dream job is to be a statistician for any MLB team but the white sox. This guy is getting on my nerves but he is one of my best friends, He says the sox stink and I ask him for his reason and he goes "cuz they're the white sox" god just give the team some credit and root for your city. Chicago doesn't get many chances like this and he's putting a downer on the whole thing. Go get 'em Sox and prove to cub fans like this one that they are morons for not cheering you on.

So you're on record as saying that you'd root for the Cubs if they won?

SoXPriDe33
10-16-2005, 12:03 AM
So you're on record as saying that you'd root for the Cubs if they won?

If they were in the world series I would rather see them win a World Series then Cleveland or Minnesota, if they matched up with one of those teams.

TornLabrum
10-16-2005, 12:10 AM
If they were in the world series I would rather see them win a World Series then Cleveland or Minnesota, if they matched up with one of those teams.

To each his own, I guess.

PeteWard
10-16-2005, 08:49 AM

How long have you lived in the Chicago area?

The Critic
10-16-2005, 09:10 AM
I always hear about these knowledgeable Cub fans who aren't jags yet I've never met one. The only knowledgeable Cub fan I've ever met was a drug addict who managed a little league team, which of course means HUGE jag.

They DO exist. My cousin and two of my better friends fall into this category. Lifelong Cub fans who can hold an intelligent baseball discussion and who don't let their allegiance color their appreciation of the job the Sox are doing this year.
My cousin lost 100 bucks on his annual bet with a co-worker ( 5 bucks for every win the Sox had more than the Cubs ) but I just saw him last night and he said "I'd give anything to be in the position you're in now, because the Sox are not going to blow this".
His wife is a die-hard Sox fan, so maybe that has mellowed him, but still....:D:

SoXPriDe33
10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
How long have you lived in the Chicago area?

I've lived here all my life and been a die hard sox fan for just as long.

SoXPriDe33
10-17-2005, 07:45 AM
I take back rooting for the flubs if they played minnesota or cleveland in the World Series. I don't care if any flub fan roots for this ball club in the World Series, we don't need their help. I'd rather see wrigley collapse then see a flub world series. my reason for flip-flopping is that after that win nothing matters to me about the media attention, the cubune's bias towards its team, or what the flub fans think of the south side and the white sox, our team is in the World Series and you guys have "to wait till next year"

GO SOX!!!!

SSN721
10-17-2005, 12:23 PM

Wow, you are a better man then me. Depending on how you want to look at it. I would not question your loyalty and love for the SOx, but I would root for any team to beat the Cubs in the Series. I can easily put aside the Cubs when the Sox are doing well, because my love and devotion is with this team, but it is hard not to consider the Cubs blowing another season of high expectations and hype as icing on the cake and get a little extra joy out of it. Of course the Cubs could make it to the playoffs as well and would not have really effected my hapiness with the SOx. But as another poster said to each their own, but I could never see a scenario where I would root for the Cubs, unless it somehow woudl benifit the White Sox if they would win.

SSN721
10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
I take back rooting for the flubs if they played minnesota or cleveland in the World Series. I don't care if any flub fan roots for this ball club in the World Series, we don't need their help. I'd rather see wrigley collapse then see a flub world series. my reason for flip-flopping is that after that win nothing matters to me about the media attention, the cubune's bias towards its team, or what the flub fans think of the south side and the white sox, our team is in the World Series and you guys have "to wait till next year"

GO SOX!!!!

That sounds better. :D:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Just give them the finger (no not that finger - the No. 1 finger) and walk away. That will piss them off more than anything.

Pasqua's Posers
10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
ALOT of bitterness on NSBB this morning. Here's just one of the many: (I added emphasis in regards to where the author is clearly smoking crack)

I'm not watching the Series unless the Sox are down to the ninth inning and are about to be eliminated. I won't be able to stand watching their bandwagon fans and the stupid talk about Shoeless Joe and how good their starting rotation is when ours is better as long as we aren't taking line drives off the elbow...this is terrible. If the Sox win it all, I don't know what I will do.
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

jdm2662
10-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey Jen,

How did the jealous Cub fans react today? Hope you had a great time laughing at in their faces...

ChiSoxGirl
10-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey Jen,

How did the jealous Cub fans react today? Hope you had a great time laughing at in their faces...

They haven't said A SINGLE WORD TO ME; not even Congratulations or anything resembling happiness for me. But really, I didn't expect anything else from them.

