PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward to Game Two

Deuce
10-12-2005, 07:42 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I love watching postseason games. The fact that the Sox are in them only makes it that much sweeter. Though it would have been great if the Sox won last night, its already behind me. I can't wait for tonight. Give 'em hell, Mark!

:burly

"You know it, Deuce."

TheArmyOfNeems
10-12-2005, 07:46 AM
well said. last night everyone around my house was freaking out and all of the sudden in a really bad mood. I was surprised. Just get em tomorrow and put this loss behind.

Law11
10-12-2005, 07:53 AM
This game tonight in my opinion is the biggest game of the season.
Win this one and we're fine. Lose it and we need to take 2/3 in Cali just to get it back here.

Cmon guys get back on track!

BeviBall!
10-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Think of our choices:

1) Watching the Sox play this late in October
2) Watching John Stossel on 20/20 do another story about misguided youth

I'll take one. Win, lose or draw!

bayzbol44
10-12-2005, 08:07 AM
I am looking forward to tonight's game also. However, I have to agree, this is probably the biggest game of the season due to the history on the West Coast.

DaveIsHere
10-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Big game for sure.

After sweeping Boston, obviously this is our first lost in the postseason....a weird feeling. Lets get them tonight and stick it to them in Cali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

downstairs
10-12-2005, 08:25 AM
I am looking forward to tonight's game also. However, I have to agree, this is probably the biggest game of the season due to the history on the West Coast.

Every game is the "biggest game".

Or, if you want to look at it statistically... the jump from being 1-1 to 2-1 is mathematically the "biggest game" in a seven game series.

:cool:

Cuck the Fubs
10-12-2005, 08:28 AM
This is a MUST win!

I like Mark's chances tonight against Mr. Washburn.....we should win this one and even it up. I have a feeling this is going to be a 7 game series.

Jurr
10-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Yesterday, I had a sick, "they're going to blow it tonight because everybody and their mother is picking them to win" feeling in my stomach. How prophetic that was.

Not one game during the Boston series did I feel that way. I was excited/nervous, but never feeling an impending loss.

Today, thank God, I don't feel that way. Hopefully Buehrle comes out and has a night. :bandance:

SoxFan78
10-12-2005, 08:38 AM
They got their loss out of the way. Hopefully, brought them down a notch and make them realize that they can't come out flat again.

I have great confidence going into this game. And can't wait to be there tonight!

DaveIsHere
10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Have I mentioned that I really hate playing the Angels, something always goes wrong when we play them; also i hate Anderson and his stupid "No-Expression" faces he makes......argh!!!!!

Madvora
10-12-2005, 08:56 AM
The Sox are the kings of the 8 game winning streak. Never a game more than that.

mandmandm
10-12-2005, 09:07 AM
The Sox are the kings of the 8 game winning streak. Never a game more than that.

While I doubt they have one more in them (8 game winning streaks) this year I do not feel that bad about last night's loss. It sucked, but I for one had no grand illusions that the Sox were going to sweep through the playoffs. In the past, being a Sox fan, I would be all doom and gloom but I have a good feeling about tonight and the rest of the series.

Madvora
10-12-2005, 09:22 AM
While I doubt they have one more in them (8 game winning streaks) this year I do not feel that bad about last night's loss. It sucked, but I for one had no grand illusions that the Sox were going to sweep through the playoffs. In the past, being a Sox fan, I would be all doom and gloom but I have a good feeling about tonight and the rest of the series.
This is all so new to us, nobody knows how to react.

Flight #24
10-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Yesterday, I had a sick, "they're going to blow it tonight because everybody and their mother is picking them to win" feeling in my stomach. How prophetic that was.

Not one game during the Boston series did I feel that way. I was excited/nervous, but never feeling an impending loss.

Today, thank God, I don't feel that way. Hopefully Buehrle comes out and has a night. :bandance:

Yeah, for whatever reason, being the favorite, especially the decisive favorite doesn't sit well....with me, or apparently with the team. From that perspective, this now lets them get back to being the scrappy underdogs.

credefan24
10-12-2005, 09:56 AM
This team has the knack for arising above the adversity. From Aug-September, until the end of the season, the team rose to the occasion. They are a better team than what we saw last night.

