10-12-2005, 03:45 PM
From the Des Moines Register.

http://usera.imagecave.com/daveishere/ShoelessJoe.gif

TheArmyOfNeems
10-12-2005, 03:56 PM
nice. field of dreams is my favorite sports movie

Hitmen77
10-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Nice. So, I guess not everyone in Iowa is a Cubs fan, eh?

Iwritecode
10-14-2005, 04:08 PM
From the Des Moines Register.

http://usera.imagecave.com/daveishere/ShoelessJoe.gif

I saw this same pic on another site and somebody changed the note to say "you're welcome".

:)

MISoxfan
10-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Anybody else ever been there? They have a nice collection of Shoeless Joe stuff, and it's free to go and play on the field.

buehrle4cy05
10-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Field of Dreams is the only movie I've ever cried at. Best sports movie ever.

goodsy72
10-14-2005, 05:46 PM

No, not everyone. But it is a disease of epidemic proportions out here!!

DrummerGeorgefan
10-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Wait, does this mean that Eddie Cicotte is pitching tonight?

Wsoxmike59
10-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Anybody else ever been there? They have a nice collection of Shoeless Joe stuff, and it's free to go and play on the field.

I've been there, took my wife and daughter there back in 1997 or '98, can't remember which? Had an awesome time, but man is it tucked away in an out of the way place!

I bought a Field of Dreams bat, shirt, and pin. My wife got a nice picture of me on the mound pitching to my daughter. Nice memories!

chitownhawkfan
10-15-2005, 09:42 AM

No trust me they are, I went to school in Iowa City.

hawkjt
10-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Sorry, I am from Iowa and I dispute the notion that there are no Sox fans. I have a small group of hard core sox fan buds in Iowa City and Dubuque. That insurgency will grow, trust me.

Taliesinrk
10-15-2005, 01:44 PM

Yeah, I went there somewhere from '97-'99... Place was pretty sweet and got to throw with my dad and brother for a while. It's kinda wierd actually.. There are two farmers that own the land and so the field is split with like two museum type places (not nearly big enough to be a museum though). It's like they're neighbors but it seems quite competitive between the two, IIRC. Anyway, it's definately a neat place to go.. only problem is the fact that its in the middle of nowhere.. and that's not overexagerating it...

MISoxfan
10-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I went there somewhere from '97-'99... Place was pretty sweet and got to throw with my dad and brother for a while. It's kinda wierd actually.. There are two farmers that own the land and so the field is split with like two museum type places (not nearly big enough to be a museum though). It's like they're neighbors but it seems quite competitive between the two, IIRC. Anyway, it's definately a neat place to go.. only problem is the fact that its in the middle of nowhere.. and that's not overexagerating it...

Yeah, Right and Center is owned by a corporation and the rest of the field is owned by the people who live in the house. The one owned by the residence had a sign almost encouraging visitors to buy from their gift shop instead of the Right and Center gift shop. I would have done it had the shirts not been so much better at the other one. I still bought a pin from the smaller of the gift shops.

antitwins13
10-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Flubs, Twinks, or Royals.... Ralph!!!!!!!!!!