PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the '05 WSox...I No Longer Care About...

TomBradley72
10-11-2005, 09:04 AM
How the Tribune reports about the WSox
How the Sun Times columnist reports about the White Sox
Chicago being a "Cubs town"
The national media ignoring us
The local media ignoring us
Reinsdorf/Einhorn's mistakes of the past
The GM's mistakes of the past
The (undeserved) bad reputation of the Cell and the neighborhood
The blue seats at the Cell
Missing Old Comiskey
Winning heals everything........and makes all of the other stuff irrelevent. When you see how these guys fight to the finish, come through in the clutch, connect with the fans and each other, and stay humble through it all...all the other b.s. just seems to become meaningless.

2005 White Sox....my favorite team of all time....in any sport. :sunshine:

asindc
10-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Great post, Tom, and words to live by for all Sox fans as we move forward this postseason. Let's revel in our team and not get caught up in things that don't matter right now. Go Go Sox!!!:bandance:

BRDSR
10-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Missing Old Comiskey

11. School
12. My physical health
13. My mental health
14. My personal hygiene
15. Work
16. Sleep
17. My friends(especially ones who like that blue team)

The list could go on, but the point is, this White Sox run is disrupting my ENTIRE LIFE! All I care about is the Sox winning their next game.

harwar
10-11-2005, 09:44 AM
The White Sox being in the American league Championship Series does kind of put it in perspective does it not.
I'm unable to attend because of my health and i don't even care if they just WIN!

Ol' No. 2
10-11-2005, 10:04 AM
11. School
12. My physical health
13. My mental health
14. My personal hygiene
15. Work
16. Sleep

The list could go on, but the point is, this White Sox run is disrupting my ENTIRE LIFE! All I care about is the Sox winning their next game.You might want to work on that personal hygiene stuff if you plan on going to any of the games.:redneck

gosox3072
10-11-2005, 10:04 AM
11. School
12. My physical health
13. My mental health
14. My personal hygiene
15. Work
16. Sleep

The list could go on, but the point is, this White Sox run is disrupting my ENTIRE LIFE! All I care about is the Sox winning their next game.

Well said.....after going to game 1 on last tuesday, i did the worst on a test ive ever done in college....i guess us sox fans always have to be negitive! It was still worth it:rolleyes:

credefan24
10-11-2005, 11:26 AM
I kind of still miss Old Comiskey.

boiler up
10-11-2005, 11:30 AM
18. my work ethic
19. exercising
20. other sports
21. other sports fans
22. hobbies (workin on my car, basement, etc)
23. partying
24. cleaning up the house
25. laundry

you're right, i could go on for hours

MeteorsSox4367
10-11-2005, 11:31 AM
With you there, CredeFan. I agree with all the other thoughts except the one about not missing Old Comiskey. I still drive past every day going to work and think about all the good and not so good Sox games I saw there in the past and how my Dad made his only son a Sox fan. It's all his fault!!:D:

boiler up
10-11-2005, 11:36 AM
With you there, CredeFan. I agree with all the other thoughts except the one about not missing Old Comiskey. I still drive past every day going to work and think about all the good and not so good Sox games I saw there in the past and how my Dad made his only son a Sox fan. It's all his fault!!:D:

haha

my dad made all 4 of his sons and his one daughter sox fans

i DEFINATELY put all of the blame on him :D:

rookieroy
10-11-2005, 11:38 AM
26. Money
27. Yardwork
28. Car maintenance
29. Religion
30. Politics

Just a couple.....any more out there??????

:dtroll:

boiler up
10-11-2005, 11:41 AM
26. Money
27. Yardwork
28. Car maintenance
29. Religion
30. Politics

:dtroll:

no one has stated the girlfriend/wife/lovelife thingy yet

mines been suffering since the start of the season though

credefan24
10-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Meteor,

My last game there was in July 1990. I was only 12, but still remember it. I can remember the dark walkways, the green of the seats, and the smell of the air. I'll never forget it. We'd go to at least 1 game a year, since I was 7, so although I didn't spent that much time there, I will always cherish it. I have a great pic of my dad looking over from the walkway at the new park in 1991, onto old comiskey during the demolition.

Lets go sox!! We can take this series!
BELIEVE

MeteorsSox4367
10-11-2005, 11:56 AM
CredeFan: Two of my favorite Sox memories took place on the same day. We went to the Wednesday night game of the last homestand at Old Comiskey for the Sox and Twins. My friend took a picture of me with my Dad on 35th and Shields with the Old Comiskey right behind us.

Then when we were leaving, I saw a father with his young son. The father stopped, kissed the bricks outside the park in left field and said to his son, "OK. We can leave now."

That still brings a tear to my eye.

Go Sox! This is our Year!

