PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Crowd......

Mickster
10-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Seemed rather bland compared to the 2 ALDS games. I went in fully expecting the place to be electric only to find the exact opposite. Was I expecting too much? :dunno:

HebrewHammer
10-12-2005, 01:56 AM
To be fair to the crowd, there wasn't a whole lot to cheer for.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Seemed rather bland compared to the 2 ALDS games. I went in fully expecting the place to be electric only to find the exact opposite. Was I expecting too much? :dunno:

I thought the crowd was good tonight.

Game 1 everyone went crazy with such a great start. If you were at Game 2 you will remember people were pretty dead until our first (and Game Winning) rally.

Tonight people were getting up a lot when Contreras had 2 strikes and anytime we had people on and even sometimes when we didn't.

I heard people bash the crowd on the postgame show but I don't think it was accurate. Maybe I am mistaken. :dunno:

antitwins13
10-12-2005, 02:00 AM
On the radio I heard the Let's go White Sox clap,clap,clap,clap,clap really loud prior to the game.

peeonwrigley
10-12-2005, 02:02 AM
I thought the crowd was good tonight.

Game 1 everyone went crazy with such a great start. If you were at Game 2 you will remember people were pretty dead until our first (and Game Winning) rally.

Tonight people were getting up a lot when Contreras had 2 strikes and anytime we had people on and even sometimes when we didn't.

I heard people bash the crowd on the postgame show but I don't think it was accurate. Maybe I am mistaken. :dunno:

Crowd seemed all good to me. Game 1 had a party atmosphere w/ the offensive outburst combined with the weather and mid-afternoon start. It was all good all the time.

Game 2 had the rally and tight finish.

Tonight there were so many blown opportunities that the crowd never really got the chance to go nuts. We were a base hit away 3 or so times from the crowd getting going bigtime - just never happened. I think when the Sox played the field the crowd was great (and our defense left something to be desired, as well).

pudge
10-12-2005, 02:51 AM
I thought the crowd sounded good on TV, there just wasn't much to get excited about.

I wish they'd never play that stupid "CHARGE!" chant, because nobody every does it. We could have a used a little more, "Let's go Joe!" or "Paulie, Paulie."

gbergman
10-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Make some !@#%ing noise at the game. Even if were down early or in a trouble spot keep the noise up. Encourage those around you to make constant noise. As a college and former high school athlete it always helped to hear the crowd behind you and roaring. None of this quiet crap i was reading about on these forums and heard or better yet didnt hear while watching the game. The adrenaline gets flowing more and that extra mile or two behind the fast ball might be all the pitcher needs. It seemed pretty quiet through out the game except when Crede homered. Crowds can motivate you and deflate you at the same time depending on what side your on. So get going and make some noise cause this thing aint over till we say its over.

MAKE SOME NOISE!!! I want to see a repeat of ALDS games 1 and 2

hose
10-12-2005, 07:29 AM
The section I was sitting in was into the game pretty good.

bayzbol44
10-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Maybe if the crowd wasn't so disappointed in how stupid our team played last night, they would have gotten into it. I don't care if it is the ALCS or game 75 in the regular season, the crowd is not going to get into it when your team is doing some stupid things.

SSN721
10-12-2005, 07:39 AM
I am sorry, I tried hard to be loud, but after giving up chance after chance, I cant blame the crowd for being as pumped as last week. They never held the lead and the way they kept squandering baserunners, you could only really cheer for the pitching, which I think the crowd was really into. The place was buzzing much more int he top half of innings. And Contreres got a nice ovation when he departed the mound. Its hard to keep it at a near screaming level of cheering for all nine innings when offensively your team is playing so ineptly.

BeviBall!
10-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Make some !@#%ing noise at the game. Even if were down early or in a trouble spot keep the noise up. Encourage those around you to make constant noise. As a college and former high school athlete it always helped to hear the crowd behind you and roaring. None of this quiet crap i was reading about on these forums and heard or better yet didnt hear while watching the game. The adrenaline gets flowing more and that extra mile or two behind the fast ball might be all the pitcher needs. It seemed pretty quiet through out the game except when Crede homered. Crowds can motivate you and deflate you at the same time depending on what side your on. So get going and make some noise cause this thing aint over till we say its over.