Uncle_Patrick
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't care if Cubs fans support the Sox or not. I have many friends and acquaintences who are Cubs fans, so I don't hate their whole fanbase. If they want to hate us (and I mean "us" as in the fans, since they seem to hate us more than the team) I don't care because I know many of us would never support the Cubs if the roles were reversed. I do admit getting a kick out of reading some of their message boards just because they claim to "not care" about the Sox until the Sox are doing well. The bitterness is hilarious. Its funny that, even now, any time any Sox fan or anyone involved with the Sox mentions the Cubs, its automatically because of our "inferiority complex." So, if we say "Who would Cubs fans root for in the World Series", we ask that because we feel "inferior". Hilarious!

jdm2662
10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
They haven't said A SINGLE WORD TO ME; not even Congratulations or anything resembling happiness for me. But really, I didn't expect anything else from them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ah, poor Cubbie fans. More jealousy. I love it!

itsnotrequired
10-17-2005, 02:27 PM
ALOT of bitterness on NSBB this morning. Here's just one of the many: (I added emphasis in regards to where the author is clearly smoking crack)

I'm not watching the Series unless the Sox are down to the ninth inning and are about to be eliminated. I won't be able to stand watching their bandwagon fans and the stupid talk about Shoeless Joe and how good their starting rotation is when ours is better as long as we aren't taking line drives off the elbow...this is terrible. If the Sox win it all, I don't know what I will do.
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Lots of gems over there. A few more:

I'm probably more upset because of the way they play baseball. Their fans and the fact that they're rivals make it much worse, but the main reason I hate that they've advanced is the same reason as if the Nationals had made it thus far. They aren't the most talented team, and they play a stupid brand of baseball that gets celebrated because of their flukish success.

or

No, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about Guillen's obsession with wastes like sac bunts and excessive SB attempts, or "Grinderball". It's stupid baseball, and it's part of the reason they didn't score as many runs as it is. Any postseason success shouldn't change this fact. I'm not talking about pitching and defense. It most certainly isn't the way the Cubs won in '03, and not the way any of the teams you mentioned did it either.

Stupid baseball? Sox scored 5% more runs than the Cubs this year...and did it by getting 4% fewer hits. Stupid baseball indeed...

jdm2662
10-17-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't care if Cubs fans support the Sox or not. I have many friends and acquaintences who are Cubs fans, so I don't hate their whole fanbase. If they want to hate us (and I mean "us" as in the fans, since they seem to hate us more than the team) I don't care because I know many of us would never support the Cubs if the roles were reversed. I do admit getting a kick out of reading some of their message boards just because they claim to "not care" about the Sox until the Sox are doing well. The bitterness is hilarious. Its funny that, even now, any time any Sox fan or anyone involved with the Sox mentions the Cubs, its automatically because of our "inferiority complex." So, if we say "Who would Cubs fans root for in the World Series", we ask that because we feel "inferior". Hilarious!

That's been my attitude all year. I sure as hell didn't root for the Cubs in 2003, and I sure don't expect them to root for the Sox. However, I didn't say a single word during their run. Why? Because, I had nothing to say. Their team was playing in the playoffs, and mine wasn't. I just find it funny how they got pissy when not all of Chicago was rooting for the Cubbies...

The Sox are my team. If you whine about them, you are jealous. Sucks to be you. If you are not a fan, sorry your loss! I'll be watching my team in the series. When is your team playing next??

spawn
10-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Believe it or not, I've gotten congrats from a lot of Cub fans here at work and also received e-mails offering congrats from other Cub fans as well. They even want the Sox to bring home a World Series Championship. It surpirsed the hell out of me. Of course, I do have the idiots who are saying we got lucky in beating Boston, and the Angels were tired. To them, I say "So, when was the last time the Cubs won the Pennant?":D:

moochpuppy
10-17-2005, 03:33 PM

or

Stupid baseball? Sox scored 5% more runs than the Cubs this year...and did it by getting 4% fewer hits. Stupid baseball indeed...

That has to be some of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read regarding baseball.

Lisa
10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
"There's no crying in baseball!!!!!"

Jerko
10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Oh these Cub fans. Too bad they don't take after real bears and hibernate for the winter. Can't we just spank them and send them to bed?

SOX ADDICT '73
10-17-2005, 03:55 PM
That has to be some of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read regarding baseball.
Stole my post!

