PDA

View Full Version : Write Your Own FOX Sports Game 1 Intro

johnny bench
10-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Hello everyone, I'm Joe Buck. Tonight the victory-starved Chicago White Sox find themselves with their backs against the proverbial wall and enter the ALCS facing a must-win game situation here in game 1. The Angels have just defeated the team with the highest payroll in baseball, just flown across the country twice in 24 hours and look to be exhausted after their epic journey. No one expects them to win tonite. But I do.

But enough about this game. Let's talk about the Yankees and RedSox, the teams that we at FOX sports would prefer to see play in this game tonight. And how about that Roger Clemens, who ironically used to play for both the Yankees and RedSox...

DumpJerry
10-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Good evening folks. We at Fox Sports need to apologize to you. We thought we would be bringing to you the Red Sox and Yankees slugging it out for the ALCS. Some unpaid intern in our office screwed up and we're stuck with the, uhhh...., White Sox and Angels. We're trying to figure out who these upstart "White Sox" are and why the Red Sox have allowed this team to take their name. The other team is called the Angels. They play somewhere in California, we're not sure where. This is rough. I'm in some bumpkin Midwestern city where I cannot get some real good foi gras. Oh for the Big Apple!

Don't worry folks, our lawyers are looking at the broadcast contract we have with Major League Baseball and I'm sure we'll have the Red Sox and Yankees with you real soon!

In the meantime, feel free to transmit, rebroadcast or otherwise do those things we hate for you do to our broadcasts since nobody will care.

Cellview22
10-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Good evening, everyone. If you're tuning in expecting to see some red and some white in the jerseys, well, you've come to the right place. If you're expecting to witness the ongoing drama of the greatest rivalry in sports, well, the Yankees and Red Sox are taking a break from center stage and tonight we get to meet the Amazing Angels and the other team from Chicago. Good news, perhaps, for the rest of America is we get to see some incredible Yankees castoffs. We'll get to that later.

Ladies and gentleman, fans across America, and dare I say most people in Chicago, meet your 2005 Chicago White Sox. Who would've thunk it? How did they get this far? Is it luck? Perhaps! Most Likely! We'll see tonight!

JohnTucker0814
10-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Good evening to all 50 of you that are viewing. Just a reminder, there is NHL Hockey that will be broadcast on Fox within the hour, if you really want to see baseball, please tune to FX or Fox Family.

BeviBall!
10-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Anyone ever notice how Zelasko nervously manhandles the pen she holds when on camera? Geez lady, you've only been on TV for years... we won't bite. That said...

Welcome to Comiskey Park in Chicago for game 1 of the ALCS... I'm Chris Berman, filling in for Joe Buck... and along side me is Kevin Millar.

rocky biddle
10-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey, this is Joe Buck coming to you just 8 miles south of historic Wrigley Field. We promise you an exciting game here tonight. We've got a team in white uniforms with pinstripes and a team in gray and red uniforms. So if you squint really hard, you can pretend it's the Yankees/ Red Sox match-up we all would rather be watching. And to make it easier for you, we'll just go ahead and announce the game as if it was those two teams.
We'll also be running a computer simulated three-way interleague contest between the Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees for the FOX/ ESPN World Championship.
Also, if that wasn't enough to distract you, as a special treat, in even numbered innings, Buster Olney will be here to discuss the roster moves the Yankees and Red Sox must make in the offseason. And in odd numbered innings, Billy Crystal and Rudy Gulliani will thumb wrestle in Yankees caps. We'll be right back...

eriqjaffe
10-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Ladies and gentlemen...Chris Berman!

ajtokarz
10-11-2005, 10:16 AM
TONIGHT ON FOX.........

A Full Hour of That '70s Show followed by the critically acclaimed series....House.

VenturaFan23
10-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Ladies and gentlemen...Chris Berman!

Where's the gun???? :rolleyes:

SOXPHILE
10-11-2005, 10:44 AM
"Good evening America, welcome to the 2005 American League Championship Series, coming to you live from U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago, Illinois. I'm Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson, along with my partner, "The Fiesty One", Darrin Jackson......"

Hangar18
10-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Hey, this is Joe Buck coming to you just 8 miles north of historic Wrigley Field.
We'll also be running a computer simulated three-way interleague contest between the Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees for the FOX/ ESPN World Championship.

HEHHhehheh. Anyone remember when Baseball Tonite did their 2003 Pre-AllStar Game special .......LIVE .............From Wrigley Field?? :(: :mad:
I remember telling some of the workers for ESPN that if they knew the AS Game was being played at Comiskey and NOT Wrigley. They looked at me funny
and the other guys said they wondered why they were there also .......

