PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the LAA !!!

CJLove23
10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
So it begins...the LAA come to Chicago tomorrow! BRING 'EM!! I hope they're nice and tired, and hungover :D:

munchman33
10-10-2005, 10:41 PM
So it begins...the LAA come to Chicago tomorrow! BRING 'EM!! I hope they're nice and tired, and hungover :D:

Jumpin' the gun, aye?

Joosh
10-10-2005, 10:41 PM
It's not over yet, young grasshopper.

CJLove23
10-10-2005, 10:42 PM
My friend just said the game's over :?:

haha it's not...I am jumping the gun :dumbass:

munchman33
10-10-2005, 10:43 PM
No.....Yanks having tying runs on, Matsui at plate. LOL.

antitwins13
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Big time gun jumping. If you thinkg the Yankees can't come back late you've had a lil too much cool aid.

munchman33
10-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Now it's over. Bring on the Halos.

CJLove23
10-10-2005, 10:45 PM
OK...NOW bring on the LAA...

DRINK UP BOYS! CELEBRATE HARD

HotelWhiteSox
10-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Wait, would it be tomorrow or Wednesday?

I sure hope they party hard :D: LOL Colon now looks fine running out of the dugout to celebrate

:bcolon
So...Where's that postgame buffet?

cheeses_h_rice
10-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Well, the Angels may come in flying high w/ adrenalin, but one thing's for sure: their pitching staff has been worked hard the past few days.

May the better team, er, the White Sox win.

:)

Dub25
Hopefully the Angels are hungover as well as being tired. Also, the may not have Colon for the series if the shoulder is worse than reported. Does anyone have an update on Colon?

ElDuque26
who the hell pitches games 1 and 2 for them?

elrod
I'm really curious what the Angels are going to do about their pitching staff. Byrd will obviously throw in Game One. Who knows how Washburn will be in Game Two? And Game Three will be Lackey for sure. Depending on Colon's health, it looks like Santana in Game Four.

BeviBall!
Byrd v. Contreras... possibly Washburn in game 2. It'd sure be nice to hold serve against the middle of their rotation.

soxwon
10-10-2005, 10:49 PM
this will be EASY!!! sox in 5

chisoxfanatic
10-10-2005, 10:50 PM
who the hell pitches games 1 and 2 for them?

Expect either Byrd or Washburn.

munchman33
Starting a playoff series by starting Paul Byrd and Jarrod Washburn?

I am absolutely giddy. :)

Soxzilla
Congrats to the Angels.

I had a feeling when we played this team earlier in the year, that this would be the ALCS.

We match up with them pound for pound, and we are the most well-rounded teams in all of the Majors.

gf2020
Game one is likely a rematch of this game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=250601104

Do you think Ozzie starts Timo at first this time?

The Wall
10-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Scoscia just said he is going to work out his pitching matchups on the flight to chicago. Maybe John Lackey might start game 1.

thewalkoffshot
10-10-2005, 10:51 PM
On the radio broadcast, Dave Campbell said that Washburn is still really sick, and its a possibility that he could be left off the roster for this series.

SoxFan64
10-10-2005, 10:52 PM
I would have liked to played the Yankees. But I will take the Halos. I hope our three days off don't hurt us.

But it will probably be balanced by the Angels being exhausted.

Obviously I want us to win. But having seen us play tentatively in 83 and 93 I would be happy if we don't sink up the place.

The Wall
10-10-2005, 10:52 PM

Big Hurt is pinch hitting? That would bring down the house that Cubans built :D

MRKARNO
10-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Byrd is almost certainly going to start game 1. He will be on full rest. But then the Angels are really screwed. Colon is hurting. Washburn is extremely ill if he was unable to make his postseason start. Lackey went yesterday and cannot go on two days rest after going on three days rest. Ervin Santana pitched the equivilent of a start today. Sure, they won today, but they simply are not set up well against us. Don't forget the fatigue factor as well. I like our chances a lot, regardless of how well the Angel offense has been doing lately. The pitching is just not there. Kelvim Escobar threw 20 pitches tonight and 35 the night before, so he may not be available until game 3. Seriously, this is a great matchup for the White Sox if they can take advantage.