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if these yahoos decided to root for the Sox just so they could be unquestionably alone in their distinction as The Losingest Franchise in the History of Professional Sports. I realize they already have that honor, but the White Sox are (and Red Sox were) only a few years short of the 97 years of futility they seem to embrace.

Uncle_Patrick
10-17-2005, 04:06 PM

or

Cubs fans would be the experts on stupid baseball.

whtsx1959
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM

Tell the Cub fans that Derrek Lee got a double yesterday, double bogey.

Jerko
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Tell the Cub fans that Derrek Lee got a double yesterday, double bogey.

http://www.chicago-cubs-baseball.com/images/caray.gif

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. That was a good one Mike.

mjharrison72
10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
"There's no crying in baseball!!!!!"
Amen!
Unless, as I mentioned in another thread, it's tears of joy. No shame in that.

mrs. hendu
10-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Wait a minute, what's this thread about? Cubs who? :D:

C-Dawg
10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
No, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about Guillen's obsession with wastes like sac bunts and excessive SB attempts, or "Grinderball". It's stupid baseball, and it's part of the reason they didn't score as many runs as it is. Any postseason success shouldn't change this fact. I'm not talking about pitching and defense. It most certainly isn't the way the Cubs won in '03, and not the way any of the teams you mentioned did it either.

That's absolutely insane. They make it sound like we should give back a whole lot of our victories because they were achieved via "stupid" grinderball.

Last time I checked, a victory still counted as a victory, regardless of how it was obtained. Considering the Sox were picked to win it all by absolutely NO ONE in the media, I'd say we have a pretty good thing going here!

And the Cubs.... Heavily favored to win in 2003 - won exactly 88 regular-season games, only to lose the NL championship to the lowly wild-card team (who by the way, won 91 in the regular season). Need I say more?

JorgeFabregas
10-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Just give them the finger (no not that finger - the No. 1 finger) and walk away. That will piss them off more than anything.

I like the thumbs up, myself.

doublem23
10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Some of my friends have been mildly supportive. My one buddy told me that he's happy for me being happy, he's just really pissed about what I'm happy about, but after the game ended last night, he called me to ask what it feels like.

SoxEd
10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Considering the Sox were picked to win it all by absolutely NO ONE in the media, I'd say we have a pretty good thing going here!

Over here, ONE guy actually picked the Sox to win the WS at the start of the season :o: - he's an expat Yank who now plays baseball for Team GB.

His name is Josh Chetwynd, and he'll be at Comiskey for the Series, working for the British free-to-air TV station called five.
I imagine he'll be 'showing us (Brits) around' the stadium a bit, so if any of you bump in to him, please be nice.

Props to him, I say - obviously getting away from ESPN et al enables a person to make predictions without prejudice. :smile:

GoSox2K3
11-01-2005, 11:57 PM

So, ChiSoxGirl, how did your Cub fan "friend" react to the WHITE SOX WINNING THE WORLD SERIES?!!! :bandance:

I bet she doesn't have anything smart to say now.

ChiSoxGirl
11-02-2005, 12:03 AM
So, ChiSoxGirl, how did your Cub fan "friend" react to the WHITE SOX WINNING THE WORLD SERIES?!!! :bandance:

I bet she doesn't have anything smart to say now.

She hasn't said a word to me. She did, however, manage to sneak in a snide remark to me last Thursday when I asked her to cover for me at Extended Care Friday morning because I took a Personal Day and went to the Ticker Tape Parade. Upon asking her to cover for me, she goes, "Yeah, I guess so. I can't believe I'm doing this for a Sox fan! Ugh! What's wrong with me?!"

She's such a :dtroll: (fits the physical description to a tee, too) and the little respect I had for her before the Sox went to the playoffs has since dissipated to nothing. I only talk to her when it's necessary. As far as I'm concerned though, that's her loss!

The_Floridian
11-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Most of my Cub fan friends have been pretty respectful, usually tacking on something like "Can't wait for that Subway Series next year!" To which I respond, "Uh, yeah. Me too."

The only snide comment came from a friend who e-mailed my wife to say that "Jerry Reinsdorf is no Bill Veeck."

My wife responded, "And Dusty Baker is no Ozzie Guillen."

:D:

jdm2662
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
She hasn't said a word to me. She did, however, manage to sneak in a snide remark to me last Thursday when I asked her to cover for me at Extended Care Friday morning because I took a Personal Day and went to the Ticker Tape Parade. Upon asking her to cover for me, she goes, "Yeah, I guess so. I can't believe I'm doing this for a Sox fan! Ugh! What's wrong with me?!"

