PDA

View Full Version : Article: Any Fox Valley Sox Fans Making Any Noise?

Hitmen77
10-12-2005, 01:33 PM
fyi: From a local suburban paper out in the Fox Valley area. They are looking for stories from any area Sox fans.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/beaconnews/top/2_1_AU12_SOXFANS_S1.htm

Railsplitter
10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Does Streamwood count? We're in Elgin's school district.

Hitmen77
10-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Does Streamwood count? We're in Elgin's school district.

I would say that's close enough.

JB98
10-12-2005, 03:12 PM
I would say that's close enough.

Actually, no, that's too far north. I work for the Aurora Beacon News, the newspaper that wrote this article. The Elgin Courier is our sister paper up near Streamwood, and frankly, I have no idea what they are doing for Sox coverage. We have quite a few Sox fans who work at the Beacon, and we are trying to play the success of the team up as much as possible.

We are looking for Sox stories in the communities we cover: Aurora, North Aurora, Batavia, Geneva, Yorkville, Oswego, Montgomery, Sandwich, Plano, Elburn, Maple Park and Hinckley. If any of you live or work in these towns, and if you're doing something unique to show your Sox pride, call (630) 844-5845.

Soxzilla
10-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Maybe I'll give you all a shout.

TheDarkGundam
10-12-2005, 09:56 PM
No St. Charles? Are we not cool enough?

JB98
10-13-2005, 12:12 AM
No St. Charles? Are we not cool enough?

Sometimes we do stuff in St. Charles, but I don't think we sell too many editions up there. But hey, if you got something that would be worth us doing a story on, give my bosses a call. They'll probably bite.

On tomorrow front page, we have a story about an old lady who lives here in Aurora. She declined to give her age, but she attended Game 2 of the 1959 World Series. In the story, she offers a few reflections from that year. That's the kind of stuff we're looking for. Stories about everyday people, rooting on the Sox.

chaerulez
10-13-2005, 12:25 AM
Actually, no, that's too far north. I work for the Aurora Beacon News, the newspaper that wrote this article. The Elgin Courier is our sister paper up near Streamwood, and frankly, I have no idea what they are doing for Sox coverage. We have quite a few Sox fans who work at the Beacon, and we are trying to play the success of the team up as much as possible.

We are looking for Sox stories in the communities we cover: Aurora, North Aurora, Batavia, Geneva, Yorkville, Oswego, Montgomery, Sandwich, Plano, Elburn, Maple Park and Hinckley. If any of you live or work in these towns, and if you're doing something unique to show your Sox pride, call (630) 844-5845.

I always thought Fox Valley was just an area of Aurora and maybe a little bit of North Aurora. I had no idea it extended that far.

JB98
10-13-2005, 01:06 AM
I always thought Fox Valley was just an area of Aurora and maybe a little bit of North Aurora. I had no idea it extended that far.

Elgin is still considered the Fox Valley. The Fox River extends pretty far north.