Sox of White
10-11-2005, 10:47 AM
"Good evening America, welcome to the 2005 American League Championship Series, coming to you live from U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago, Illinois. I'm Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson, along with my partner, "The Fiesty One", Darrin Jackson......"

Oh would that be nice.

SweetnesSox
10-11-2005, 12:31 PM
the angels have been travelling through their pareilous journey for several fortnights. they've come over the hills of kalkador, through the dreaded troll-filled forest of blargar, and across the dangerous desert of kalkamish. Our valiant heroes are "angels" but they sure aren't nice guys. We can only pray that they've had their beauty sleep. no one likes to see bartolo colon without his makeup:
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=bartolo+colon/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=12cnrqrdd/EXP=1129134654/*http%3A//www.msbaseball.com/entropybanner/bartolo_colon.jpg
the red sox let the white sox win. plus they live here.

SweetnesSox
10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
ahh there's the pic i wanted to send! what a good looking troll he is.
http://www.msbaseball.com/entropybanner/bartolo_colon.jpg

SweetnesSox
10-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Anyone ever notice how Zelasko nervously manhandles the pen she holds when on camera? Geez lady, you've only been on TV for years... we won't bite.
hahahahahaha so true
"this is jeannie zelasko, and I KNOW HOW TO USE THIS THING!!"

Garland_IS_God
10-11-2005, 01:54 PM

....sit back, relax, and strap it down!!

Fake Chet Lemon
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Welcome to ComINski Field in Chicago everyone. Where the White Sox will do battle with Vladimir Guerrero and the Angels. Vlad should have a huge game, and a huge series. Why, just look at Vladimir Guerrero stretch down there. We are projecting Vladimir Guerrero to be the seires MVP. What an arm this Vladimir Guerrero has. And did I mention........Vladimir Guerrero? Stay tuned everyone, Vladimir Guerreo made the last out this past inning, so he'll be up within 3 innings!

Hangar18
10-11-2005, 02:01 PM
This was just moments ago, on ESPN am1000, the Dan Patrick show,
they just came back from a commercial.

"Hello .........this is the Dan Patrick Show, im coming to you from Chicago ...........its overcast ...........sprinkles in the forecast today ...........for Game one ..............of the ALCS ..........might have alittle rain .............tonite.........for the Angels game ......."

tromcoe
10-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Thank you and welcome Sox and Angels fans. We have decided to move the game to F/X tonight and instead run a Futurama Marathon for your enjoyment.

fuzzy_patters
10-11-2005, 02:15 PM
JB: We welcome you to Fox's baseball coverage of the Anaheim Angles versus the Chicago White Sox for the American League pennant. I'm Joe Buck along with my partner, Tim McCarver.

TM: Hi, Joe.

JB: The Angels will look to overcome poor health and little rest tonight after last night's heroic victory over Joe Torre's New York Yankees.

TM: Yeah, Joe. You have to wonder if Steinbrenner will brink Torre back after yet another postseason loss. That's really the big story here tonight.

JB: Meanwhile, we are here in Chicago at US Cellular Field, which, despite its criticisms, is a much improved ballpark, although still not a gem like some of the more classic parks like Wrigley Field, Busch Stadium in Saint Louis, or Fenway in Boston. They are led by their fiery manager, Ozzie Guillen.

TM: This is a big match-up tonight between Ozzie Guillen and Mike Scioscia. Both managers are not afraid to employ small ball tactics, and it will be interesting to see who will score more runs. I predict the team that does will win this series.

JB: And with that, we are set for baseball. Now back to Jeannie Zelasko for another game break. Jeannie?

JZ: Thanks Joe. Well, Kevin Kennedy, it looks like the Angels will have a lot to overcome after their long flight in this ALCS without New York or Boston.

KK: Yeah, you have to wonder how Joe Torre will hold up after last night's defeat, and there has to be a lot of pressure on Terry Francona with those long suffering fans in Boston. After just one World Series title in 87 years, there is a lot of pent up frustration in Boston as I well know.

CJLove23
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
KK: Yeah, you have to wonder how Joe Torre will hold up after last night's defeat, and there has to be a lot of pressure on Terry Francona with those long suffering fans in Boston. After just one World Series title in 87 years, there is a lot of pent up frustration in Boston as I well know.

:rolling: Funny!! It's like I can already hear it:?: