PDA

View Full Version : Wilbon in a Sox uniform on PTI

The Dude
10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Well heres another Cubs fan ,Wilbon, sporting a Sox jersey. Oh boy.

CHIsoxNation
10-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Well heres another Cubs fan ,Wilbon, sporting a Sox jersey. Oh boy.

Wow, I don't know how you can do that after all the love he has shown to the Cubs.

ozzman
10-11-2005, 05:35 PM
he's wearing the jersey because he lost a bet to kenny. ha that rules! go ksmooth

CHIsoxNation
10-11-2005, 05:43 PM
he's wearing the jersey because he lost a bet to kenny. ha that rules! go ksmooth

Sweet

SOXintheBURGH
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
For someone who constantly reminds his viewers that he is a Cub fan who grew up on the South Side of Chicago.. :angry: :angry:

The Dude
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM

The idiot Kornheiser keeps ripping on him for wearing it. Wilbon told tony that he probably couldnt name 3 players on the Sox. He said, "Buehrle, Garland.......uhhh...El Duque." Then wilbon said yeah only cause he was on the Yanks. The Tony says Pods and Konerko and doesnt even pronounce Pods' name right. Gotta love these guys!

whitesoxfan
10-11-2005, 05:48 PM
The idiot Kornheiser keeps ripping on him for wearing it. Wilbon told tony that he probably couldnt name 3 players on the Sox. He said, "Buehrle, Garland.......uhhh...El Duque." Then wilbon said yeah only cause he was on the Yanks. The Tony says Pods and Konerko and doesnt even pronounce Pods' name right. Gotta love these guys!

and ESPN isn't biased in their coverage of baseball :rolleyes:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Wilbon is a tool

RKMeibalane
10-11-2005, 06:14 PM
ESPN should be put out of business.

TheDarkGundam
10-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Wilbon may be a Cub fan, but he has never been a Sox-hater. Constant viewers will remember that he has said his first baseball game he ever saw was a sox game at old comiskey with his dad, so the sox will "always have a place in his heart"

The way I see it, he's just jumping on our bandwagon (even if it is a little late). And i'm okay with it. I think we've gotten far enought that i'll allow pretty much anyone on our bandwagon (except a few people who will go nameless, and people who got ALCS tickets and aren't even sox fans :angry:

Nellie_Fox
10-12-2005, 01:19 AM
I don't know how old Wilbon is, but I've always suspected that he's one of that generation that we lost to the Cubs because he was able to watch Cubs games every day on WGN, while the Sox were on UHF which most people couldn't watch because they either didn't have a TV with a UHF tuner or even if they did, they had a VHF antenna on the roof and got a crappy, snowy picture on UHF.

Flight #24
10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
ESPN should be put out of business.

ESPN should be put out of our misery.

CallMeNuts
10-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Here's a link to what Tony has to say about it in the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/11/AR2005101101678.html

Even when I don't like either of the people unloved, it's sometimes amusing to watch them fight.

hsnterprize
10-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Everybody here knows you're a Cubs fan. Everybody here knows what a phony you'd be to glom onto the White Sox now -- simply just because, conveniently, they're winning -- after dismissing them for years. I, too, come from a city where there are two baseball teams, the Yankees and Mets. I was a Mets fan. I rooted for the Mets. I didn't root for the Yankees just because they got into the playoffs. I spit on the Yankees. It's a little thing most of us like to call integrity. I've got a number you can call if you want some.

For years you've tortured everyone in Washington with tales of rapture for Ernie Banks, Ferguson Jenkins and Ron Santo. We've indulged you because the Cubs stank so bad for so long that your personal woe seemed charmingly pathetic. You can't neatly transfer that account to the White Sox just because they're in Chicago and they've stunk for almost as long as the Cubs. One team per customer, pal. You've got the Cubs. You and your boy, Bartman.

I admit I don't watch PTI too often, but I have to give Kornheiser some love for that piece. This is one of the MAIN reasons why I don't believe you can root for both teams in this town...it's WAY TOO EASY to jump on a bandwagon when one team is doing well and the other is stinking up the joint. If Tony has the guts to say he's a Mets fan, and he "spits on the Yankees" when they're in the playoffs, then kudos to him. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: The Mets aren't too good, but at least Kornheiser has enough guts to stick with them win or lose. That's was a REAL fan does.

Nellie_Fox
10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
If Tony has the guts to say he's a Mets fan, and he "spits on the Yankees" when they're in the playoffs, then kudos to him. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: The Mets aren't too good, but at least Kornheiser has enough guts to stick with them win or lose. That's was a REAL fan does. Except for one small problem. I watch PTI pretty regularly. While I was fully aware of Wilbon's position re: Cubs/Sox, this is the first time I ever got a hint that Kornheiser "spits on" the Yankees. He waxes rhapsodic about "Yanks/Sawx" as much as any east-coaster I've ever seen. In fact, I had always assumed he was a Yankees fan.

SoxFan64
10-12-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't know how old Wilbon is, but I've always suspected that he's one of that generation that we lost to the Cubs because he was able to watch Cubs games every day on WGN, while the Sox were on UHF which most people couldn't watch because they either didn't have a TV with a UHF tuner or even if they did, they had a VHF antenna on the roof and got a crappy, snowy picture on UHF.

Wilbon is late 40's. I think he said he became a Cubs fan in or around 1969 because Ernie Banks lived in his neighborhood. So he became a Cubs fan during their heyday of 1968-1970.

Clembasbal
10-12-2005, 06:26 PM
On PTI today Wilbon was ripping JR for not giving a ticket to John Cusack. Tony K thought it was awesome of JR, Wilbon was going nuts. Saying Cusack was a "Chicago sports fan first." The best part about the whole minute segment was that every clip they had of Cusack was one with him wearing a Flubs jersery (like Woo-woo)! The best!

Nellie_Fox
10-13-2005, 01:07 AM
On PTI today Wilbon was ripping JR for not giving a ticket to John Cusack. Tony K thought it was awesome of JR, Wilbon was going nuts. Saying Cusack was a "Chicago sports fan first." The best part about the whole minute segment was that every clip they had of Cusack was one with him wearing a Flubs jersery (like Woo-woo)! The best!JR wouldn't give me a ticket either. Why in hell is it assumed that celebrities are entitled to tickets to whatever they want to go to? I'll never forget seeing (on TV of course; I couldn't get tickets) Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell at the final day of Old Comiskey. Big Sox fans, both of them.

StrTrkker
10-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Another thing that cubbie lover sox bandwagon jumper Wilbon said was that JR should give him the tickets because the Sox needs as many fans as they can get into the park because theyre averaging 10,000 less fans per game then the Cubs.

Idiot.