She's such a :dtroll: (fits the physical description to a tee, too) and the little respect I had for her before the Sox went to the playoffs has since dissipated to nothing. I only talk to her when it's necessary. As far as I'm concerned though, that's her loss!

People who are like that are total losers. Sports is entertainment. Using something stupid like the team you are fan of against you shows signs of a total loser. My good friend of over 20 years hates the Bears with a passion. I don't use it against him, and he doesn't use it against me that I'm a huge fan of them. She's probably the same loser that two years ago was disgusted that not everyone is backing her Cubbies because it was great for Chicago!!! It's not your fault she is a bitter and jealous moron. People like that don't even deserve to associate with you. Be sure to send her pics on opening day when the World Series championship flag is being raised. I'm sure it will make her day.:D:

eriqjaffe
11-02-2005, 11:24 AM
She's such a :dtroll: (fits the physical description to a tee, too)
I think I found a picture of her!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9188/cubstroll0rn.jpg

That's her, right?

ChiSoxGirl
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I think I found a picture of her!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9188/cubstroll0rn.jpg

That's her, right?

Aside from the red hair (that's my trademark), it's her alright! :cool: :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
03-21-2006, 11:12 PM
At the risk of resurrecting this thread from a few months back, I just had to share with my WSI family another Cub fan moment by that wonderful 6th grade teacher from my school who lit into me during every playoff series.

We have our staff meeting every Tuesday and this week, we broke up into units- I was at the 4-6th grade meeting. The teacher in question was the one reading the items on the agenda... that is until she came to fourth and final item. She said, "Here, you read it. I can't even say these words out loud!" The item up for discussion had to do with the Straight A award program for students that the Sox offer- a kid's game ticket is free with the purchase of another ticket- as my school participates in this every year. It actually read something like "White Sox tickets available to students...," but figured since I had the honor of reading it aloud, I was going to do some tweaking. I read it, "2005 World Series Champion White Sox tickets are available to students who achieve straight As...."

I was accused of not knowing how to read by this teacher because I threw the "2005 World Series Champions" part into the item, and was then told I needed to go back to school and learn how to read what's written in front of me. In addition, I heard from her that "only dummies go to that Cell! Wrigley Field is where all the smart fans go!" WHAT?! There are smart fans at Wrigley? I didn't think there were smart anything- fans or people- at Wrigley! I gave her the tickets-sold-so-far statistic and she just told me that those 2.2 million are all stupid and don't know how to spend their money wisely. That's right, because it's much wiser to spend our money on watered-down beer at the world's largest frat party-turned beer garden! :rolleyes: She gave me some other shot about how no-good my team and organization are, but I simply sat there because nothing she said deserved to be dignified with an answer. As far as I'm concerned, the rhetorical answer was given on October 26, 2005!

I'm by no means Flubsessed, but this is just one of those things that bothered me today. And just for the record, I only speak to this woman when I absolutely have to because I lost all respect for her back in October when she started her whole "Let's go Red Sox!" chant down the hallway on the morning of Game 1 of the ALDS.

SouthSide_HitMen
03-21-2006, 11:22 PM
At the risk of resurrecting this thread from a few months back, I just had to share with my WSI family another Cub fan moment by that wonderful 6th grade teacher from my school who lit into me during every playoff series.

We have our staff meeting every Tuesday and this week, we broke up into units- I was at the 4-6th grade meeting. The teacher in question was the one reading the items on the agenda... that is until she came to fourth and final item. She said, "Here, you read it. I can't even say these words out loud!" The item up for discussion had to do with the Straight A award program for students that the Sox offer- a kid's game ticket is free with the purchase of another ticket- as my school participates in this every year. It actually read something like "White Sox tickets available to students...," but figured since I had the honor of reading it aloud, I was going to do some tweaking. I read it, "2005 World Series Champion White Sox tickets are available to students who achieve straight As...."

I was accused of not knowing how to read by this teacher because I threw the "2005 World Series Champions" part into the item, and was then told I needed to go back to school and learn how to read what's written in front of me. In addition, I heard from her that "only dummies go to that Cell! Wrigley Field is where all the smart fans go!" WHAT?! There are smart fans at Wrigley? I didn't think there were smart anything- fans or people- at Wrigley! I gave her the tickets-sold-so-far statistic and she just told me that those 2.2 million are all stupid and don't know how to spend their money wisely. That's right, because it's much wiser to spend our money on watered-down beer at the world's largest frat party-turned beer garden! :rolleyes: She gave me some other shot about how no-good my team and organization are, but I simply sat there because nothing she said deserved to be dignified with an answer. As far as I'm concerned, the rhetorical answer was given on October 26, 2005!