TheOldRoman
10-10-2005, 10:55 PM
No, it wont. This is the hardest matchup for the Sox.
There is a chance we could win in 4 or 5, but it will take perfect execution, and every one of those games will be one or two run nailbiters.
The Angels are the closest team to us, which is why they could give up fits.

We will win this series, but I'm not going to take a guess on how many games it will take.

MRKARNO
10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe John Lackey might start game 1.

:tealpolice:

He started yesterday. One day's rest? That simply is not possible.

Jjav829
10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Scoscia just said he is going to work out his pitching matchups on the flight to chicago. Maybe John Lackey might start game 1.

I'm not sure if you meant that in teal, but I'm quite sure Lackey won't be starting on 1 full day of rest. He just pitched game 4 of the ALDS last night. The soonest he will be ready is game 3 of the ALCS.

The Dude
10-10-2005, 10:57 PM

A little confident are we? I dont think it will be easy at all. This will be a hard fought 6 game series with the Sox winning 4-2. :D:

NDSox12

Did we re-activate Kevin Walker in time for this series?

cheeses_h_rice
Kevin Kennedy just said he thought Byrd would start Game 1 for the LAA.

NO WAY Lackey starts before Game 3.

Jjav829
10-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Byrd is almost certainly going to start game 1. He will be on full rest.

Actually he won't. Byrd pitched on Friday night, meaning he goes tomorrow night on 3 days rest.

BeviBall!
10-10-2005, 10:58 PM
It will be real interesting to see how badly hurt Bartolo is. You don't get pulled in the first inning of Game 5 if it's just a little injury.

halfpricemonday
10-10-2005, 10:59 PM
LAA...yeah right. It's ANA, despite what MLB and Artie Moreno tells you.

Anyways, it's the best two teams in the AL, and considering the Angels got swept by the Mariners right after they swept away us (back when it seemed like we were losing 2 out 3 to every sub-.500 team around), I'm inclined to ignore past matchups from the second half of the season. Hopefully Vlad stays cold and Molina cools down; I'm guessing the latter is a lot more likely than the former.

And now they're celebrating with the bubbly in the clubhouse. Get wasted Angels!

BeviBall!
10-10-2005, 11:00 PM

GOSPEL!

MRKARNO
Actually he won't. Byrd pitched on Friday night, meaning he goes tomorrow night on 3 days rest.

My bad. Even better. Somehow I forgot it was still Monday.

beckett21

NO WAY Lackey starts before Game 3.

Dave Campbell on ESPN radio just speculated that Kevin Gregg would get the nod in Game 1, probably Byrd in game 2. Again, just speculation.

BeviBall!
10-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Dave Campbell on ESPN radio just speculated that Kevin Gregg would get the nod in Game 1, probably Byrd in game 2. Again, just speculation.

They mentioned throwing Yan and Grimsley on the roster to cover for game 1 and 2 as well. We could be seeing Pinella's Plan here... throw a pitcher for every 2-3 innings.

soxwon
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Let me Reiterate- This will be EASY!!!

Sox in 5....

Jjav829
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM

Kevin Gregg? LOL! If we can't beat Kevin Gregg at home after all the Angels have been throw in the past couple of days, well, we might as well just forget about the rest of the series. I know nothing is a given and you still have to play the games, but Kevin Gregg? :bandance:

MRKARNO
10-10-2005, 11:05 PM

Talk about desperation. Kevin Gregg's longest outing was a 5 inning start in April. Two other times did he go 4.1 innings.

jfinsocal
10-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I hope the players aren't underestimating the competetition like some of you folks.

MRKARNO
10-10-2005, 11:06 PM
I hope the players aren't underestimating the competetition like some of you folks.

It's our job to be helplessly optimistic and their job to keep everything in perspective. Kevin Gregg starting Game 1 of the ALCS against Jose Contreras is an absolute joke.

BeviBall!
10-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Talk about desperation. Kevin Gregg's longest outing was a 5 inning start in April. Two other times did he go 4.1 innings.

Guys... Gregg is a nice pitcher, at least in relief. The unknown frightens me a little bit...

FielderJones
Party hearty, boys. Enjoy the flight and the early morning arrival. See you at 7:00pm.

Skippy

Agreed. This is going to be a TOUGH series. Anaheim is built around pitching and defense, but they also have Vlad who is a bonafide superstar.

Nervous, but hopeful.

Jjav829
10-10-2005, 11:08 PM

Well, yes, I think we all hope the same thing. Just because I say Kevin Gregg blows doesn't mean they shouldn't approach this game like they are facing Roger Clemens. It would be very easy to underestimate the Angels and have them ride their momentum to a game 1 win. Still, you have to like our chances in game 1.

JB98

Sox in 5....

Don't kid yourself. There is no such thing as an easy playoff series.

beckett21

Sox in 5....

The Angels will not roll over for the Sox. Even if the Sox do win in 5, it will not be easy.

It would be nice to see the Sox take the first two games, kick them while they're down. If they get a split, it could be trouble.

I expect the Sox to win the series, but it will not be easy by any means despite how it may appear right now. That is not a knock on the Sox either.

The_Floridian
10-10-2005, 11:09 PM
It won't be easy. But the Angels are tired and beat up and hurting. The White Sox are fresh and playing the best baseball they have all year.

Again, it won't be easy. But you have to like the circumstances.

Chisox003
10-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Yup, no matter who they throw out there they are still a VERY good team, and we still need to beat 'em 4 times...

The Angels are here for a reason (Granted, Kevin Gregg isn't a big one, but still), the Sox need to get 'er done....

Go time!

fquaye149
10-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Kevin Gregg? LOL! If we can't beat Kevin Gregg at home after all the Angels have been throw in the past couple of days, well, we might as well just forget about the rest of the series. I know nothing is a given and you still have to play the games, but Kevin Gregg? :bandance:

This is why the Angels ARE our best matchup. Before this series, the Yankees would have been the easier team to face ,but with Colon banged up, Washburn seriously ill, Escobar getting more work than he's had in months, and EVERYONE in their rotation on short rest, we SHOULD feel confident going into the series.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we WILL win in four games or five. But what I'm saying is, given the quality of our team and the depleted pitching of Anaheim (oh, and ERSTAD is a little banged up as well) we have to feel as if we're the clear favorites going in.

Obviously their bullpen is very good and they have some good hitting and some good defense and some good team speed, but you can say the EXACT same thing about us. And guess what: our pitching is STILL top notch.

BRING ON THE ANGELS!

PeteWard
10-10-2005, 11:12 PM

Sox in 5....
I'll get back to you on this after Game 1. If LA somehow manages to win tomorrow--and I don't think they will--then that would be very big for them.
I think a tough series is coming up with the Sox winning in 6.

But if Rodriguez hangs those curves out there to the Sox like he did tonight, you are right.

Kogs35
hey angels if u leave at midnight or even1 enjoy arriveing in chicago at rush hour. please continue to drink the bubly and get drunk.

mike squires
Guys... Gregg is a nice pitcher, at least in relief. The unknown frightens me a little bit...

You said it! We always seem to struggle against the more obscure guys. Sorry for not keeping up with things, but I've never heard of the guy. I still like our chances if we keep moving the runers along, aggressive on the basebaths, good starting pitching, taking advantage of errors and getting good relief pitching....well, for the most part!

Hokiesox
10-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Whitesox.com is saying Byrd.

Domeshot17
10-10-2005, 11:17 PM
If there is one team that could put Piniellas Plan into solid work, its LAA. I know they are coming off a hard series, but they essentially used 3 pitchers tonight. I am not saying we cant hit them, but lets not think this is an easy win. If we started Cotts and he gave us 3 strong, and then went to elduque for 3 hermanson for 1 politte 1 and jenks 1, would we feel scared? LAA is tough, I am not being a dark cloud, I think we match them pound for pound, but we cant take them lightly.

Best Case: Colon Done for playoffs, Washburn doubtful with pnuemonia

Worst Case: Colon fixed with a cortizone shot, Washburn gets a flu shot

Just like last series WSI, one game at a time, lets worry about game 1 before game 6

Bucky F. Dent
10-10-2005, 11:18 PM
No Yanks! No Red Sox!
What will the commentators talk about.
Where do we set the over/under for number of times either the Yanks or the Red Sox get mentioned in the first game of the series in spite of the fact that they are out of it.