2005 Record with me in attendance: 6-5 (including Game 1 of an ALDS I'll never forget!)

buehrle4cy05
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
The White Sox have saved me from another agonizing season of caring about the Bears.

Dick Allen
10-11-2005, 12:15 PM
31. The Bears

SweetnesSox
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I still love the bears. The only sports team Chicago truly can share (if you don't count Michael Jordan on the bulls). It's a better city when the bears are winning. having the sox winning is good too though :cool:

TomBradley72
10-11-2005, 03:10 PM
I kind of still miss Old Comiskey.

I actually agree....I remember feeling competely depressed in 1991 when Old Comiskey wasn't there anymore. The atmosphere this year and the renovations have "eased my pain".

Realist

I picked up a cutie Red Sox fan at the bar and went home with her after the Sox pounded the Red Sox in Game 1 of the last series. She wore her Red Sox jersey for me all nite and the next morning.

Needless to say, I didn't need a "rally cap" that day. Thanks White Sox! :bandance:

spiffie

Mine will be sitting next to me tonight for Game 1, so thankfully I get to enjoy the Sox and not get any flak for it :cool:

SoxEd
10-11-2005, 03:27 PM
The 2005 Sox make me not care about:

1) Saturday's woeful display by the England soccer team against the relatively untalented inveterate cheaters Austria (we just made next year's World Cup Finals, but I really don't care at this point);

2) my severely disrupted sleep patterns (we're 6 hours ahead of you, so if a game starts at 7pm Central time, it starts at 1am here :nuts: ;

3) living in Rip Off Britain® - £1 = (roughly) $1.85, yet somehow everything over here costs the same in £ as it would in $ over there (except gas, which costs even more than that);

4) the fact my friends think I'm completely FrootLoop for watching live baseball games;

5) that my car's annual Govt road-worthiness test is due this month (and it'll probably be expensive to put right the faults the test finds).

I'm loving this season - but how much better could it get, with just 8 more wins?

GO SOX!

slobes
10-11-2005, 03:50 PM
32. Any other part of the newspaper besides the sports section.

33. Anything that goes wrong in my life, cause i know I have something great to look forward to

bigdommer
10-11-2005, 04:04 PM
34. My best friend and best man, who is a Cubs fan. When he calls me on the phone, I just laugh, because there is nothing that he can say to me any more that will bother me. I just text him now and ask if he is watching the game, pretending that I don't realize that he hates the Sox and wants them to lose. He used to bug the hell out of me, and now it is the ultimate comic relief.

BTW, I still love the Bears, but they don't get me down. After that miserable game in Cleveland, I just got more pumped for the Sox. If this was last year I would be in hiding for the winter.

Sxy Mofo
10-11-2005, 04:19 PM
26. Money
27. Yardwork
28. Car maintenance
29. Religion
30. Politics

Religion? I don't go to church regularly, but my prayers have become a bit more... uh... animated lately.

They go something like this, "God, I know baseball isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but my White Sox...please?"

Last series, it was "I know you shouldn't pick sides, but between you and me, aren't the Red Sox and their fans just a bit annoying?"

This time it will be "they just won it in '02"

soxwon
10-11-2005, 04:40 PM
11. School
12. My physical health
13. My mental health
14. My personal hygiene
15. Work
16. Sleep

The white Sox Are my Entire LIFE.
since i was 9 years old.
I was born to witness the Sox
Win the World Series
and its 8 games away.

chisoxfanatic
10-11-2005, 04:54 PM
34. My best friend and best man, who is a Cubs fan. When he calls me on the phone, I just laugh, because there is nothing that he can say to me any more that will bother me. I just text him now and ask if he is watching the game, pretending that I don't realize that he hates the Sox and wants them to lose. He used to bug the hell out of me, and now it is the ultimate comic relief.

Haha, I love how Cub fans can't say to us "Win a series, and then you can talk!"

Uhhhhh, we SWEPT a series...Didn't it take you the whole five games just to win it???

LOL!

fuzzy_patters
10-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I picked up a cutie Red Sox fan at the bar and went home with her after the Sox pounded the Red Sox in Game 1 of the last series. She wore her Red Sox jersey for me all nite and the next morning.

Needless to say, I didn't need a "rally cap" that day. Thanks White Sox! :bandance:

I truly hope this is a true story. If so, that is awesome. :cool:

soxwon
10-11-2005, 10:28 PM

You better go to the doctor dude,
you never know!!!!

JUribe1989
10-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Missing Old Comiskey
Winning heals everything........and makes all of the other stuff irrelevent. When you see how these guys fight to the finish, come through in the clutch, connect with the fans and each other, and stay humble through it all...all the other b.s. just seems to become meaningless.

2005 White Sox....my favorite team of all time....in any sport. :sunshine:

I loooooooooove your attitude. To me, this team has accomplished so much already and I'm proud of them.