I'm by no means Flubsessed, but this is just one of those things that bothered me today. And just for the record, I only speak to this woman when I absolutely have to because I lost all respect for her back in October when she started her whole "Let's go Red Sox!" chant down the hallway on the morning of Game 1 of the ALDS.

I do not think the bleachers / much of the neighborhood is an appropriate place for children which is a good reason the cubs have never offered a program like this - at least as long as I've been alive.

I don't know if Bill Veeck started this (the owner when I first took advantage of the program as a Catholic School student on the NW Side) or someone earlier but I am glad Jerry Reinsdorf has decided to continue the tradition of awarding hard work (As) and effort (perfect attendance) to the students of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. I've bitched about Reinsdorf over the years but this is one area where he has earned straight A's for continuing this great program.

Did you ask her if her "team" does anything for children (vs. the no good team) or are the cubs more like The Admiral and other Chicago area strip clubs catering to adults only?

ChiSoxLifer
03-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Perhaps you should ask her why her sixth grade students act more mature than she does.

Dick Allen
03-21-2006, 11:42 PM
It's time to terminate this woman - and I don't mean getting fired.

ChiSoxGirl
03-21-2006, 11:46 PM

:roflmao:Isn't she unbelievable?!

DumpJerry
03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
That teacher needs to grow up. Her sense of humor is wearing thin.

chisoxfanatic
03-21-2006, 11:59 PM
I think I sense another Hangar18 rant soon...

Cuck the Fubs
03-22-2006, 12:18 AM

You know what's really amazing? Almost ALL of my buddies whom are Cubs lemmings are like this poor tortured soul.....

How in god's name can they carry on like this when we are the defending Champs and they are in the mist of a 98 year drought???

Is it that Carrie Wood & Michelle Prior are going to pitch them to another simulated title this year?!?!?

I feel for ya Chi Sox Girl

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-22-2006, 08:29 AM
ChiSoxGirl -

Tell her the reason she's stuck teaching 6th grade is it matches the IQ equivalent of all the frat boys/pixies that "support" Wrigley.

Also, remind her the Cubs play in the 1st corporate sellout of a stadium...historic as it is.

Us RH's need to stick together. Mine is more gray, but nonetheless....

TomBradley72
03-22-2006, 08:41 AM
No "Golden Apple" Award for her! Is there a "Sour Apple" Award?

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-22-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree with Jerry Reinsdorf
"Its gunna take 2 championships to get the city"

DrCrawdad
03-22-2006, 09:04 AM

I suggest that you buy her a very special collectable coin and give it to her on the Cubs opening day.

http://www.tommcmahon.net/images/1908.jpg
I got one on eBay for .99.

jdm2662
03-22-2006, 09:20 AM
It's one thing to dislike a team, but to act like a complete jack ass in the process is another. It's even worse when you show jealousy. When the Packers won the Super Bowl, I didn't do stupid stuff with Packers fans. It was pointless. The same with my friend from LA during the Lakers fun. As much as I hated the Lakers, what the hell was I going to say? Yeah, I would tell him the reason why I hated the Lakers, but comparing them to the Bulls was flat out stupid, considering the Bulls were the run. And, unlike the Cubs, the Bulls actually won not won but six titles in the previous decade.

Hawkeroo1980
03-22-2006, 09:45 AM
I agree with Jerry Reinsdorf
"Its gunna take 2 championships to get the city"

i don't want fans like this to step foot in the Cell....EVER!

I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS......lets let those losers sulk like little babies in their weed-ridden urinal cake.

carpetbaggers never bothered me..............but straight out wrigley field knobs are never welcome in the Cell. Thats why I can only stomach the cubs/sox at the Cell for only soooooo long.:angry:

ChiSoxGirl
03-22-2006, 09:55 AM
i don't want fans like this to step foot in the Cell....EVER!

