PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Starters.......Byrd V. Contreras

ajtokarz
10-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Have yet to see anyone post this, but was on mlb.com and saw this posted.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/home.jsp?view=ana_cws

Let the Games Begin.

Randar68
10-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Have yet to see anyone post this, but was on mlb.com and saw this posted.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/home.jsp?view=ana_cws

Let the Games Begin.

Yahoo has the series matchups listed as follows:

Game1: Contreras vs. Byrd
Game2: Buehrle vs. Washburn
Game3: Garland vs. Lackey
Game4: Garcia vs. Colon
Game5: Contreras vs. Byrd
Game6: Buehrle vs. Washburn
Game7: Garland vs. Lackey

I'm sure there could be some changes, as Washburn has been sick and Colon may be out for the rest of the post-season. I'd imagine we would see Santana if Colon can't go.

If we can somehow take those first 2 games, I have a good feeling we could finish it up in 6 games or less.

ajtokarz
10-11-2005, 10:15 AM

Thanks for this, i was looking for it!

SOXPHILE
10-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I agree. At this point, it would almost be safe to say Colon is done. The diagnosis on him is "enflamed shoulder". That's the type of injury that can put a pitcher on the 15 day D.L. at least. (Hello ? Carrie Woods ? )

JRIG
10-11-2005, 10:27 AM

Game1: Contreras vs. Byrd
Game2: Buehrle vs. Washburn
Game3: Garland vs. Lackey
Game4: Garcia vs. Colon
Game5: Contreras vs. Byrd
Game6: Buehrle vs. Washburn
Game7: Garland vs. Lackey

I'm sure there could be some changes, as Washburn has been sick and Colon may be out for the rest of the post-season. I'd imagine we would see Santana if Colon can't go.

If we can somehow take those first 2 games, I have a good feeling we could finish it up in 6 games or less.

That is just a projection.

Colon might be left off the ALCS roster if his shoulder is too screwed up. The Angels are discussing using Kevin Gregg in Game 2. According to the LA Times, Ervin Santana is scheduled to throw Game 4. And Game 3? It looks like Lackey probably. Maybe Washburn is more sick then they're letting on.

Randar68
10-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I agree. At this point, it would almost be safe to say Colon is done. The diagnosis on him is "enflamed shoulder". That's the type of injury that can put a pitcher on the 15 day D.L. at least. (Hello ? Carrie Woods ? )

There's really no way to know how serious it was... could have been cramping, could have been he slept wrong on the plane, who knows? We'll find out more in the next 24-48 hours I'm sure... Can't fully diagnose those kinds of injuries until any swelling subsides...

ChiSoxGirl
10-11-2005, 10:35 AM

In listening to Silvy & Carmen this morning, Colon has been described to be suffering from "extreme discomfort." Let's hope it continues!

Ol' No. 2
10-11-2005, 10:39 AM
There's really no way to know how serious it was... could have been cramping, could have been he slept wrong on the plane, who knows? We'll find out more in the next 24-48 hours I'm sure... Can't fully diagnose those kinds of injuries until any swelling subsides...This could be an indirect result of his back problems. I heard this morning that he was having an MRI today. Don't they have to submit their ALCS rosters by 10am today? Can they replace him if he can't go or do they only get that opportunity in between series? I also heard today that Washburn had strep throat. If so, he's not going to be pitching on Wednesday.

With Byrd on short rest and their bullpen worked over, the Sox need to press their advantage in the first two games.

batmanZoSo
10-11-2005, 10:44 AM
This could be an indirect result of his back problems. I heard this morning that he was having an MRI today. Don't they have to submit their ALCS rosters by 10am today? Can they replace him if he can't go or do they only get that opportunity in between series? I also heard today that Washburn had strep throat. If so, he's not going to be pitching on Wednesday.

With Byrd on short rest and their bullpen worked over, the Sox need to press their advantage in the first two games.

I can't tell you how many times I've had strep in my lifetime and I know I could pitch if you just numbed my throat. I never had any fatigue or fever with it, just discomfort. Whatever, though...rest, Washburn, rest...:wink:

soxfanreggie
10-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I hate to see that happen to Colon, injuries suck for anyone, but it happens in baseball...oh well Go Sox :D:

FJA
10-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I can't tell you how many times I've had strep in my lifetime and I know I could pitch if you just numbed my throat. I never had any fatigue or fever with it, just discomfort. Whatever, though...rest, Washburn, rest...:wink:

From what I've read, they're actually also worried about him being around the team since strep is so contagious.

When will we get to see the roster?

credefan24
10-11-2005, 10:50 AM
How funny/tragic/etc. would it be if half the Halos lineup came down with strep throat?!

To bad they don't serve chicken soup at sox park.

Domeshot17
10-11-2005, 10:51 AM
haha, thinking about the angels getting strep throat reminds me of an edpisode of coach, where the orlando breakers make their first place off game, and luther orders 10 dozen wings from a bills restaurant, and they are under cooked, and the breakers run 24 players onto the field for the game, I dont know if this has any relievance, so I will save face with this:

BUT COMMON WASHBURN, FRENCH KISS EVERYONE ON YOUR TEAM

mdep524
10-11-2005, 10:58 AM
With Byrd on short rest and their bullpen worked over, the Sox need to press their advantage in the first two games. I totally agree this is the key. With Colon out, Lackey is the only guy who really scares me in this rotation, because he can dominate the Sox. In three starts against us this year he's 2-0 with a 2.57 ERA, and I remember the 7 innings of shut out ball he pitched against us in September. Santana also had a shut out against the Sox this season, way back in May. It'd be nice to be up 2-0 before we have to see those two.

chopperjc
10-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I really do not care who they run out at us. I do not care if they are rested or not. Beat the team in front of you. Although this post is a broken record I do not think anybody will say we will not pitch. With us will we hit? The boys have been a little warm and it does seem to be contageous (kinda like strep). If we hit we are going to the series if we do not hit we won't. I would think 5 a game would be enough. I am so pumped up I am insane. My only thought today is which one of my 7 Sox hats will I wear tonight?:cool:

Randar68
10-11-2005, 11:30 AM
From what I've read, they're actually also worried about him being around the team since strep is so contagious.

Strep is only ocntagious in the intial phases. It's MOST contagious before you are showing symptoms...

At least that's what I recall from past Strep infections...

34 Inch Stick
10-11-2005, 11:47 AM
IIRC Washburn has the same type of road success/home failure as Garcia. I am not a medical doctor but I think he should get bed rest until Game 3. An airplane trip is out of the question.

hawkjt
10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Lackey is lights out. Do not like our matchup on Friday with a rusty JonG against a rested Lackey. Washburn is tough and crafty. Hope he is out til the weekend so we only see him once. Colon- hopefully out. Santana has electric stuff and we have already proven we struggle against him.

We need Jose and Burls to come up huge and try to keep Figgins off the bases or he will run us crazy.

Palehose13
10-11-2005, 03:03 PM

I've had strep quite a few tiomes also and it has absolutely knocked me out. I was usually very weak, dizzy, and sore when I had strep with a fever. I can understand if he can't play. I guess the same bacteria effects people in different ways.