PDA

View Full Version : Now HERE'S something interesting...

hsnterprize
10-11-2005, 07:05 PM
As of the 6PM newscasts, CBS 2, NBC 5 and ABC 7 are broadcasting their casts right outside the ballpark. ABC 7's shot is from a platform outside and above the right-centerfield concourse. You can see inside the park from their shot, and just to the right of where Ron Magers and Cheryl Burton are sitting, you can see the back of the scoreboard.

Both CBS 2 and NBC 5 are stationed in tents outside the home plate gate. They both are proving great ground and arial shots of the place as fans are starting to file inside.

A few years ago, Cubs fans said the news people would never do this because there wasn't anyplace for fans and such to hang out. I guess they were right. Not that a 99-win season and a sweep of the no-longer-defending world champs couldn't inspire a change of heart, eh?

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 07:35 PM
I saw this too. Pretty impressive. NBC 5 devoted the first 10 minutes of their broadcast to the Sox!

cubhater
10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm still shocked that the whole news crews are at the Cell. I figured they would have one reporter inside and outside of the ballpark. Even WGN is having a positive pre-game show!:o:

Maybe, just maybe, this is the end of the media bias.

VivaOzzie
10-11-2005, 07:49 PM

And these guys EARNED it. Well done boys. :worship: :sox

HotelWhiteSox
10-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Props to FOX, I had it on Comcast for pregame, but they are also doing Hawks coverage for a game they're doing tonight. I then remarked how it'd be nice if FOX would do a local pregame show, and as I turn to FOX to expect a Seinfeld rerun, I see a local pregame with McPherin and Blackjack!

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Props to FOX, I had it on Comcast for pregame, but they are also doing Hawks coverage for a game they're doing tonight. I then remarked how it'd be nice if FOX would do a local pregame show, and as I turn to FOX to expect a Seinfeld rerun, I see a local pregame with McPherin and Blackjack!

That was great. I went to watch Simpsons at 6:00 but Seinfeld was on instead. I didn't think much of it and was guessing they would do back-to-back episodes. Instead, I am treated to a great pre-game show with Blackjack!

It was great when Blackjack was showing the difference between a splitter and a fork ball. Almost as good as Scooter on Fox.:rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
10-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Almost as good as Scooter on Fox.:rolleyes:

While kids may find Scooter entertaining,:rolleyes: many adults
(count me among them) find him annoying and wish he'd
just go far,far away.

hsnterprize
10-11-2005, 11:30 PM

You mean...the Cubs would actually have to EARN their popularity and recognition instead of having it handed to them on a nationally-syndicated silver platter?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Perish the thought!!!!!

Hangar18
10-12-2005, 09:28 AM
You mean...the Cubs would actually have to EARN their popularity and recognition instead of having it handed to them on a nationally-syndicated silver platter?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Perish the thought!!!!!

Cubs got this for winning the wild-card championship ......anyone remember that? I'll take this .........but sad to see that we needed to get to the ALCS before the networks noticed what was going on ......