I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS......lets let those losers sulk like little babies in their weed-ridden urinal cake.

carpetbaggers never bothered me..............but straight out wrigley field knobs are never welcome in the Cell. Thats why I can only stomach the cubs/sox at the Cell for only soooooo long.:angry:

Believe it or not, this woman HAS been to our ballpark as recently as last season- in the Stadium Club and then to seats between the visitor's dugout and home plate on top of it!!! :?: :angry: But that aside, I can pretty much guarantee she'll never go again, or will never attend as a "fan" because with the amount of venom and hatred in her for everything that is World Champion White Sox baseball, she couldn't bring herself to do it. As it is, she couldn't even read the words "White Sox" during our staff meeting yesterday afternoon!

Hawkeroo1980
03-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Believe it or not, this woman HAS been to our ballpark as recently as last season- in the Stadium Club and then to seats between the visitor's dugout and home plate on top of it!!! :?: :angry: But that aside, I can pretty much guarantee she'll never go again, or will never attend as a "fan" because with the amount of venom and hatred in her for everything that is World Champion White Sox baseball, she couldn't bring herself to do it. As it is, she couldn't even read the words "White Sox" during our staff meeting yesterday afternoon!

Chisoxgirl--

You need to create a way of getting back at her. perhapstell her class to wear white sox gear one day....or slap a nice "2005 world series champs" bumper sticker on her car.:gulp:

Railsplitter
03-22-2006, 10:56 AM
That teacher is typical. You can't spell Cubs without b.s.

SOXPHILE
03-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Ask Miss Smartypants if she knows when the last time the Cubs won a World Series championship while playing at "beautiful' (crumbling), "historic" (urine & vomit soaked) Wrigley Field ? Inquire which of the fans at Wrigley she finds to be "smart"- the drunken, pooka bead wearing fratboys, and their Lincoln Park trixie friends, who both yell "CUBBIES !!! WOOOOOO !!!!" ? - or does she lean more towards the yuppies with the sweaters tied over their shoulders, in the middle of July, who talk on their cell phones the whole game, and don't know that when you pinch hit for the pitcher, he can't come back into the game the following inning ? She might even prefer the middle aged ladies and their elderly mothers who sit together, wearing their big, round Cubs knit hats (again, in the middle of July), and ping ball sized Cubs earrings, and discuss cousin Mary's upcoming wedding, and Uncle Fred's funeral the previous week, cheering every so often when they realize someone got on base, saying "Oh, look, they got a hit. Who is that ? I hope they win today for goodness sakes. Do you think we should leave early to beat the traffic ?"

Sox83Kid
03-22-2006, 11:28 AM
That teacher needs to grow up. Her sense of humor is wearing thin.

How can that poor teacher have a sense of humor--she's a Cub fan!:redneck

ws05champs
03-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I was accused of not knowing how to read by this teacher because I threw the "2005 World Series Champions" part into the item, and was then told I needed to go back to school and learn how to read what's written in front of me. In addition, I heard from her that "only dummies go to that Cell! . . .

My wife is also a teacher. Her school is in the northwest suburbs so she works with a bunch of flub fans. It amazes me how cruel and petty these supposedly "educated" people can be. They often get on her nerves too. There really is no way to get back at these people. They are their own worst enemy and you only stoop to their level. Even still, a nice college prank such as "pennying her in" would be great.

I have found that looking upon flub fans as though they have some sort of mental illness helps. When they make a comment I ignore the comment and instead offer them help for their problem. And of course the cure is to become a fan of The 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox! That always shuts them up.

BTW I believe it is a "Law of the Universe" that we must refer to them as: "The 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox."

ChiSoxGirl
03-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Today's installment of a Cub fan at it again doesn't involve that 6th grade teacher, but rather my assistant principal!

This morning when I came in, she was walking down the hall toward me and saw me with my Sox travel mug and asked when Opening Day was. I happily told her it was next Sunday night. She was very surprised it's so soon, so I explained how it got picked up to be the Sunday Night Game of the Week, etc. She asked if I'll be able to go, and I told her that yes, I do have a ticket and that I'm so excited because they're raising the World Series Champions flag before the game. And with that, she laughed out loud at me! Excuse me, but what about anything I said was funny or even intended to be funny? :?:

Perhaps her laugher at me came out of jealousy, but still... this is my assistant principal we're talking about here. Then again, she's the one who, in January, told me to take down all my World Champions stuff in my classroom and "support R.," the 6th grade teacher who's on my case all the time, because her Bears were in the playoffs. Support R.? What for? She didn't support me in October! Needless to say, my World Champions decor is still hanging in my classroom and I have no intentions of removing it!

itsnotrequired
03-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Then again, she's the one who, in January, told me to take down all my World Champions stuff in my classroom and "support R.," the 6th grade teacher who's on my case all the time, because her Bears were in the playoffs. Support R.? What for? She didn't support me in October! Needless to say, my World Champions decor is still hanging in my classroom and I have no intentions of removing it!

