PDA

View Full Version : The Vests. Cmon SOX, Keep wearing them for the ALCS

Hangar18
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
On my way to the game ........... I really really really hope theyre wearing the Lucky Vests .......

DumpJerry
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
It is Contreras' call. That's Ozzie's policy-starting pitcher decides on the uni for the game.

Realist
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
On my way to the game ........... I really really really hope theyre wearing the Lucky Vests .......

I'll be wearing mine! :bandance:

Erik The Red
10-11-2005, 03:15 PM
http://www.adweek.com/aw/images/best_spots/best_spots_03/0512_bs08.gif

"It's gotta be the vests!"

Remember earlier in the season when it was all about the black alternates?

JorgeFabregas
10-11-2005, 03:26 PM
My wife really hates vest-based baseball uniforms. That said, it's hard to argue with success.

sox1970
10-11-2005, 03:28 PM

I have a hunch the vests will be out tonight.

LongLiveFisk
10-11-2005, 03:32 PM
It is Contreras' call. That's Ozzie's policy-starting pitcher decides on the uni for the game.

Well, Contreras picked the vest the first time...so he'll probably do it again! :D:

Nellie_Fox
10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
I don't believe in curses, jinxes, or lucky uniform items.

HOWEVER...

I don't see where there can be any harm in continuing to wear the vests. :wink:

The Racehorse
10-11-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm not a big fan of the vests, but at this point I don't care.
As far as I'm concerned, they all can wear their jocks on the outside of their pants if they think it'll bring them luck. :smile:

Over By There
10-11-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm not a fan of the vests, but I figured it was a foregone conclusion that they'd be wearing them tonight. The boys seem to be very superstitious this season - they wear the same jersey as long as they're stringing together wins.

downstairs
10-11-2005, 04:22 PM
They can wear three-piece suits as far as I care... just win!

skobabe8
10-12-2005, 10:39 AM

Ok....game 2....now what??

Flight #24
10-12-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm not a big fan of the vests, but at this point I don't care.
As far as I'm concerned, they all can wear their jocks on the outside of their pants if they think it'll bring them luck. :smile:

http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/1041673.jpg

"Now we're talking! Word up!"

koch44
10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok....game 2....now what??

It wasn't the vests, it was that gold sleeved jacket that Ozzie was wearing since gold is NOT Sox colors.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
It wasn't the vests, it was that gold sleeved jacket that Ozzie was wearing since gold is NOT Sox colors.

Actually the sleeves were a medium tan, not gold. However I agree a team named the WHITE Sox should not be wearing anything tan, especially the tan accents on the wool collar and cuffs. What the hell was that about?
:o:

It's a bad luck jacket Ozzie was wearing, since it was his managerial decisions that played a key role in the loss. Ditch the jacket, keep the vests.

:cool:

lumpyspun
10-12-2005, 11:36 AM
A few of the angels coaches had those on too...I'm not sure if they were mandated to wear them by MLB or what...they looked like my god awful high school lettermen jacket.

Speakin of uni's...did anybody notice that Pods had his stirrups showing last night...I thought he got away from that!

nlentz88
10-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it seemed like those leather-sleeved jackets were something MLB wanted the managers and coaches to wear. But I don't think Scioscia was wearing one, was he? Regardless, I hope Ozzie doesn't wear it again tonight.

I've never been a fan of the vests. Did anyone else notice how the threading around the "sleeve" area of the vests has been unravelling lately? First Jenks, then Contreras. I say ditch the vests. But it's up to Mark tonight.

Brian26
10-12-2005, 11:54 AM
The letterman jackets were dumb looking for a number of reasons. As PHG pointed out, the colors don't match the Sox color scheme. But, something else I noticed was that the Sox logo on the chest was much smaller than the other jackets and jerseys. The whole thing looked very thrown-together-at-the-last-minute.

Railsplitter
10-12-2005, 01:26 PM
A few of the angels coaches had those on too...I'm not sure if they were mandated to wear them by MLB or what...they looked like my god awful high school lettermen jacket.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Nellie_Fox
10-12-2005, 02:41 PM
The letterman jackets were dumb looking for a number of reasons. As PHG pointed out, the colors don't match the Sox color scheme. But, something else I noticed was that the Sox logo on the chest was much smaller than the other jackets and jerseys. The whole thing looked very thrown-together-at-the-last-minute.I own an earlier version of that jacket. While the sleeves on mine are tan (I've never understood why they didn't make them gray) the accents on the collar and cuffs are white and gray, and the Sox logo on the left front is normal size. I really enjoy sporting it on cold Minnesota days.

ChicagoHoosier
10-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Maybe I'll break out my old letterman jacket and wear it tonight.

No, it's red. Oh well, guess I'll stick with my Sox jersey then.

tdh11
10-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Those jackets look like my older brothers fifteen year old letterman jacket. It originally had white sleves but looked like faded yellow, when I wore it in grade school.

as for uni choice tonight, Back in Black baby!