MRKARNO
10-10-2005, 11:19 PM

Gregg has been better down the stretch, but he's been bad on the road all year and he's facing El Conde. El Conde had two starts against Los Angeles this year and fared very well in both, going 13 IP with 5 ER and a 3.46 ERA. Both of these were before the changes he made. I really like the matchup of Contreras vs LAA. Kevin Gregg is a step down from Wells and Wakefield and we managed to beat both of them fairly handily.

koch44
10-10-2005, 11:22 PM
ESPN's experts Reynolds and Kruk are now eating crow, and both saying the Sox are the best rounded team in baseball and will win the series in 5 games.

hansgruber
10-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Bring 'em on!!!

I was at that game. Frank was at the plate and a grand slam wouldve tied it, but he walked. And then Uribe hit a shot that went just foul.

Corlose 15
10-10-2005, 11:24 PM
FWIW, John Kruk just picked the Sox in 5 and Harold Reynolds said Sox in 6. Kruk said along with the Cardinals that the Sox are the most well rounded teams left.

Then the ESPN anchor made a crack about not playing the underdog card anymore.

TheOldRoman
10-10-2005, 11:24 PM
ESPN's experts Reynolds and Kruk are now eating crow, and both saying the Sox are the best rounded team in baseball and will win the series in 5 games.
Im guessing Kruk too his crow deepfried and smothered in creamcheese.

Domeshot17
10-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Im guessing Kruk too his crow deepfried and smothered in creamcheese

You know he is gonna smother it in Gravy too, and probablly want his fries super sized, with a couple of those hershey pies for dessert, and a couple meaning 6 or 7

peeonwrigley
10-10-2005, 11:29 PM
As long as we hold serve in the first 2 games I will feel very comfortable with our chances. I don't want to go to SoCal tied up... these first two games are absolutely huge.

The Angels are tough as hell at home in the post season.

samram
10-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Well, I've been predicting this series since May or June, and I think it will be teriffic, with two very solid teams playing. Obviously, a Sox fan has to love the game 1 matchup, whoever pitches for LAA, but the Angels are well managed and I believe Shields had the night off, so he may be able to pitch 2 innings or so, relieving some of the pressure on the starter.

I would say getting off to another quick start tomorrow night would be great as I think LAA will really feel the fatigue if they have to play from behind early on tomorrow with the prospect of another game the day after and a 4.5 hour flight after that.

The Dude
10-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I cant see how some of you guys think Byrd will be easy.
W-L 12-11, ERA 3.74, 102 K's , 28 BB in 204 innings

Now Gregg on the other hand , 1-2 with a 5.05 ERA, 52 K's, 29 BB in 64 innings

Hagan
10-11-2005, 12:00 AM
We are going to win game one! We are hitting well and paul byrd is an overrated pitcher. We do well against pitchers with higher batting average against hitters. I think without colon pitching in that line up the only person who really scares me a little is lackey. We are going to win this series. My guess is 4-2 I am so excited! GOOOOO WHITE SOX

Vince
10-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Let's not get too cocky... I think this will be a tough series, but obviously the state of disarray that the Angels' rotation is in will help us, not hurt us.

Another key stat: Chone Figgins, .167 OBP for the ALDS

NWSox
10-11-2005, 12:07 AM
I think Game 1 will be tough. Teams coming off tough series seem to play with a lot of emotion in the first game of the next series. Game 2 is when their fatigue should set in. A Game 1 victory by the Sox will be huge.

soxfanreggie
10-11-2005, 12:12 AM
I hope those Angels continue to drink it up and live it up tonight. I think the more they celebrate, the bigger advantage we have. If I were the Angels, I would have a very toned down celebration and head straight to the airport. The good news is we should be a lot more focused and rested up for this game.

elrod
10-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I worry about Bengie Molina. He was lights out in the ALDS. Even his outs were hard-hit. The normal sparkplugs for the Angles - Figgins, Cabrera and Anderson - weren't as strong as Rivera and Molina. Even Guerrero wasn't that tough. He hit .333 but had no extra-base hits. The big hitters were Molina and Erstad.

elrod
10-11-2005, 12:14 AM
I think Game 1 will be tough. Teams coming off tough series seem to play with a lot of emotion in the first game of the next series. Game 2 is when their fatigue should set in. A Game 1 victory by the Sox will be huge.

