PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News For The Stupid...

DrCrawdad
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Brokers are getting less for Sox/Angels ALCS tickets than they would for Cubs NLCS tickets!

This apparently is big news to Spike O'Dell as he had Eric Sodeholm (is he the most useless member of the Southside Hitmen?) on to break this big story. I'm not a big listener to Spike but I also heard him compare broker prices for the ALDS to what the Cubs could get, had they got there this year.

Hey, combover is it really news that Cubs tickets would sell for a higher amount?

http://www.schaefers.com/Images/spikeodell1.jpg

Jerko
10-11-2005, 09:49 AM
There was already some ticket agent (scalper) clown on ABC news lamenting that it's not Sox/Spanks for the ALCS and that he can't make as much money. Poor baby may only get 400 bucks per upper deck ticket now. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Fungo
10-11-2005, 10:07 AM
You're kidding

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/breaknnews_e0.gif

34 Inch Stick
10-11-2005, 10:34 AM
WGN listeners would not be paying the price for either inflated ticket.

SoxFan78
10-11-2005, 10:34 AM
You could put Kerry Wood in a simulated game in Wrigley tonight and stupid Cub fans would be paying $400 plus to see that.

SOXPHILE
10-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Hmmm...maybe the Tribune can write a story about that, along with a 10 part documentary article detailing the rebuilding of Spike's house that burned down a few months ago. (For those who missed it, when his house burned down, the Trib ran 4 stories on it, complete with pictures and a follow up).

Uncle_Patrick
10-11-2005, 11:24 AM
My mom listens to Spike and she said that lately he's been on the air talking about how he's always been a Cubs fan but he's rooting for the Sox in the playoffs and he thinks other Cubs fans should, too. Well, in response to that he apparently got a flurry of angry emails from Cubs fans who vowed that there's no way in hell they'd ever root for the White Sox. Apparently, Spike was very surprised by the responses.

TDog
10-11-2005, 11:37 AM
What? Sox fans are better hagglers? They won't simply bend over and pay whatever these thieves demand? With skyrocketing gas prices contributing to an inflated cost of everyday life, you would think even people who don't have to work for a living would care about what they pay to see a baseball game.

Maybe some people are so economically irresponsible to throw away $1,500 on tickets to a regular season Cubs game. That doesn't give these "businesses" a license to steal. After driving more than 100 miles, I waited in line in the rain and early day dark for ALDS and ALCS tickets in 2000 because I wanted to see the game, but I wouldn't mortgage my future to go to a baseball game. If radio sports people and people who more closely approximate journalists who never have to pay to get into sporting events consider this evidence that the Cubs are more popular, then they have a skewed sense of reality.

If these brokers/scalpers have it so tough, why don't they ignore the Sox and let the real fans buy the tickets?