You're pissing me off... we were standing most of the game. Don't blame the damn loss on the crowd... we were in it the whole game. Even busted out a Tad-a-hito chant late. You can thank Dye in the 6th for taking me out for a good 20 minutes. That sucked the wind out of everyone.

When the Sox go 1-2-3 while Byrd throws 7-9 pitches an inning, what are we supposed to do? Did you not hear the eruption on AJ's double? All we needed was one clutch hit and the park would have exploded.

Viva Medias B's
10-12-2005, 08:33 AM
I was at the two ALDS game but not last night's ALCS game. I would think the cooler temperatures would play a factor if, indeed, the crowd last night was as not as revved up. We had summer weather in the ALDS and fall weather in the ALCS.

JRIG
10-12-2005, 09:00 AM
I was at the two ALDS game but not last night's ALCS game. I would think the cooler temperatures would play a factor if, indeed, the crowd last night was as not as revved up. We had summer weather in the ALDS and fall weather in the ALCS.

The massive number of outs handed over to the Angels could have had an impact on the crowd. But I still thought things sounded pretty good.

I'll be there tonight. The only bunting I want to see is along the rafters of Comiskey Park.

TomBradley72
10-12-2005, 09:15 AM
The crowds will change each round....with progressively fewer diehards and more MLB/Opposing Team/Corporate Sponsor/Bandwagon types entering the mix. Whenever everyone was standing at the different points last night....you could see entire sections around home plate...where everyone just sat. It's not the WSox fans changing...it's the mix of fans changing.

Paxson93
10-12-2005, 09:42 AM
The crowds will change each round....with progressively fewer diehards and more MLB/Opposing Team/Corporate Sponsor/Bandwagon types entering the mix. Whenever everyone was standing at the different points last night....you could see entire sections around home plate...where everyone just sat. It's not the WSox fans changing...it's the mix of fans changing.

Totally agree with this. I was sitting in front of a whole row of people on a company outing who seemed never to have seen a baseball game before. Inane chatter through the entire game.... periodically someone would ask the inning. The only somewhat lengthy conversation these people had related to the Sox was a 4-5 minute debate about why the fans chanted "Paulie" when the man's name is just Paul. :?:

Completely different crowd last night.

But that said, I think overall the place was as loud as could be expected....

34 Inch Stick
10-12-2005, 09:57 AM
I could cheer until I was blue in the face and it would not have affected Podsednik getting his bunt down or Iguichi not throwing over Konerko's head. If those two plays are made the game is won.

Jerko
10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Totally agree with this. I was sitting in front of a whole row of people on a company outing who seemed never to have seen a baseball game before. Inane chatter through the entire game.... periodically someone would ask the inning. The only somewhat lengthy conversation these people had related to the Sox was a 4-5 minute debate about why the fans chanted "Paulie" when the man's name is just Paul. :?:

Completely different crowd last night.

But that said, I think overall the place was as loud as could be expected....

I agree also Paxson. There were TONS of people at their first game last night, which is fine, but they're just not as into it as the diehards. And you can spot them a mile away.

spiffie
10-12-2005, 10:28 AM
From Sec. 104 last night, here is how it went:

-crowd gets loud
-Sox **** the bed
-crowd gets quiet
-Sox **** the bed

After a point you know what's going to happen, so you don't yell as loud. You know they won't execute, or they won't get that clutch hit. Some games your team looks like they are going to lose or die trying, and last night was one of them. So unless you're looking for rousing cheers for fielding errors and caught stealing plays, you're not going to give us much to cheer for.

daveeym
10-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I was in the upper deck and the whole place was pretty into it. It did seem "quiet" though and I kept wondering if it was because I was in the upper deck left field corner and if it was much louder downstairs. I guess that wasn't the case though. I thought everyone was very into the game.

PatK
10-12-2005, 10:42 AM

When the television camera panned the audience, half the place seemed like it was people in Sox jerseys with the tags still on and hats that didn't have the bills formed.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM

That's funny, I seem to recall the Sox failing to execute numerous times when the crowd was making a lot of noise.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2005, 10:52 AM
And another comment on crowd noise. I was at both ALDS games and at a bar for Game 3, and my voice has been completely trashed for the entire past week from way too much yelling. Seeing as I may possibly be going to or watching 7 ALCS games, I decided not to tax my voice very much last night unless the Sox really started romping (or even tying the game). Others may be in the same voice-fatigue boat as me.