I agree. Getting Game One would be HUGE, especially if the Angels have to use a lot of relief pitchers.

tstrike2000
10-11-2005, 12:15 AM

Definitely won't be easy. It's good for us their pitching is dilapidated, but their lineup is always tough against us. I love our chances, especially with our pitching but it won't be a walk in the park.

Shoeless Joe
10-11-2005, 12:20 AM
I am scared out of my mind facing the Angels. I understand their entire rotation is in disarray but this team is scrappy just like the White Sox. I'm just focusing on game one right now, so I hope the Sox do face Mr. Gregg rather than Paul Byrd. I have absolutely no doubt that Contreras is going to give another strong outing but I just hope that clutch hitting continues for the ALCS. I'll be at the game tonight cheering my heart out for the team so I may just pass out before the sixth inning.

Go Sox! :)

mmmmmbeeer
10-11-2005, 12:26 AM
The Angels are leaving a series they won due to horrible Yankee pitching and defense. When the series starts tomorrow, they're going to be very surprised when they see what Contreras is offering coupled with a strong defense that won't (knock on wood) have 6 errors (should've been 7) through 5 games. The Yankees looked horrible. They did not have that swagger that we've come to expect from that bunch, they looked as if they were playing scared. ANA capitalized, now they'll have to beat a good team with their apparently battered staff. It's going to be a good series.

The Wimperoo
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
My hope for this series is to take the 1st two games, get at least 1 in Anaheim, and win game 6 on the magical arm of Mark Buerhle.

But what the hell let's just sweep these guys. :cool:

Domeshot17
10-11-2005, 12:53 AM
One other thing to remember when facing the Angels, Whether Molina hits well or not will not be how he makes a difference. This wont be Jason Varitek Behind the plate. Varitek calls a game well, and has a decent arm, Molina has the best in the bigs, so Pods better read these pitchers really well, because small ball with have to be at its best, This teams throws the leather like we do, This isnt like Boston, were all you gotta do is get to the starters early and then clean up the bullpen. Game 1 is HUGE, because if a big let down is already expected in game 2, a White Sox Winner really takes the wind out of the sails

HotelWhiteSox
10-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Angels fan sites similar to WSI?

longshot7
10-11-2005, 01:20 AM
As an Angels season ticketholder, I have seen this team 2nd only to my beloved Pale Hose, and let me tell you, despite their starting pitching woes, this will not be a cakewalk. The Angels are a scrappy, never say die team, and very similiar to the Sox. Let's look at the matchups in this series:

SPs: The Sox starters are on absolute fire right now, and the Angels rotation is in disarray. Contreras, Buehrle, Garland, & Garcia vs Byrd (on 3 days rest), Lackey (on 3 days rest), Santana, and who knows if Washburn or Colon will be back.

RPs: The Angels pen is VERY good, but will their SP problems affect the pen? Will Scioscia move Escobar into the rotation? Shields had a rough game 4 in NY, and as their setup guy, he has to perform to get the ball to K-Rod. The Sox pen is much stronger (as long as Marte doesn't see action) and everyone has a defined role. Donnelly is not the guy he was in 2002, and Frankie has the same problem that Jenks has sometimes - if you can hit their fastballs, you can hit them A LONG WAY.

offense: What can you say about Vlad Guererro that hasn't been said before? Using the same strategy with him that the Sox used with Ortiz & Ramirez is the key. The rest of the Angels' offense is a line-drive, manufacture runs lineup. Aside from Anderson & Molina (when healthy), they don't hit that many homers. Figgins works a lot like Pods does for the Sox - he is the tablesetter, and he can run. The Yankees did a fairly good job at keeping him off base. Cabrera & Erstad have had some clutch hits lately.

defense: Both teams are terrific defensively, and I expect this series to be good in the field. Cabrera is amazing at SS, and Erstad makes jaw-dropping plays at first seem mundane. Finley (or Figgins) covers a lot of ground in Center, but Anderson at times seems lazy or tired in Left. Vlad is above average in Right, but his arm is one of the best ever. What can I say about the Sox defense that we all don't already know? This infield is maybe the best I've ever seen, and our outfield ain't bad either.

managers: Everything Ozzie is touching turns to magic right now. Scioscia, despite my misgivings about his tendency to fall alseep in the middle of the season, is an awesome X's and O's guy. He clearly outmanaged Dusty Baker in the 2002 World Series, and cannot be underestimated.