File a grievance!

:tongue:

AZChiSoxFan
03-23-2006, 09:51 AM
I have found that looking upon flub fans as though they have some sort of mental illness helps. When they make a comment I ignore the comment and instead offer them help for their problem. And of course the cure is to become a fan of The 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox! That always shuts them up.

Classic. This is actually a great piece of advice, thanks.

ws05champs
03-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Today's installment of a Cub fan at it again doesn't involve that 6th grade teacher, but rather my assistant principal!

This morning when I came in, she was walking down the hall toward me and saw me with my Sox travel mug and asked when Opening Day was. I happily told her it was next Sunday night. She was very surprised it's so soon, so I explained how it got picked up to be the Sunday Night Game of the Week, etc. She asked if I'll be able to go, and I told her that yes, I do have a ticket and that I'm so excited because they're raising the World Series Champions flag before the game. And with that, she laughed out loud at me! Excuse me, but what about anything I said was funny or even intended to be funny? :?:

Perhaps her laugher at me came out of jealousy, but still... this is my assistant principal we're talking about here. Then again, she's the one who, in January, told me to take down all my World Champions stuff in my classroom and "support R.," the 6th grade teacher who's on my case all the time, because her Bears were in the playoffs. Support R.? What for? She didn't support me in October! Needless to say, my World Champions decor is still hanging in my classroom and I have no intentions of removing it!

Could it be that she just doesn't understand how serious this is to Sox fans, and the laughter may have been her way of showing you that she thought you were acting a bit silly about it? There are some people out there that don't know that "fan" is short for fanatic.

Iwritecode
03-23-2006, 11:36 AM
:tomatoaward

and it only took 5 months for the thread to get over 100. :cool:

voodoochile
03-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Could it be that she just doesn't understand how serious this is to Sox fans, and the laughter may have been her way of showing you that she thought you were acting a bit silly about it? There are some people out there that don't know that "fan" is short for fanatic.

I planned my first trip back to Chicago since moving to NC around this event so I could attend. The first baseball championship flag raised in the city in 88 years (185 combined years) is NOT a trivial matter if you are a true baseball fan.

Sox-on-TV44
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
My wife is also a teacher. Her school is in the northwest suburbs so she works with a bunch of flub fans. It amazes me how cruel and petty these supposedly "educated" people can be. They often get on her nerves too. There really is no way to get back at these people. They are their own worst enemy and you only stoop to their level. Even still, a nice college prank such as "pennying her in" would be great.

BTW I believe it is a "Law of the Universe" that we must refer to them as: "The 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox."

Teachers and assistant Principals are Cubs fans?

No wonder the drop-out rate in America is sky high!:roflmao: :rolling:

voodoochile
03-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Teachers and assistant Principals are Cubs fans?

No wonder the drop-out rate in America is sky high!:roflmao: :rolling:

No, it's not a drop out thing. It's a stupid thing. After all, flubs fans would keep going to school for the cheerleaders, pictures on the wall and the chance to wear outfits that match the school colors. Of course, they'd leave after the lunchroom shut down and go to wherever the after school hangout it.

Thus they would be counted in attendance (the most important thing) but regularly fail classes, thus allowing them to attend and fail forever...

Sox-on-TV44
03-23-2006, 11:52 AM
No, it's not a drop out thing. It's a stupid thing. After all, flubs fans would keep going to school for the cheerleaders, pictures on the wall and the chance to wear outfits that match the school colors. Of course, they'd leave after the lunchroom shut down and go to wherever the after school hangout it.

Thus they would be counted in attendance (the most important thing) but regularly fail classes, thus allowing them to attend and fail forever...
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Dick Allen
03-23-2006, 01:11 PM

Perhaps her laugher at me came out of jealousy, but still... this is my assistant principal we're talking about here. Then again, she's the one who, in January, told me to take down all my World Champions stuff in my classroom and "support R.," the 6th grade teacher who's on my case all the time, because her Bears were in the playoffs. Support R.? What for? She didn't support me in October! Needless to say, my World Champions decor is still hanging in my classroom and I have no intentions of removing it!:sopranos "You want we should have a talk with her?"