PDA

View Full Version : George Burns

gosox83
10-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know anything about George Burns, the long time die-hard Sox fan who was in a wheelchair and went to every single game?

I read a post talking about his passing and didn't know if it was true.

Thanks

Madvora
10-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Are you talking about Double Duty Radcliff?
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55946&highlight=double+duty

Brian26
10-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know anything about George Burns, the long time die-hard Sox fan who was in a wheelchair and went to every single game?

I read a post talking about his passing and didn't know if it was true.

Thanks

This is the African-American gentlemen, right?

Unfortunately, I believe he passed away a year or two ago. I remember seeing him in the BPB all the time.

doogiec
10-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I recall Ed Farmer noting his passing a year or two ago. I think he mentioned that he actually took public transportation to get to every game.

SaltyPretzel
10-12-2005, 11:53 AM
I think the Sox paid for the funeral expenses.

gosox83
10-12-2005, 01:10 PM
This is the African-American gentlemen, right?

Unfortunately, I believe he passed away a year or two ago. I remember seeing him in the BPB all the time.

Brian,

You are right on, he was always right behind home plate, with a big smile and a great attitude.

Lets win it for him SOX!!

Brian26
10-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Brian,

You are right on, he was always right behind home plate, with a big smile and a great attitude.

Lets win it for him SOX!!

Willsy always used to give him a shout-out on the air in the BPB on those Friday night post-game shows that he and Melty used to do in '96 and '97. Those were the days when they'd have a mic set up and would let people come up and ask questions on the air. George would always be first in line to ask a question.

soxwon
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
yes his ashes are scattered in the outfield-it's true.

South Side
10-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I recall Ed Farmer noting his passing a year or two ago. I think he mentioned that he actually took public transportation to get to every game.

Um, he died about 2 MONTHS ago.

SoxFan64
10-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Um, he died about 2 MONTHS ago.

I am confused are we talking about "Double Duty" who died about two months ago or are we talking about someone else? :?:

Brian26
10-12-2005, 07:30 PM
I am confused are we talking about "Double Duty" who died about two months ago or are we talking about someone else? :?:

"Double Duty" was Teddy Ratcliffe, and he passed away two months ago.

George Burns was a Sox fan that passed away about two years ago.