PDA

View Full Version : How we self-identify

Shafe72
10-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Can we please stop using the word "Nation" when talking about our fan base?? I agree with PatK and all other WSI'ers who use the term Sox Army!!

Sox Army, IMO.

As a current Boston resident and lifelong White Sox fan, I loathe any phrase that even sounds like "Red Sox Nation."

I don't want to identify the team I support in terms of ANY other team, especially the Boston Red Sox. Regardless of the Red Sox' long World Series drought and any other perceived "similarities," this year's White Sox team is entirely unique and should be treated as such. Especially after the *** beating we just gave the Red Sox

Just like Linkin Park sang in "Numb":

"All I want to do
is be more like me,
and be less like you!"

bevrat
10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
I think Sox Pride is more than adequate to describe our fan base.
As in a "pride" of lions.

D. TODD
10-11-2005, 11:07 AM
I have no problem with Sox Nation. It is a general term used for many teams fan bases in many different sports. I do not equate this with the Red Sox. I don't care what you call us, just call us fans of the A.L. champs after this series, hopefully.

SweetnesSox
10-11-2005, 11:08 AM
how bout we just call ourselves "a group of sox fans"? putting stupid names to things makes us seem tacky, imo. this whole ALCS thing is like when your favorite underground band gets a big record deal and has a hit. suddenly everyone is a fan, and no one can tell who's been there for the long haul. The media jumps all over it and wants to give cute names for everything. I wish everyone didn't jump on the bandwagon, kinda ruins the fun imo. I used to be different (since I'm from Glenview) for bein a Sox fan. everyone in my old high school knew I was a sox fan. it was mysterious and weird to them. whenever the sox lost, I caught hell. now at college, it seems like a Magglio Ordonez fashion show (seems to be the only jersey anyone bought). Anyway enough of me ranting. I'm just proud to be a member of those people who follow the sox with a passion.Kinda like "be original, don't get a tattoo" is the new mantra for sticking out in the crowd(since everyone i meet now has one), "be original, don't attach buzzwords to our team" seems to be what I like to see.

Madvora
10-11-2005, 11:10 AM
I like just calling us "Sox Fans"

credefan24
10-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Sweetness, did you go to South?

I agree, I like "sox fans", or Sox Pride.

We could always use Moronitti's phrase, "Soxdom"

34 Inch Stick
10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
What's Black and White and Disrespected All Over? Sox Province

Tekijawa
10-11-2005, 11:43 AM
How about a Murder of Sox fans?

SouthSideSlayer
10-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I do like the sound of the Sox Army. This is war time, and we've won 1 battle already, and need to win 2 more before the war is over!!!
Battles:
Battle of the Sox = White wins in Blitz Krieg fashion!!!
Battle of Halo's and Hose = ?????
Lets go WHITE SOX!!!!:angry:

Iwritecode
10-11-2005, 11:50 AM
How about a Murder of Sox fans?

Because we keep serving up so much crow for the national media? :cool:

Nellie_Fox
10-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I like just calling us "Sox Fans"That works for me.:D:

WinOrDyeTrying
10-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Sox Flock?

soxrme
10-11-2005, 01:44 PM
I agree we are just SOX fans

SweetnesSox
10-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Sweetness, did you go to South?

Just like every self-respecting Glenview student... yes I'm a proud grad of GBS '05! goooo Titans!

oh and go sox too i suppose.

Realist
10-11-2005, 02:44 PM
I want us to be called a huge monkey pile of Sox fans on top of a huge monkey pile of Sox players on the pitcher's mound after the Sox win the WS.

SweetnesSox
10-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I want us to be called a huge monkey pile of Sox fans on top of a huge monkey pile of Sox players on the pitcher's mound after the Sox win the WS. I'll charge the field if you do :) getting tasered is way worth it.

PaulDrake
10-11-2005, 02:58 PM
That works for me.:D: Me three.

SoxFan64
10-11-2005, 03:23 PM

Me too. Leave the nation building to the BoSox and the Raiders IOW Boomers' personal favorites. I am glad that blowhard is not a Sox fan. So no nation here.

TaylorStSox
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Me three.

Me four. :cool:

Optipessimism
10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Just like Linkin Park sang in "Numb":

"All I want to do
is be more like me,
and be less like you!"

Wow man, that's deep!

Optipessimism