PDA

View Full Version : We don' nee' no stinkin' John Cusack!!!!

hsnterprize
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
I caught the tail end of this story on this morning's Fox News in the Morning Show. I don't know the exactness of the story, but the context of it is David Novarro and Tamron Hall say John Cusack called the Sox to get tickets, and the Sox flat out told him, "NO". According to Novarro, the Sox told him, "You've were all about the Cubs in '03, and NOW you want to see the Sox?" If this story is 100% accurate, then good for the south siders!!!!!

Tamron did raise a good point about this, though...the Sox are "all the rage" in Chicago baseball. All of the "A, B, C, D, and F-list people (that's my commentary)" now want to see the White Sox instead of those lovable loser fuzzballs up north. So from what I observe, U.S. Cellular Field is becoming more of the "trendy hot spot" rather than that increpid dump on the south side with all the drugs, crimes, and trailer-park trash jumping on the field and beating up umpires and coaches. Gee...I wonder where all these people were when the Cubune was basically telling them to stay away from our park because there wasn't a trendy and hip bar scene around the place?

Paxson93
10-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah there's a Clubhouse thread on this.

FWIW Tamron Hall has been pro-Sox from the get-go, even trying to boot her Cubbie-loving co-host off the bandwagon.... :cool:

antitwins13
10-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Gee...I wonder where all these people were when the Cubune was basically telling them to stay away from our park because there wasn't a trendy and hip bar scene around the place? [/QUOTE]

Come on, Jimbo's is hip and trendy.