PDA

View Full Version : FUNNIEST thing on Baseball Tonight

Gavin
10-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Harold Reynolds was talking how the home plate umpire supposedbly does a turn and extend hand then make a fist on every strikeout. He was saying this as footage showed exactly when Burlymon threw a strike 3 in the dirt, Harold was talking showing about how supposedly the fist meant "out"... except he did the fist RIGHT AFTER AJ tagged the guy on his side to make sure he was out. Hilarious.

At least time the stuff right when you're making a point, Harold.

saltwater farmer
10-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Harold Reynolds was talking how the home plate umpire supposedbly does a turn and extend hand then make a fist on every strikeout. He was saying this as footage showed exactly when Burlymon threw a strike 3 in the dirt, Harold was talking showing about how supposedly the fist meant "out"... except he did the fist RIGHT AFTER AJ tagged the guy on his side to make sure he was out. Hilarious.

At least time the stuff right when you're making a point, Harold.

you're wrong. Reynolds and Kruk both said it was confusing because most people assume the fist means "out," but he went on to say that this ump makes the fist on EVERY strike, even first or second strikes. Bottom line, they both said, was that Josh P screwed up by taking it for granted. As a ballplayer, you are taught to keep playing until you HEAR a call. Harold and Kruk put this "controversy" to rest in a matter of 30 seconds.

Gavin
10-12-2005, 11:42 PM
you're wrong. Reynolds and Kruk both said it was confusing because most people assume the fist means "out," but he went on to say that this ump makes the fist on EVERY strike, even first or second strikes. Bottom line, they both said, was that Josh P screwed up by taking it for granted. As a ballplayer, you are taught to keep playing until you HEAR a call. Harold and Kruk put this "controversy" to rest in a matter of 30 seconds.

Oh, ok. I was mostly just amused that they showed our catcher doing what you're supposed to do.

saltwater farmer
10-12-2005, 11:50 PM
I just learned that Kruk and Reynolds were on before 11pm and said some things I didn't hear. My comment is based on their 11pm comments. No offense intended.

Sox win! Buehrle was huge. Crede was clutch. I'll drink to that!
:gulp:

Gavin
10-12-2005, 11:53 PM
I just learned that Kruk and Reynolds were on before 11pm and said some things I didn't hear. My comment is based on their 11pm comments. No offense intended.

Sox win! Buehrle was huge. Crede was clutch. I'll drink to that!
:gulp:

So basically, YOU WERE WRONG.:wink:

You're forgiven.

kevingrt
10-13-2005, 12:00 AM

It is weird for strikes to be called with a fist though. But I don't mind we won!

Ron Karkovice
10-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Did anyone else notice how Kruk was facing one camera and that when the footage was switched to a different camera/different angle, kruk was still facing the previous camera so the viewers saw the side of Kruk's face talking for a good 10 seconds. He then noticed, and tried to pull it off by slowly rolling to the right camera. Pointless post, but I thought it was funny ;)