PDA

View Full Version : White Sox...America's Team?

lukesappling
10-11-2005, 08:33 AM
An ESPN poll clearly shows that the White Sox are the team America most wants to see play in the World Series. Looking at espn.com, leading the way is White Sox/Cardinals followed by White Sox/Astros. Go Sox Nation!

MsSoxVixen22
10-11-2005, 08:35 AM
An ESPN poll clearly shows that the White Sox are the team America most wants to see play in the World Series. Looking at espn.com, leading the way is White Sox/Cardinals followed by White Sox/Astros. Go Sox Nation!

:o: WOW....somebody actually wants to see the Sox win? Has hell frozen over?

schmitty9800
10-11-2005, 08:39 AM
I think it's also a function of everyone being a little ho-hum about the Angels. They won a few years ago, and I think the country cares even less about west coast baseball than they do midwest baseball.

Cat Thief
10-11-2005, 08:45 AM

Please stop with the Sox Nation crap.

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Good thing the media is around to let me know about this "Nation" and "Curse". I'd never heard of them before but am glad the Sox had the success required to bring these previously unknown ideas into the spotlight.:rolleyes:

Hangar18
10-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Look for this Poll to be removed Quickly .........now that the SOX are winning!

Cellview22
10-11-2005, 08:54 AM
I was just flipping through the channels and happened to catch a segment of Cold Pizza and can't believe what I just heard.

Dana, the host, was revealing the results for ESPN's poll on who will be in the World Series. The majority voted for White Sox/ Cardinals. She then said "not quite the Cubs/ Cardinals rivalry". Geez, Dana, no one wants to hear about the Flubbies right now.

Flight #24
10-11-2005, 09:02 AM
There is little doubt in my mind that very quickly, the Angels are going to become "America's team". There will be so much talk about the hardships they're facing in terms of travel, sick/injured pitchers, etc. and that the "mean old White Sox" resisted moving the start of the ALCS to try and gain an unfair advantage".

The only way to stop it is to step on their throats from the get-go.

jackbrohamer
10-11-2005, 09:14 AM
The Sox are an interesting team and a great story that a lot of people would be interested in nationally, if the lazy media would quit its idiotic obsession with curses and the flubs

kevin57
10-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm not too surprised by our "instant" national "fame."

I know a lot of Boston supporters who were for us and "anybody but the Yankees." Now that NY is out of it, you've got a team with quite a bit of history and lore (US) and a good ballclub but kinda bland (LAA). Personality wise, we beat LAA by a mile! :smile:

34 Inch Stick
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Please stop with the Sox Nation crap.

Six months ago there was not enough support for a city-state and suddenly we have become a nation. I guess this playoff run could be entitled Birth Of A Nation.

PatK
10-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Sox Army, IMO.

harwar
10-11-2005, 09:38 AM
I think Ozzie has a lot to do with this.He is quickly becoming a sort of folk hero type with his no nonsense,blatantly truthful way of handling this team.

lukesappling
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I think you're right Harwar. Ozzie, coupled with our "we don't believe in no stinkin' curses" attitidute is winning over a lot of hard edged fans.

BTW, when did the "Black Sox Hex" come into being? The Trib can't help but somehow relate everything to the cubs.

eriqjaffe
10-11-2005, 09:57 AM
BTW, when did the "Black Sox Hex" come into being?Last Thursday.

gosox3072
10-11-2005, 10:00 AM
I might just have to change my signiture.......somehow i knew this would happen when i put it up at the beginning of the season.

O well we still know who the TRUE sox fans are

THE FEW
THE PROUD
THE WHITE SOX FANS!:D:

TheOldRoman
10-11-2005, 10:45 AM
There is little doubt in my mind that very quickly, the Angels are going to become "America's team". There will be so much talk about the hardships they're facing in terms of travel, sick/injured pitchers, etc. and that the "mean old White Sox" resisted moving the start of the ALCS to try and gain an unfair advantage".

The only way to stop it is to step on their throats from the get-go.
No, I am pretty sure Fox and ESPN are picking the Sox to hype up in this series. They already invented curses for us (ESPN ran a piece yesterday about a curse of the black Sox:angry:), and Fox has someone write "1917" with the telestrator over the playoff bracket every time they show it. They realize that curses are "adorable" and that many gullible people have jumped on the bandwagon. They will try to turn us into the Cubs to increase ratings.

bevrat
10-11-2005, 10:48 AM
More like "White Sox....Venezuela's Team!"

:dtroll:

ChiWavDave
10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
God help us all, if we actually become popular nationally beyond some contrived ESPN drivel. 90% of the people whom I love to read dearly on this message board will have no purpose in life and probably will self combust, leaving only a small pile of dust and infield clay. I would be very wary of an apocalyptical day in the future where the Whitesox are sold out in May against the hated Royals/Devil Rays and Karl Ravitch and crew are live on the scene with Baseball 2nite...

All that being said, when we win it all, I will officially retire all my bitterness and paranoia and inferiority complexes I have so embraced here, and will love my (former) enemy's whether they be the Tribune, or the cubs, Mariotti, etc. etc. Cause like we did with Japan and Germany after WWII, there nothing left to do but pick up the losing side, and embrace them for the good of all mankind.

itsnotrequired
10-11-2005, 10:58 AM
God help us all, if we actually become popular nationally beyond some contrived ESPN drivel. 90% of the people whom I love to read dearly on this message board will have no purpose in life and probably will self combust, leaving only a small pile of dust and infield clay. I would be very wary of an apocalyptical day in the future where the Whitesox are sold out in May against the hated Royals/Devil Rays and Karl Ravitch and crew are live on the scene with Baseball 2nite...

All that being said, when we win it all, I will officially retire all my bitterness and paranoia and inferiority complexes I have so embraced here, and will love my (former) enemy's whether they be the Tribune, or the cubs, Mariotti, etc. etc. Cause like we did with Japan and Germany after WWII, there nothing left to do but pick up the losing side, and embrace them for the good of all mankind.

Sox are going to have to go on a Bulls-esque run before this scenario happens.