Also, it seemed to me that most people were not bummed out about the loss. I heard most fans says, "it's only 1 game," or "we'll get em tomorrow."
I think this is exactly the attitude to take. The Sox will be fine. Did anyone really think we would sweep the Angels?
We will come back tonight, stronger than ever.

Never give up. Never, ever, ever, ever give up.

Go SOX

rdwj
10-12-2005, 10:01 AM

Funny - I had the same exact feeling. Yesterday just didn't feel right.

But, I likes out chances tonight!!!

chisoxfanatic
10-12-2005, 10:03 AM
It's time to start a new 8-game winning streak now...I think Buehrle will have an outstanding outing, and our offense will break it out.

Our Sox will win tonight.

Rustyzipper
10-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Last nights game could be a blessing for us, we needed a kick in the butt.

Now that we got the rust out of our system, we are ready to roll.. We will win tonight, and take 2 in LA.

I see a big win tonight !

credefan24
10-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Right on Rusty!!!

Cutter
10-12-2005, 10:39 AM
My feeling before the series started is that it would be 2-2 after four games, making it a best-of-3 to the finish line. Nothing that happened last night makes me feel any different.

I'll side with SI's Verducci -- Sox in 7.

Fungo
10-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Shake the rust off and put that one behind us. The Sox know they played a poor game and will step up tonight. Back to the underdog roll where the Sox like it and the naysayers are starting to perk up again.

Have a day Mark & Go Sox !!

gosoxmarc
10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
So mad last night at our late inning futility, woke up ready to go this morning. I didn't think we'd win it in four anyway, just got one of the L's out of the way.

Extra pumped b/c I'm going to be there tonight. Same as I was for Buerhle and Game 2 of the ALDS! :tongue:

WSoxFanForever
10-12-2005, 11:18 AM
This is a MUST win!

I like Mark's chances tonight against Mr. Washburn.....we should win this one and even it up. I have a feeling this is going to be a 7 game series.

This is definitely must win. I don't like our chances if we go to the W coast down two. That having been said, our team has done what everyone said we couldn't do all year long so nothing would shock me.

GOOOOOOOOOO WHITE SOX!!!

cleanwsox
10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
The Sox have had pretty good success so far against Washburn this year, so I expect the offense to get us some early runs. It's up to Buehrle to find a way to shut the Halo's down. Going down 0-2 is not an option.

Sxy Mofo
10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm not a dark cloud, and I don't think that one loss means the series, but i've been very pissy since last night and it hasn't let up. I also have got this sick feeling in my stomach.

I need the game tonight to get here now. I need the retribution. And we will get it.

Jjav829
10-12-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I love watching postseason games. The fact that the Sox are in them only makes it that much sweeter. Though it would have been great if the Sox won last night, its already behind me. I can't wait for tonight. Give 'em hell, Mark!

:burly

"You know it, Deuce."

Ditto. I love watching postseason baseball even when the Sox aren't playing. The Sox actually being in the postseason makes it ten times better.

I think tonight's game will be just like last night. I expect a low scoring game and probably another one run game. The ultimate wild card is Washburn's health. It's only strep throat so it probably won't effect him much. However, if he's feeling a little more run down than usual, perhaps he won't have the same stuff that has gotten him to this point. That could be the difference between us losing and winning. With Buehrle and Washburn pitching, this game could be over by 9:15. :smile:

Goose
10-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I also have got this sick feeling in my stomach.

I do, too, but I think mine is due to too many :gulp:.

The Sox will come out tonight and play their game. Washburn is 0-1 against us this year and has a 6.11 ERA. MB has a strong outting, should be a W for the Sox.

ChiSoxPatF
10-12-2005, 12:48 PM
All I have to say is In Buehrle We Trust..... our season

Chicken Dinner
10-12-2005, 12:55 PM
All you can do is hope that Ozzie and the rest of the boys learned from their mistakes.