In short, I am totally looking forward to this series. The wild card will be the Angels' starting rotation. Without Bart and Washburn, I expect it to be really tough for them - which makes me very happy. Watch out for the rally monkey (hopefully Fox will show us some of the monkey entrance videos - they're hilarious!)

Sox in 6. Get ready to hit those sirens!!

elrod
10-11-2005, 01:40 AM
As an Angels season ticketholder, I have seen this team 2nd only to my beloved Pale Hose, and let me tell you, despite their starting pitching woes, this will not be a cakewalk. The Angels are a scrappy, never say die team, and very similiar to the Sox. Let's look at the matchups in this series:

SPs: The Sox starters are on absolute fire right now, and the Angels rotation is in disarray. Contreras, Buehrle, Garland, & Garcia vs Byrd (on 3 days rest), Lackey (on 3 days rest), Santana, and who knows if Washburn or Colon will be back.

RPs: The Angels pen is VERY good, but will their SP problems affect the pen? Will Scioscia move Escobar into the rotation? Shields had a rough game 4 in NY, and as their setup guy, he has to perform to get the ball to K-Rod. The Sox pen is much stronger (as long as Marte doesn't see action) and everyone has a defined role. Donnelly is not the guy he was in 2002, and Frankie has the same problem that Jenks has sometimes - if you can hit their fastballs, you can hit them A LONG WAY.

offense: What can you say about Vlad Guererro that hasn't been said before? Using the same strategy with him that the Sox used with Ortiz & Ramirez is the key. The rest of the Angels' offense is a line-drive, manufacture runs lineup. Aside from Anderson & Molina (when healthy), they don't hit that many homers. Figgins works a lot like Pods does for the Sox - he is the tablesetter, and he can run. The Yankees did a fairly good job at keeping him off base. Cabrera & Erstad have had some clutch hits lately.

defense: Both teams are terrific defensively, and I expect this series to be good in the field. Cabrera is amazing at SS, and Erstad makes jaw-dropping plays at first seem mundane. Finley (or Figgins) covers a lot of ground in Center, but Anderson at times seems lazy or tired in Left. Vlad is above average in Right, but his arm is one of the best ever. What can I say about the Sox defense that we all don't already know? This infield is maybe the best I've ever seen, and our outfield ain't bad either.

managers: Everything Ozzie is touching turns to magic right now. Scioscia, despite my misgivings about his tendency to fall alseep in the middle of the season, is an awesome X's and O's guy. He clearly outmanaged Dusty Baker in the 2002 World Series, and cannot be underestimated.

In short, I am totally looking forward to this series. The wild card will be the Angels' starting rotation. Without Bart and Washburn, I expect it to be really tough for them - which makes me very happy. Watch out for the rally monkey (hopefully Fox will show us some of the monkey entrance videos - they're hilarious!)

Sox in 6. Get ready to hit those sirens!!

Good analysis. Any word on Washburn or Colon for the series? Escobar pitched quite a bit today, so I don't see how he can start Game Two. I wonder if they try Colon in Game Two, since he hardly threw any pitches tonight. That would be only if his shoulder was OK, of course.

Banix12
10-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Angels fan sites similar to WSI?

I looked around for one. Doesn't seem to exist. This is the only message board I could find that had a decent amount of people posting.

http://mb3.scout.com/fanaheimangelsfrm1

CJLove23
10-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Huh...:?: The Angel's fans were just as upset with the bias in commentary, I wonder what the heck the announcers are going to do without any east coast action? Are they now forced to be neutral?

PeteWard
10-11-2005, 02:37 AM
He clearly outmanaged Dusty Baker in the 2002 World Series, and cannot be underestimated.

There are garden gnomes that are known to have outmanaged the Dustman.

But you are right and I suspect a tough, tough series with the Sox winning in 6.

