PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant Fans

antitwins13
10-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Did anybody else watching ALCS game 1 see the idiot hold up a HE GONE poster after Crede went deep on national TV? If you are going to make a HE GONE poster at least hold it up at the right time. You are making Sox fans look bad.

ChiSoxRowand
10-12-2005, 01:07 AM
I'd blame Fox for showing it. He could have just had it in his hand and held it up in the celebration of the home run.

PatK
10-12-2005, 01:57 PM
It's probably a bandwagoner.

pdimas
10-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I was kind of ticked when Anderson's homer got thrown back onto the field. Then today I read how it was thrown back by some Venezualan kid who didn't know better. Still at the time I was thinking great what a time for an ignorant Sox fan to pull a Wrigley Field tradition out. Right on national television.

The big goof
Venezuela native Stephen Benchluch caught an Angels' home run in the second, freaked out and pulled a Cubs fan move -- he tossed the ball back in play as fans do at that North Side ballpark.

"I wanted to keep it ... but everyone booing. My friend said you keep it if our home run, not if they hit it. He told me to throw it back," Benchluch said.

His pal, Carlos Rodriguez, who also is from Ozzie Guillen country, said he thought it was the right thing to do. Folks in nearby seats reminded him otherwise. "Way to go, you moron!" one guy screamed.

whitesoxwin
10-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Bingo!!
Hey, if the kid didn't know better, why is he at the game?
I tell you what....friggin' Flub B.S. is making me sick.
This is not the first time I saw a bunch of morons yell at some kid and tell him to "Throw it Back!!".
I, for one, felt Security should have tossed the kid and make it very clear this stuff doesn't go on at the home of the White Sox.
Sorry, this will send a message to the damn idiot "bandwagoners", who have no clue about tradition.

chitownhawkfan
10-12-2005, 02:39 PM
If you throw a ball on the field, you should be ejected along with arrested for assault. In addition anybody egging on the person to throw it back should be ejected also. This policy should be made clear to all fans, and the next person who does it should be made an example of.:angry:

What kind of douche throws back any ball, none the less a home run ball in the playoffs???

skottyj242
10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
I kind of felt sorry for the kid who threw it back, he had no idea.

pdimas
10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Whenever some dummy near me starts screaming to throw it back first I ask hime what kind of a Sox fan he is (cause usually its some drunk kid covered in Sox gear) then I tell them that that falls under the no throwing objects on the field of play rule and that technically they could be thrown out.

pdimas
10-12-2005, 02:47 PM
I kind of felt sorry for the kid who threw it back, he had no idea.

Him I could forgive. Most of the morons around him pointing and screaming should know better. From where I sit in the left field bleachers it seemed like the whole section was standing up and pointing to the field. I couldn't believe it!

mike squires
10-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Him I could forgive. Most of the morons around him pointing and screaming should know better. From where I sit in the left field bleachers it seemed like the whole section was standing up and pointing to the field. I couldn't believe it!

Yup, I've sat in those sections several times and you would be surprised how many people start yelling..."throw it back." I really don't believe it...

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Yep, a lot of idiot "Sox fans" in attendance last night. I was on the Fundamentals deck when Anderson homered, and a sea of idiots posing as Sox fans below me were screaming "Throw it back!"

I hate to say it, diehards, but I think this is a battle that's been won by the drillrods.

Jerko
10-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Yep, a lot of idiot "Sox fans" in attendance last night. I was on the Fundamentals deck when Anderson homered, and a sea of idiots posing as Sox fans below me were screaming "Throw it back!"

I hate to say it, diehards, but I think this is a battle that's been won by the drillrods.

I was pissed when that kid threw it back. Dye was kind of expecting it, but that ball ALMOST hit him. THAT'S what it's gonna take before these morons (encouragers AND throwers) are forced to stop. And don't get me started on the people who were looking for the stairs to the stadium club and were getting "lost" on an elevator that makes 2 stops.

PatK
10-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I really wish someone would have a sign saying "Only Cubs fans throw it back" or something.

tstrike2000
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM
I was kind of ticked when Anderson's homer got thrown back onto the field. Then today I read how it was thrown back by some Venezualan kid who didn't know better. Still at the time I was thinking great what a time for an ignorant Sox fan to pull a Wrigley Field tradition out. Right on national television.

That kid got a ticket and I didn't!!!!! :angry:

harwar
10-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Well since they now have commercials that encourage people to throw balls back i'm not surprised.A lot of people seem to do anything they are told by the television.
As for the sign.I was at the division series games and someone had a sign that had "he gone' on one side and "you can put it on the board' on the other.
If its the same person than they just were not paying attention.

TaylorStSox
10-12-2005, 04:38 PM
I really wish someone would have a sign saying "Only Cubs fans throw it back" or something.

Yes, we need Cubs signs in the ALCS. wow! :redface:

antitwins13
10-13-2005, 01:31 AM

A guy at game 2 had a sign that said Sox fans hold on to their balls

Gavin
10-13-2005, 01:33 AM
From where I was sitting in 548 for game 1 there was a pretty audible groan when he threw it back.

LuvSox
10-13-2005, 02:06 AM
It's probably a bandwagoner.

Like someone that showed up here in September 2005? :?:

Gavin
10-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Like someone that showed up here in September 2005? :?:

Because your official "Sox Fan" status is determined by your join date? :?:

Cheap shot brah.

Hitmen77
10-14-2005, 05:33 PM
That kid got a ticket and I didn't!!!!! :angry:

How could you not get a ticket? According to the Sporting News, there were 7000 empty seats at the Cell on Monday and according to Paul Sullivan, there were "dozens" of empty seats. I know those sources wouldn't say anything inaccurate or misleading.