PDA

View Full Version : TV for Game 2 (make sure your cable gets FX )

Fenway
10-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Fox has not released what stations will carry the White Sox tomorrow night.

In many parts of the country the White Sox game will be on FX

** Split-national telecast of Game 1 of the NLCS and Game 2 of the ALCS. Certain areas receive NLCS Game 1 on their local FOX broadcast affiliate, while a simultaneous live feed of ALCS Game 2 is available on FX, and vice versa. FX is available in over 86 million U.S. households.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4925610

Viva Medias B's
10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Boy, I better make sure WFLD-TV isn't carrying the Astros-Cardinals.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Boy, I better make sure WFLD-TV isn't carrying the Astros-Cardinals.

You better - Fox carried the Cardinals over the White Sox for the infamous "No TV" Game in mid September. People in the middle of Illinois better worry as well.

hsnterprize
10-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Fox has not released what stations will carry the White Sox tomorrow night.

In many parts of the country the White Sox game will be on FX

** Split-national telecast of Game 1 of the NLCS and Game 2 of the ALCS. Certain areas receive NLCS Game 1 on their local FOX broadcast affiliate, while a simultaneous live feed of ALCS Game 2 is available on FX, and vice versa. FX is available in over 86 million U.S. households.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4925610

I'm assuming some local channel, like WGN-TV Channel 9 here in Chicago will carry the game if game 2 is carried on FX. They televised the ALDS to accomodate the local TV audience that didn't have ESPN.

Huisj
10-11-2005, 01:20 PM
I get worried here in Champaign when I hear things like this since the other game will be the Cardinals. The Fox station here has shown them over the Sox a number of times for saturday games, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if it happened again.

Does anyone know if WGN gets to show the Fox broadcast like they could for the ESPN ones, or was that just an ESPN deal?

Unregistered
10-11-2005, 01:38 PM
You better - Fox carried the Cardinals over the White Sox for the infamous "No TV" Game in mid September...Well, you left out one minor detail in that statement. The Cards were playing the CUBS. We all know how important that game was... :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 01:52 PM
You better - Fox carried the Cardinals over the White Sox for the infamous "No TV" Game in mid September. People in the middle of Illinois better worry as well.

That Twins-Sox game wasn't broadcast anywhere, even in Minnesota. It wasn't like it was a conscious choice. Broadcast rules prevented it because of the Gopher game in the Metrodome later that evening. Sorry, no conspiracy here. That being said, central Illinois should still be worried about what game they get.

kcsportscaster
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Hold it, hold it!!!! The Chicago Fox O&O station, WFLD Fox 32, WILL air game two Wednesday night for certain while game one of Cardinals/Astros will air on FX. I would assume the same will be said for the Rockford, South Bend, and maybe the Indianapolis markets. I would assume markets from Champaign/Urbana south will air the Cardinals/Astros on the local station and the Sox/Angels on FX.

As far as my local market, Mobile, AL/Pensacola, FL, is concerned, we will likely get Cardinals/Astros Wednesday night on the local Fox affiliate, WALA Fox 10, while Sox/Angels will air on FX, WHICH IS ON MOST EVERY CABLE SYSTEM IN THE MARKET, INCLUDING CHEAP-ASS MEDIOCRECOMMUNIST, ERR, MEDIACOM. I'm amazed they actually DO carry FX, channel 60, BTW.

hsnterprize
10-12-2005, 12:09 AM
As far as my local market, Mobile, AL/Pensacola, FL, is concerned, we will likely get Cardinals/Astros Wednesday night on the local Fox affiliate, WALA Fox 10, while Sox/Angels will air on FX, WHICH IS ON MOST EVERY CABLE SYSTEM IN THE MARKET, INCLUDING CHEAP-ASS MEDIOCRECOMMUNIST, ERR, MEDIACOM. I'm amazed they actually DO carry FX, channel 60, BTW.

Don't be afraid to tell us how you really feel, K.C.. You'll feel better once you get it off your chest.

BTW...POST #1300!!!!! :D: :D: :D: :D:

kcsportscaster
10-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Don't be afraid to tell us how you really feel, K.C.. You'll feel better once you get it off your chest.

BTW...POST #1300!!!!! :D: :D: :D: :D:

Thanks hsnterprize. I could write a book detailing the junk Mediacom has pulled on not only my town, but on an entire four county stretch in TWO States!!!! As far as the breakdown on where to find game two of Sox/Angels between local Fox stations and FX Wednesday night, here's the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4983860

As for game one, 1. REMOVE THE BUNT SIGN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SERIES, and 2. BENCH CREDE!!!!

DumpJerry
10-12-2005, 08:08 AM
When I Tivo'ed the game tonight, TIVO had the Sox-Angels game listed on "FX Alternative." I could not TIVO it because the "cost was not known yet." FOX was listed as Game 1 or Game 2 of the LSC. I went ahead and TIVO'ed FOX.

MLB.Com was useless. It has both on FOX. I presume that the game will be on FOX in Chicago, at least, since F/X is not a free (non-cable, non-satellite) station.

Fenway
10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
The major problems when FOX does this is getting the word out to the cable companies to pick up the correct FX feed. I know last year a good chunk of the country got Bos/NYY on both channels.

Los Angeles Angels at Chicago White Sox, 8 p.m.

Markets include: Albuquerque, Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Denver, Detroit, Hartford, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, New York, Phoenix, Portland, Providence, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle.

Houston Astros at St. Louis Cardinals, 8 p.m.

Markets include: Atlanta, Austin, Birmingham, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Dallas, Dayton, Fort Myers, Greensboro, Greenville, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Knoxville, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, New Orleans, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Richmond, San Antonio, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, West Palm Beach.