PDA

View Full Version : your opinion on Lou

mike squires
10-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Saw the McCarver thread. What about Sweet Lou. At first I didn'tlike him but I thinkhe adds some humor and a little insight to the game. I wonder if it was hard for him not to curse.:smile:

1951Campbell
10-12-2005, 02:50 PM
He steps on Buck and McCarver a lot, but hey, this isn't his day job, so I can forgive him.

I was hoping for a little bit more of fiery, honest Lou, to tell you the truth.

HotelWhiteSox
10-12-2005, 02:50 PM
When they did their intros/keys to the game, I thought it was going to be a trainwreck, but found him to be okay. It's cool to hear about the stuff Ozzie does and says when managing against others and you kind of got that perspective. The thing about him yelling at the umpire from the booth was funny too. Plus it kind of keeps McCarver in check and him talking takes up time where Joe Buck could be talking :smile: So, I liked this trio in the end, but they gotta quit the curse crap. Two things that ESPN got right, no refernces or comparisons to the Flubs, and there was no curse talk until Berman said some stupid stuff at the end of Game 3

Clembasbal
10-12-2005, 02:53 PM
He was okay, but his voice is annoying. High pitched and just not something I can listen to. I would have never pictured him with that voice, then again maybe that is why he is fiesty?

mike squires
10-12-2005, 03:00 PM
It's funny, I've got a uncle that sounds just like him...

MarySwiss
10-12-2005, 03:04 PM
He was okay, but his voice is annoying. High pitched and just not something I can listen to. I would have never pictured him with that voice, then again maybe that is why he is fiesty?

I was also surprised at his voice. For some reason, I thought it would be deeper. As far as how he did, I thought he was just okay.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2005, 03:07 PM
I heard him interviewed by Mike North this a.m., and Sweet Lou reminded me very much of the "Monday Night John" character on MJH who imitates John Madden.

TaylorStSox
10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm a big fan of Lou, but he was God awful last night.

Cat Thief
10-12-2005, 03:36 PM
I heard him interviewed by Mike North this a.m., and Sweet Lou reminded me very much of the "Monday Night John" character on MJH who imitates John Madden.

That is exactly what I was going to respond with. I heard him about 8a this morn.
Funny ****.

rm0824
10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I liked him. Plus, he looks like my dad.

Also, not bad for a guy straight from the dugout.

harwar
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Ol' uncle Lou said that he did vote for Ozzie as manager of the year and the guy knows baseball.
One of the broadcasters said that Lou was screaming down at the homeplate ump from the box that "now is my chance to get even with you" all in fun of course.I would like to have heard that.

rm0824
10-12-2005, 03:44 PM
He also said he could get a free pass into the stadium, because of what the Devil Rays did to the Indians. Pretty funny.

HotelWhiteSox
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Be happy about Lou, I heard the NLCS announcing crew gets Brenly :cower:

SoxFan64
10-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Be happy about Lou, I heard the NLCS announcing crew gets Brenly

I miss Boomer.

Clembasbal
10-12-2005, 04:59 PM
I miss Boomer.

:tealpolice:

Oh man, that stuff hurts my eyes! (BTW 1st time I have ever done this)

:tealtutor: