PDA

View Full Version : Has Da Mare made his traditional bet with the Mayor of LA...

Rikirk
10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
What has he offered?

Betcha it's deep dish pizza...(of course:rolleyes: )

Chicago Hot Dogs,Polish, Beef Sammiches. BBQ Ribs from Carsons...Maybe a Steak or a whole slab of cow for that matter.

And what has California offered?

Ohh I just remembered..the cali Governor is Arnuld!

So what has "The Terminator" said about all this?

*Arnie: "I dont like the looks of those two"
*Robot 1--Konerko
*Robot 2--AJ Piersynski

:tongue:

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 05:15 PM
They sure have. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-051011mayorwager,1,7972736.story?coll=chi-news-hed)

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
They sure have. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-051011mayorwager,1,7972736.story?coll=chi-news-hed)

Hilarious stuff.

If the Sox win the series, Pringle will send Daley Anaheim chili peppers, Sunkist oranges, Diedrich's coffee, Knott's Berry Farm chicken, Disneyland souvenirs, a surfboard and an autographed script from "The O.C." TV show.

Dan Mega
10-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Daley, who attended last Friday's clinching playoff game in Boston against the Red Sox, chuckled that he should have brought a broom to celebrate the sweep.

"'Mayor hangs over balcony with a broom,'" he said, and laughed at the thought of the newspaper headline that never was. "That would have been great. I thought of that when I left, darn it."

Hilarious, someone with connections should get Daley himself on this site!

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Hilarious stuff.

I thought the same thing. Somehow I think Mayor Daley is getting the short end of the stick. He got better stuff from Boston...

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
I thought the same thing. Somehow I think Mayor Daley is getting the short end of the stick. He got better stuff from Boston...

What, you mean Daley doesn't want a surfboard?

He has yet to get that stuff from Boston, by the way. Pay up, chumps!:tongue:

SoxFan78
10-11-2005, 05:32 PM
I would much rather have the Chicago stuff then the Anaheim stuff thats for sure!

soxwon
10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
#1 show in chicago

THE O.H. not the O.C.
(Orlando Hernandez)

Argalarga
10-11-2005, 05:52 PM
What will Chicago get from LA?

If I may quote Woody Allen: "the alfalfa sprouts and a plate of mashed yeast."

SOXintheBURGH
10-11-2005, 05:57 PM
What will Chicago get from LA?

If I may quote Woody Allen: "the alfalfa sprouts and a plate of mashed yeast."

:roflmao:

maurice
10-11-2005, 06:23 PM
If I may quote Daley (http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051011&content_id=1246464&vkey=pr_ana&fext=.jsp&c_id=ana): "We have offered a feast of Chicago's favorite foods, and the best thing is we won't have to send it to Anaheim, because the White Sox are going to win."
:gulp:

Rikirk
10-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Chilli Peppers, Oranges, Coffee and Boysenbery Jam...
Thats the best food they have in California?
I thought at least there would be some exotic seafood on that list.

Jeez..

Oh well, I like the Mares closing line..

"We have offered a feast of Chicago's favorite foods, and the best thing is we won't have to send it to Anaheim, because the White Sox are going to win."

No offense to any California fans reading this, Heres to a great series.

*Tips cap in salute to our gallant opponents...*

GO WHITE SOX!