PDA

View Full Version : Angels in the Outfield

ChiFabulous1
10-12-2005, 01:19 PM
According to the 1994 remake of Angels in the Outfield, we're in trouble. If memory serves me correctly in the movie they beat the white sox to win the pennant. Damn you Disney!!!!!:angry:

the_valenstache
10-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Well, we held off the Indians, which defies the ending to "Major League" (or was it "Major League 2"?).

Iwritecode
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Well, we held off the Indians, which defies the ending to "Major League" (or was it "Major League 2"?).

The Sox swept the Indians in part 1 to advance to the WS (although we don't learn this until part 2).

MarySwiss
10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
According to the 1994 remake of Angels in the Outfield, we're in trouble. If memory serves me correctly in the movie they beat the white sox to win the pennant. Damn you Disney!!!!!:angry:

Unless somebody spots Christopher Lloyd in the stands and they bring Tony Danza in to pitch, I wouldn't worry about it. :cool:

I want Mags back
10-12-2005, 03:16 PM
The Sox swept the Indians in part 1 to advance to the WS (although we don't learn this until part 2).

Really, I thought no1 ended with the Indians beating the Yankees. Then they beat us in No.2

koch44
10-12-2005, 03:20 PM

The people at Disney are morons, the Angels only won the division at the end of the movie. It was a battle for when the Sox were in the AL West. The Angels didn't win the pennant.

Iwritecode
10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Really, I thought no1 ended with the Indians beating the Yankees. Then they beat us in No.2

It did, but in part 2 Harry Doyle says that the Sox "swept the Indians right out of the playoffs last year."

The Indians won the AL East pennant in part 1. They never mention who won the West. (remember this was back when there were only 2 divisions) :wink:

Viva Medias B's
10-13-2005, 12:40 AM
It did, but in part 2 Harry Doyle says that the Sox "swept the Indians right out of the playoffs last year."

The Indians won the AL East pennant in part 1. They never mention who won the West. (remember this was back when there were only 2 divisions) :wink:

The Indians beat the Yankees in a divisional playoff.

TDog
10-13-2005, 01:46 AM
In a bad 1977 made-for-TV movie, "Murder at the World Series," the White Sox play the Astros.

The Astros won, though. In the Astrodome.

Iwritecode
10-13-2005, 01:52 AM

Oops, I said pennant didn't I? :redface:

Why do I remember Harry Doyle yelling "The Indians win the pennant! The Indians win the pennant! Oh my god the Indians win the pennant!" :?:

WinOrDyeTrying
10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
How come in baseball movies, the Sox are always the bad guys?

Oh yeah, because the eight from the 1919 team was the only team in MLB history to throw a game.

whitesoxwin
10-13-2005, 02:46 AM
In "The Rookie" remember what slugger came to bat: Royce Clayton!!!

(I think he was batting at one time .098 for us.....!)

Viva Medias B's
10-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Oops, I said pennant didn't I? :redface:

Why do I remember Harry Doyle yelling "The Indians win the pennant! The Indians win the pennant! Oh my god the Indians win the pennant!" :?:

IIRC...Doyle said "The Indians win it! The Indians win it! Oh my God the Indians win it!"

TommyJohn
10-13-2005, 08:42 AM
In a bad 1977 made-for-TV movie, "Murder at the World Series," the White Sox play the Astros.

The Astros won, though. In the Astrodome.

Actually, that was the Oakland A's.

In a bad 1979 remake of "The Kid From Left Field" with Gary Coleman, the
Padres play the White Sox in the World Series. They come back from being
down 3-0, but lose game 7 in the 9th on a home run by Gary Collins.

steveironcity
10-13-2005, 04:39 PM

Thats in Major League 2, not Angels in the outfield

SOXSINCE'70
10-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Unless somebody spots Christopher Lloyd in the stands and they bring Tony Danza in to pitch, I wouldn't worry about it. :cool:

Also,be on the lookout for Danny Glover.He's in that
god awful movie as well.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ajtokarz
10-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Also,be on the lookout for Danny Glover.He's in that
god awful movie as well.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Danny Glover has been spotted coaching a team 8 miles north of the cell. I think Mel Gibson is his 3rd base coach this season.

Also, it does explain why Escobar was unhittable last night......Christopher Lloyd in all of his Angellic Glory was forcing the ball to do the things it did!!!

Iwritecode
10-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Thats in Major League 2, not Angels in the outfield

Read the second and third posts in this thread...

Fenway
10-14-2005, 11:01 AM

Whatever prayers JR said in Temple Wednesday worked. ( I understand he wasn't at game because of Yom Kippur )

Iwritecode
10-15-2005, 02:24 PM

I just watched Major League 2 last night and Harry Doyle said "The Sox squeaked by the Indians in the first round and then got lucky again in the World Series." :o:

TDog
10-15-2005, 05:13 PM
If memory serves, the Angels lost the World Series to a Chicago team in a bad Jim Belushi movie (practically a redundancy, although he was a Sox fan in "Only the Lonely" with John Candy). What I think is interesting about this is that the Angels lost to the Cubs in Anaheim. The plastic baseball "fans" in Chicago have such obsessions, dismissing the idea that there is a better baseball team in town.

The movie (Taking Care of Business, 1990) starts out with Belushi in prison, where everyone is a big Cubs fans, necessitating an escape so he can go to Anaheim and dance around the leftfield foul pole when the Cubs win.

The message I took from the movie was that true Cubs fans have been convicted of crimes that require their incarceration.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I thought they tied the yankees at the end of the season and played a one game playoff