PDA

View Full Version : Black necklaces on the pitchers?

chisoxfan83
10-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know why alot of the pitchers in the league wear this black necklace. Freddy wears one all the time, Tom Gordon had one on, Ervin santana had one on last night? Is this like mlb's way of telling the pitcher we are back from commerical go and pitch? It just seems weird.

voodoochile
10-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Well they ump signals that it is okay to start pitching, not the TV booth, so it is probably just a fashion statement. I know that silve chains are not allowed to be visible because it distracts the batters, so maybe pitchers are going to more muted colors to avoid having to remove them, but that is just a guess.

Unregistered
10-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know why alot of the pitchers in the league wear this black necklace. Freddy wears one all the time, Tom Gordon had one on, Ervin santana had one on last night? Is this like mlb's way of telling the pitcher we are back from commerical go and pitch? It just seems weird.There was a thread on this around the end of the season. The company that makes them is Phiten - they're titanium necklaces that supposedly relieve stiffness in the shoulders and neck and prevent fatigue. They make bracelets as well.

www.phitenusa.com (http://www.phitenusa.com)

After that, they should put me on the payroll. :redneck

voodoochile
10-11-2005, 11:57 AM
There was a thread on this around the end of the season. The company that makes them is Phiten - they're titanium necklaces that supposedly relieve stiffness in the shoulders and neck and prevent fatigue. They make bracelets as well.

www.phitenusa.com (http://www.phitenusa.com)

After that, they should put me on the payroll. :redneck

They do WHAT?!??!??

Sweet merciful crap. What a joke...:rolleyes:

Unregistered
10-11-2005, 12:02 PM
They do WHAT?!??!??

Sweet merciful crap. What a joke...:rolleyes:Don't shoot the messanger, VC. :D:

I wonder what Herm thinks about all of it... :dunno:

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Don't shoot the messanger, VC. :D:

I wonder what Herm thinks about all of it... :dunno:

IIRC, Herm wears some sort of braclet as well.

I had to laugh the first time my wife saw him and said "If he's the trainer, why is he so big?"

:D:

buehrle4cy05
10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
They do WHAT?!??!??

I think Steve Finley used to wear a bag with some "magic" powder or healing stuff in it last year. I guess he needs it this year.
:rolleyes:

doublem23
10-11-2005, 12:17 PM
They do WHAT?!??!??

Nothing wrong with a little placebo effect. :cool:

voodoochile
10-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Nothing wrong with a little placebo effect. :cool:

No, but if they start convincing the average joe shmoe to purchase titanium necklaces on the theory that they help relieve back/shoulder/neck pain and stiffness, I have a problem with it.

Titanium ain't cheap...:(:

1951Campbell
10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I think Steve Finley used to wear a bag with some "magic" powder or healing stuff in it last year. I guess he needs it this year.
:rolleyes:

"Magic" powder?

<insert Steve Howe joke here>

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
No, but if they start convincing the average joe shmoe to purchase titanium necklaces on the theory that they help relieve back/shoulder/neck pain and stiffness, I have a problem with it.

Titanium ain't cheap...:(:

"They" (I've actually spent hours debating with friends who "they" really are) also advertise that you can become a millionaire by buying and selling real estate without spending any your own money.

Just send 60 easy payments of $1,999 each and they'll ship the package out right away... :tongue:

daveeym
10-11-2005, 01:30 PM
They do WHAT?!??!??

Sweet merciful crap. What a joke...:rolleyes:Come on voodoo, why don't you and chisoxfan83 use the search function already. Only been about 3 threads on this. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58496&highlight=phiten

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47700&highlight=necklaces