PDA

View Full Version : Sign John Stanis up for WSI

SouthSide_HitMen
10-13-2005, 01:47 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-whitesoxfan&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHICAGO (AP) -- John Stanis isn't rattled when the Angels send Vladimir Guerrero (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5737/) or Garret Anderson (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5289/) to the plate. After all, he's 95 years old and he's seen guys like Babe Ruth take apart White Sox pitching.

``It was more or less a foregone conclusion -- every time he came to the park, much to my sorrow, he treated us to a home run,'' Stanis said. On Wednesday night, Stanis finally had a ticket to watch his beloved White Sox play a postseason game.....

WinOrDyeTrying
10-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Heres how a conversation would go

Dark cloud guy: I can't believe we lost to K.C.! What happened to small ball?! On meaningless Paul Konerko shot is all we could scratch across! This is why this team will not go deep!

95 year old guy: Well, I remember when the Sox did go to the World Series. They threw it. It put a damper on my day. This was just after WW1, and the great depression and WW2 were coming up. Plus I couldnt drink after a lose in the '20s.

Dark cloud guy: .....

antitwins13
10-13-2005, 01:55 AM

Dark cloud guy: I can't believe we lost to K.C.! What happened to small ball?! On meaningless Paul Konerko shot is all we could scratch across! This is why this team will not go deep!

95 year old guy: Well, I remember when the Sox did go to the World Series. They threw it. It put a damper on my day. This was just after WW1, and the great depression and WW2 were coming up. Plus I couldnt drink after a lose in the '20s.

Sign him up

shoota II
10-13-2005, 05:22 PM

hahaha :rolling:

JohnBasedowYoda
10-13-2005, 07:20 PM
this dark could guy sounds pretty cool

SweetnesSox
10-13-2005, 07:50 PM
that's because the dark cloud guy is YOU and YOU and ALL OF YOU... sorry i kinda freaked out there.

Clembasbal
10-14-2005, 08:20 AM
That guy was on Channel 7 news all day Wednesday. Then FOX interviewed him at the game. They pulled the same crap the last two years with the Red Sox and Cubs.

I love the guy for staying true, but the media is in such a desperate need for stories that this crap comes out.

But to be honest, I'm glad he was rooting our boys on!

Hangar18
10-14-2005, 08:25 AM

Then he gets banned for talking about crowds in the old days ...... :wink:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-14-2005, 01:14 PM
That guy was on Channel 7 news all day Wednesday. Then FOX interviewed him at the game. They pulled the same crap the last two years with the Red Sox and Cubs.

I love the guy for staying true, but the media is in such a desperate need for stories that this crap comes out.

But to be honest, I'm glad he was rooting our boys on!

I disagree. It is good to see people of age and experience profiled in the media. Most of the "news" revolves around Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton et al. I rather hear a 95 year old White Sox fan talk baseball vs. what Paris Hilton's dog is doing and who was thrown off the island.

I agree the media is desperate but that is always the case.