PDA

View Full Version : Cool White Sox Article On Fox Sports

iftypofixit
10-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Finally an article for the White Sox fan...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4980088

tstrike2000
10-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Thought this article is cool and way over do.

Fake Chet Lemon
10-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I want everybody to stay the hell off our bandwagon. I've been dieing hard with this team since 1977, where have they been? Everyone looking to jump on now can go scratch in my world. I just don't like front-runners.

credefan24
10-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Fake,

Exactly! Where was this "bag of femanine hygenie products" in June, July? Media types like this just don't want to be proven wrong, so they hop on the hottest team. We Sox fans don't need this garbage. Plus, we know who the real fans are. God, I hate this crap!

LETS GO SOX!!!

Stroker Ace
10-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I want everybody to stay the hell off our bandwagon.Same here. I never jumped on yours, so stay off of mine!

MsSoxVixen22
Thought this article is cool and way over do.

Thanks for posting that! Truly great article and its about freaking time someone in the media gives the Sox some much deserved props!

fuzzy_patters
I want everybody to stay the hell off our bandwagon. I've been dieing hard with this team since 1977, where have they been? Everyone looking to jump on now can go scratch in my world. I just don't like front-runners.

I, for one, was not born until 1978. Can I still have a seat on the bandwagon?

MsSoxVixen22
10-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Same here. I never jumped on yours, so stay off of mine!

I agree....thats what I tell people too, stay the hell off! These "fence sitters" aren't true baseball fans thus aren't true White Sox fans

Goose
10-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I stopped at the "last trown one since they last won one" line...*****. Very Moronoti-esque. If I hear that line one more time...

Norberto7
10-11-2005, 01:30 PM
To be fair, shall we differentiate between "bandwagon jumpers" and "people rooting for the Sox?" Would we rather people didn't watch the games, and not care because their team isn't in it? What is the problem with people saying they want the White Sox to win? I wanted the Astros to win the NLCS last year. I was an Astro fan for a week. I wanted the Cardinals to win the World Series. I was a Cardinal fan for a week. Bandwagon jumping? Not at all. Rooting for a team other than your own? So what? What is the alternative? Watching objectively? How much fun is that?

If people who's teams are out of it want to cheer for the Sox, I say let 'em.

Madvora
10-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm not really looking for people to be on or off our bandwagon.
I'm just looking for there to bit a little truth and knowledge about other teams in baseball.

If you root for the Sox, great, that's fine. I was rooting for the Angels in 2002 and the Marlins in 2003. Just get some of your damn information correct during the regular season and realize a good team when you see one (or when you chose to ignore one)
I mean, come on... you're getting paid for this.

ArkanSox
10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
The White Sox can use all the mojo, good vibes, well wishes, voodoo, prayers, and fan support available.
GO SOX!!!

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I stopped at the "last trown one since they last won one" line...*****. Very Moronoti-esque. If I hear that line one more time...

Yea, he took more than a few cheap shots at the Cell saying it's the "second-best ballpark" in the city. :whatever:

Other than that it's an ok article.

Aaron on understanding Ozzy:
"You can understand most of what he says," centerfielder Aaron Rowand recently told the Chicago Tribune. "Sometimes you don't. Sometimes he'll come up and say something and walk away, and you'll turn to the guy next to you and go, "What'd he just say? I didn't get that one.' "

In the old days, we would have said they "find a way to win" and left it at that. But in 2005, you can't buy a Ballpark Frank without some stats-obsessed seamhead telling you that players who like mustard are four times as likely to see their OPS drop to substandard levels if they don't ramp up the EKG in the ICU. And so everyone said the White Sox would obviously fall apart forget their record; the geek's stats say they aren't any good.

:cool:

chidonez
10-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Still, I'm getting kind of tired of the knocks against USCF, which has improved a great deal over the past few seasons. It's comfortable, and the food is great.

tstrike2000
10-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Well, for the most part the article is positive, which is the only reason I posted it. The part about the Urinal being cooler and fans being hipper, we just ignore because it's a huge steaming pile of crap. Otherwise, at least it gives more positives about the Sox than negatives.

ChiSoxGirl
10-11-2005, 02:07 PM
That article was a nice read... except of course for the garbage about the wonderful fans and glorious ballpark 8.1 miles north!

ChiSoxPatF
10-11-2005, 02:09 PM
To be fair, shall we differentiate between "bandwagon jumpers" and "people rooting for the Sox?" Would we rather people didn't watch the games, and not care because their team isn't in it? What is the problem with people saying they want the White Sox to win? I wanted the Astros to win the NLCS last year. I was an Astro fan for a week. I wanted the Cardinals to win the World Series. I was a Cardinal fan for a week. Bandwagon jumping? Not at all. Rooting for a team other than your own? So what? What is the alternative? Watching objectively? How much fun is that?

Thank God someone finally said it!!!!!! I have plenty of friends that are from other cities who are rooting alongside me for the Sox. I say let em. They can enjoy it and its nice to have alot of people on our side. No one is going to enjoy it more than us true Sox fans and other people rooting for us isn't going to make it less enjoyable for any Sox fans.

Otherwise we are no better than Moronatti says we are. Enjoy it and enjoy having some fans of teams outta it rooting for it. Bandwagoners are those Cub fans for the last 10 years running out to buy Konerko jerseys, not displaced baseball fans with no one else to root for saying they'd like to see our fans being able to die in peace. We need to all be a little less sensitive about this.

Go Sox!

EastCoastSoxFan
10-11-2005, 02:10 PM

I agree. The pastor of my church, for example, is a huge Yankees fan; but he's also a knowledgeable baseball fan who appreciates the kind of baseball the Sox have been playing this year. If he wants to come over to my house and watch the games and cheer for the Sox, I've got no problem with that...

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, for the most part the article is positive, which is the only reason I posted it. The part about the Urinal being cooler and fans being hipper, we just ignore because it's a huge steaming pile of crap. Otherwise, at least it gives more positives about the Sox than negatives.

It's funny because the national media writes crap like that and then in the same breath can't figure out why the Sox are so disrespected...

:kukoo:

DaleJRFan
10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Yea, he took more than a few cheap shots at the Cell saying it's the "second-best ballpark" in the city. :whatever:

I don't think he was taking cheap shots. I think he was simply regurgitating the perceptions of those outside of Chicago, that Sox Park is a concrete box...

Good article. But I agree with some of the others here, stay the hell off of my wagon. I would never root for the Tigers, Pirates, Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees... any of them. If I can't root for my White Sox, then I watch as a casual observer.