PDA

View Full Version : You write Sporscenter/Baseball Tonight headlines....

VenturaFan23
10-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Since ESPN's baseball season is over because, according to them, only the Yankees and Red Sox play in MLB, they will be covering other headlines. So I figured to start a thread just like the Cubune headlines with what they will be covering now.

Things that pop into my head are:

COMING UP ON SPORTSCENTER........

What if the Red Sox and Yankees were in the ALCS? Baseball tonight experts weigh in on who they would have picked to go to the World Series.

Barry Bonds reportedly has a bowel movement. Pedro Gomez reports from San Francisco.

And we'll go to Chicago and ask CUB fans if they wish it was their team in the League Championship Series.

harwar
10-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Since they chose not buy anymore hockey i would guess that they will go into full NFL mode.

Stroker Ace
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
What did Manny and Papi do this morning? Stay tuned and find out on Sportscenter!

SOXPHILE
10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
"It's the morning after the disaster in Anaheim. What went wrong with the Red Sox and Yankees this year, in a year that was supposed to hold so much promise and hope ? There will be no re-match, and baseball is worse off because of it. Join us for Outside The Lines with Bob Ley later tonight"

"Will Barry Bonds come back next year ? Will he ? Or will he not ? Maybe he will. He shares his thoughts with us on his pursuit of 714."

"What did Terrell Owens do and say now ? What will Andy Reid do about it ? Can the Eagles return to the Super Bowl again ?"

"NBA season is just around the corner. You know what that means. Kobe, Shaq, Kobe, Shaq, Kobe and more Shaq. Oh yeah, plus Larry Brown, (will he stay in New York ?), Phil Jackson's return, and we can't forget about Allen Iverson. He hasn't been arrested lately, and he says he's thinking about showing up to practice and games on time....maybe. Did we mention Kobe and Shaq ?"

JimEdmonds15
10-11-2005, 03:02 PM
"There's really Baseball in the Midwest?"

Hangar18
10-11-2005, 03:11 PM
"As the Anaheim Angels take the field 8miles south, Stuart Scott weighs in on a stadium that sits silent this October. That stadium? Chicagos Wrigley Field"

"Yes, as we stand outside this beautiful landmark, baseball fans can only be saddened that this magnificent ballpark, couldnt be host to October magic. All of baseball, and fans around the world weep"

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 03:26 PM
"As the Anaheim Angels take the field 8miles south, Stuart Scott weighs in on a stadium that sits silent this October. That stadium? Chicagos Wrigley Field"

"Yes, as we stand outside this beautiful landmark, baseball fans can only be saddened that this magnificent ballpark, couldnt be host to October magic. All of baseball, and fans around the world weep"

Think they'll talk about the Wrigley demolition?:tongue:

"This cannot be confirmed but it is widely held that jealous Sox fans have taken to destroying this national shrine. We'll talk with the folks at Hi-Tops in a moment but first, what type of car does Dusty Baker drive?"

VenturaFan23
10-11-2005, 04:15 PM
"Let's go to Chris Berman and the entire Baseball Tonight crew telecasting live from Fenway Park on their thoughts on the NLCS."

hellenicsoxfan
10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Chris Berman sitting in for Karl Ravetch. Welcome to Baseball Tonight. It's the Angels vs the ... man this is so hard not saying Red Sox and really stinks having to say ... White Sox from Chicago. As you all know, if the Cubs were playing, we'd be coming to you live from a rooftop across from beautiful Wrigley Field. But quite frankly, U.S. Cellular Field sucks, the fans there are the worst in the majors and the whole area around the park is one big slum and too dangerous for us. So we stayed in beautiful Bristol. Now to take a look at the (gasp) White Sox (belch) pitching is Jeff Brantley."

"Thank you, Chris. Starting tonight for the - BLEEP - Sox will be Julio Canseco. I'm not quite sure if he's related to Jose, but who really gives a rat's ass. This isn't the Red Sox or Yankees we're talking about. If the (groan) Sox have a lead going into the 9th inning, Ozzie Guillen will surely make a stupid move and bring in some fat kid named Benny Jenkins. Now, to look at Red Sox hitting - sorry, wishful thinking - White Sox hitting is John Kruk."

"Thanks Jeff. You know, I once played for the (BURP) Sox, and even I don't care about them. Their offense consists of Paul Konerko and a bunch of nobodies. Did I mention I don't care about them? What I do care about is food! If this were the beloved Cubs, we would get to go to Chicago and I'd get to go to all those great Chicago restaurants like Harry Caray's and Gibsons and White Castle and Portillos. But NO, we get stuck with the White Sox and I have to stay in Bristol! DAMN those #$^&($@! White Sox!"

VenturaSoxFan23
10-14-2005, 11:31 AM
"Tonight on the show..." followed by 30 minutes of nothing but John Kruk repeatedly spinning in his chair until he strikes the petroleum reserve.

FedEx227
10-14-2005, 02:06 PM
SportsCenter is so unpredictable... there'd be no way to determine if they'll talk about East Coast Baseball with the baseball tonight crew, have Sals and Clayton talk about Terrell Owens, Pedro Gomez about Barry Bonds, Rachel Nichols about Kobe/Shaq, you can never really call it with those guys.

mjharrison72
10-14-2005, 03:40 PM
"Tonight on the show..." followed by 30 minutes of nothing but John Kruk repeatedly spinning in his chair until he strikes the petroleum reserve.

Sounds eerily close to a hineybird to me.
-M