Lillian
10-11-2005, 07:40 AM
What worries me most is the running game. I fear that the Angels may turn the tables on us. Scotty Pods has not been running well since that injury, and I doubt that he is 100%. Molina is very good at throwing out runners.
On their side, Figgins is very good, and AJ is only average at throwing out runners. Moreover, we all know that Freddy and Jose are both very bad when it comes to holding runners on.
The best solution is to not let Figgins on base!

BeviBall!
10-11-2005, 07:45 AM
The best solution is to not let Figgins on base!

This is the key to the series. Just like Boston, don't let the top of the order on base. Figgins will tear up Contreras on the basepaths, if he gets on. Then, you can be careful with Anderson and Vlad.

wdelaney72
10-11-2005, 08:28 AM
I'm glad it's not the Yankees. Was it just me, or did that kid Santana pitching get squeezed at the plate? Meanwhile, lots of outside corner strikes for Mike Mussina.

MsSoxVixen22
10-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I personally like our chances alot. We are well rested and have the fireballin Cuban (AKA Jose Contreras) on the bump. I think the Halos will put up a helluva fight but they're pretty beat up and no doubt tired. I think we'll be fine and I'm sure the Sox aren't cocky about playing the Halos or anybody else for that matter. They're taking this one day at a time, one team at a time and eventually Chicago by storm. I don't think we'll be hearing much of ANYTHING from the so called "commentators." :wink: GO SOX! I can just see the papers now.....FALLEN ANGELS. (should that be in teal?) :D:

harwar
10-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I really wanted to beat the yankees to advance to the world series but i'll take the angels.I really hate west coast teams though.
That Santana kid scares me to death.Other than that i think we will have fun.

WSoxFanForever
10-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Huh...:?: The Angel's fans were just as upset with the bias in commentary, I wonder what the heck the announcers are going to do without any east coast action? Are they now forced to be neutral?
Maybe they'll fall asleep from boredom. Actually, I sensed an anger at the Angels for beating their beloved Yanks and I thin they are cheering for us now because of that. They are really doing a job on the Angels. "THey didn't win, NYY lost it" sort of thing. They didn't like when we beat the other Sox, but the Yanks are their favs so they're REALLY ticked at the Angels. I'm predicting W Sox in 7--and a very tough fight. The Yankees would have been easier.

skobabe8
10-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm really nervous about this series, but arent you supposed to be about every series in the post season? No way it will be "easy". Nothing ever comes easy for the Sox (how many 1 run games this year?).

That being said, Sox in 6.......because I'll be there! :bandance:

Fenway
10-11-2005, 10:24 AM
This has been set up very nicely for the White Sox. Anaheim's rotation is in shreds......

I think Chicago in five

bevrat
10-11-2005, 10:57 AM
This is it. It's go time. Time to feast on angel food. Sox park is going to be up for grabs tonight....I just wish I was going. :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

boiler up
10-11-2005, 11:03 AM
me too

maybe the sox will be able to hear me screaming through my tv in detroit

GoSoxGo22
10-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I will be there, I can't wait! 13 rows from the field, down the first base line. 7pm won't get here fast enough.

GO SOX!!!!!!

batmanZoSo
10-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I like our team a lot for some reason. Not only have they had the talent all year, but now they just seem like they're gonna do it. You can see it in their faces. Whatever they need, they're gonna get. Ever since the Cleveland series they've been a different team and I've had a lot of confidence in them. Before that...yeah, let's just move on from there.

Chicago White Sox 2005
No one can stop us...
not even God!

fuzzy_patters
10-11-2005, 11:23 AM
According to an article from mlb.com, Washburn's strep throat means we could be facing either rookie Joe Saunders or long reliever Kevin Gregg. They also list Santana as probable for game four because of the Colon injury. Very interesting! Could it be tee time?

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051011&content_id=1245912&vkey=ps2005news&fext=.jsp

soxwon
10-11-2005, 10:29 PM

Sox in 5....

i spoke way too soon, from now on no more predictions.
we sucked tonight, plain and simple.

PAPChiSox729
10-11-2005, 10:31 PM
i spoke way too soon, from now on no more predictions.
we sucked tonight, plain and simple.

Baseball is a great game.
:D:

soxwon
10-19-2005, 10:15 PM

Ahh Who predicted sox in 5?.
Da reverand Right again as usual.