PDA

View Full Version : Going to Anaheim?

salty99
10-10-2005, 11:24 PM
I have tickets for Game #4 and 5 in Anaheim and am thinking about using them if I can get a cheap flight. So far the best I can find is 365 a person from Southwest ANy tips..no I don't have any frequent miles. Where do the Sox stay at? What do you guys think. I really don't want to sell them.

jfinsocal
10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
$365 isn't too bad on short notice. Try SideStep.com to search multiple travel sites. Also the "weekend internet specials" come out on Tuesday morning. Try again then to see if American for example has extra inventory to the west coast.

mike squires
10-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Ya gotta go for it. I hate to say it, but given the Sox track record it may be another 5-10 years before it happends again. Charge it and enjoy it.

salty99
10-10-2005, 11:29 PM
this flight is to LAX so i would need to get to Anaheim somehow as well. Don't really feel like renting a car.

Tannerfan
10-10-2005, 11:42 PM
this flight is to LAX so i would need to get to Anaheim somehow as well. Don't really feel like renting a car.

Your gonna have to rent a car. I live out here, and Orange County (where Anaheim is) has even worse public trans. than LA, which is pretty horrible.
If you stay near Disneyland you can probably take a shuttle from LAX to the hotel, and then arrange for a cab to Angels Stadium, but a car is preferrable. I'll be at game 4 Sat. night.

salty99
10-10-2005, 11:50 PM
I have my reservation for the hotel within walking distance of the stadium. I will check more flights tomorrow...getting sleepy....

antitwins13
10-10-2005, 11:50 PM
No way, I can't miss anymore school. Plus I don't want to visit that crappy stadium.

NWSox
10-10-2005, 11:59 PM
I'd join you but I'm already scheduled to be in Chicago next week and have a ticket to Game 6 (just in case).

SOX LA Mikey
10-11-2005, 12:02 AM
My Timing Sucks

I live here in Hollywood, games 1 & 2 in Chicago -I'll be here in LA

Leave Thurs for my Sweet home Chicago for the
Academy of Ophthalmology meeting
as the Sox come out here and possibly clinch in Disneyland,

My only saving grace is that I hold 4 tix for ALCS game 7
....but I hope it doesn't go that far -don't think i could take it

Mikesac
10-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Salty, try Southwest into Ontario, CA. You will still have to rent a car, but this is a far better way to go than through LAX. Avoid LAX at all costs! Seriously Ontario is super easy to get in and out of. I'll be down from Sac myself for the games and am also staying in Anaheim we'll have to get together.

patbooyah
10-11-2005, 12:11 AM
i'll be around there on sat and sunday...

BNLSox
10-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey Salty,

Do fly into Anaheim instead of LA if you can. They are far apart. It would be like the White Sox playing in Rockford.

And if you have extras, you know who to call :)