PDA

View Full Version : I had a World Series ring at game 1

D. TODD
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Last night I was upgraded to seats behind the plate (not scout seats), because of a ticket snafu by Razor Gator. In the 2nd inning three Angel fans sat directly in front of me. They joined 5 others in Angel garb in the row. After a couple innings I found out it was the parents of Steve Finley. He struck up a conversation with the guy next to me, and seemed like a really nice guy. As the game went on we discussed various plays, strategy, etc.. Then I noticed his "bling bling". He was sporting a championship ring of some sort. We asked what ring it was he took it of and let the guy next to me and myself check it out. It was the big one, the World Championship ring from Steve's days with the D'backs. I hated the outcome of the game, but I'm pretty sure that last night will be the only time I have a World Series ring on my finger, even if it was only for a few seconds. Here's hoping that Ozzie and the boys will get one with the Sox logo prominently displayed to wear, for alot longer then a few seconds.

Brian26
10-12-2005, 11:05 AM
We asked what ring it was he took it of and let the guy next to me and myself check it out.

I was hoping that Arte Moreno might take off his toupee/hair weave and his fake mustache and pass those around the crowd too.

SoxFan78
10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
I was hoping that Arte Moreno might take off his toupee/hair weave and his fake mustache and pass those around the crowd too.

OT: I swear Artie Moreno looks like the president of Wally World from National Lampoons Summer Vacation

ajtokarz
10-12-2005, 11:53 AM
http://www.einsiders.com/features/images/ebracken.jpg

Eddie Bracken (AKA Roy Wally From Wally World in National Lampoons Vacation)

http://www.littleleague.org/media/images/artemoreno_120px.jpg
Angles Owner Arte Moreno.....

Coincidence...I THINK NOT.

Palehose
10-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Were you in section 130? I saw a large row of Angels fans a few rows in front of me, I wonder if those were the same people.

SweetnesSox
10-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Coincidence...I THINK NOT.

oh... my... gosh...:o:

twsoxfan5
10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
OT: I swear Artie Moreno looks like the president of Wally World from National Lampoons Summer Vacation

What a crazy coincidence I sent a love child to MAC JURKO and HARRY this morning for Arte Moreno and I sent in Ross Gload and Eddie Braken aka Wally from Wally World. I will confess that I had to look up his name though.

D. TODD
10-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Were you in section 130? I saw a large row of Angels fans a few rows in front of me, I wonder if those were the same people. Yes, for section 130. I was in row 33 aisle seats, they were in row 32. I'm not positive if the rest were family, but I assume they were. It would be a hell of a coincidence since they were the only Angels fans I saw in the area.