PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Budweiser Hot Seat with Dye

kkappelk
10-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Did anyone else just see that debacle? The jack@ss from ESPN asks Dye all questions about the Cubs and their popularity compared to the Sox. Un-F'ing believable.

No, No ESPN...don't bother asking questions about the Sox and how they are doing in the playoffs, or why Dye bunted like and idiot yesterday. Let's just stick to the Cubs because they are relavant right now.

What an embarrasment.

South Side
10-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Did anyone else just see that debacle? The jack@ss from ESPN asks Dye all questions about the Cubs and their popularity compared to the Sox. Un-F'ing believable.

No, No ESPN...don't bother asking questions about the Sox and how they are doing in the playoffs, or why Dye bunted like and idiot yesterday. Let's just stick to the Cubs because they are relavant right now.

What an embarrasment.

What were his responses?

Over By There
10-12-2005, 07:29 PM
What were his responses?

I saw this segment too and thought the same thing - 2 of the first 3 or 4 questions related to the Cubs.

The one question where I can remember all of JD's response was, the host asked him, on a scale of 1 to 10, rank the popularity of all Chicago sports teams. JD's responses:

Bears: 7
Bulls: 7
Blackhawks: 5 (I think?)
Cubs: 10
Sox: 9

Overall, bad interview. Although not shocking given that we're talking about ESPN.

South Side
10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
I saw this segment too and thought the same thing - 2 of the first 3 or 4 questions related to the Cubs.

The one question where I can remember all of JD's response was, the host asked him, on a scale of 1 to 10, rank the popularity of all Chicago sports teams. JD's responses:

Bears: 7
Bulls: 7
Blackhawks: 5 (I think?)
Cubs: 10
Sox: 9

Overall, bad interview. Although not shocking given that we're talking about ESPN.

The Sox and Cubs are more popular than the Bears? I don't think JD knows his Chicago sports all that well yet.

Clembasbal
10-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Ummm....DJ! What about the Bandits? (Not teal needed)

chitownhawkfan
10-12-2005, 07:36 PM
ESPN...

<Insert Gary Coleman or Chunks picture here>

bigdommer
10-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I feel bad for JD. They probably told him they were going to ask him questions about the White Sox and the ALCS, then threw him under the bus.

If you watched that interview and were a casual sports fan and didn't know much about baseball, you would have no idea that:

-JD played RF for the White Sox
-JD hit over 30 HR's
-JD was a castoff who the Sox took a chance on
-the White Sox were in the ALCS

If you want to glorify the Cubs, bring on Prior, Cusack or Belushi. Don't make poor JD look uncomfortable for five minutes on his first and last appearance on Sportscenter.

chitownhawkfan
10-12-2005, 07:44 PM
What does this guy have to do, lead the league in HR's for a RF to get a decent interview?

DMarte708
10-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Was it Dan Patrick who interviewed Dye?

I was reading a blurb from the Tribune which claims White Sox fans verbally assaulted Patrick yesterday for his network's fixation on the East Coast.

Perhaps this ESPN's payback--bringing up the Cubs.

bigdommer
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Was it Dan Patrick who interviewed Dye?

I was reading a blurb from the Tribune which claims White Sox fans verbally assaulted Patrick yesterday for his network's fixation on the East Coast.

Perhaps this ESPN's payback--bringing up the Cubs.

Brian Kenny from ESPN News did the interview. I like Brian, but he came across as a Paul Sullivan clone in this interview.

Yeah, DP was bellyaching about the Sox fans giving him hell. Let's face it, our fans are passionate, and when they don't like something, someone's going to hear about it. We will never be liked or admired on a national scale, but if we win, at least we will be respected.

Chisox003
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Brian Kenny from ESPN News did the interview. I like Brian, but he came across as a Paul Sullivan clone in this interview.

Yeah, DP was bellyaching about the Sox fans giving him hell. Let's face it, our fans are passionate, and when they don't like something, someone's going to hear about it. We will never be liked or admired on a national scale, but if we win, at least we will be respected.
And if not .... WE DON'T CARE

:cheers:

bigdommer
10-12-2005, 08:00 PM
And if not .... WE DON'T CARE

:cheers:

If we were at a bar together, I would drink to that.

But alas, I at home in Baltimore. My wife has left so I can watch the game alone, in the basement, with plenty of throw pillows.