PDA

View Full Version : World Series Tickets?

Madvora
10-10-2005, 05:23 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but will the general public have any access to World Series tickets?
Does anyone know if these will be released to Ticketmaster like the ALDS and ALCS ones were?

If that is the case, you would have to expect them to go on sale sometime this week, I would assume.

Chrisaway
10-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I may hatfa break the bank account for this.

TheDarkGundam
10-10-2005, 05:30 PM
well, stubhub seems to think they're already for sale (which they're not) and is selling them for ungodly prices ($1500 each, yeeesh!)

Madvora
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
well, stubhub seems to think they're already for sale (which they're not) and is selling them for ungodly prices ($1500 each, yeeesh!)
Wow, good find.
Does that mean that the season ticket holders have them already?

havelj
10-10-2005, 05:34 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=885649&postcount=8

SoxFan78
10-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Wow, good find.

Season ticket holders received all of their post season tickets back in the middle of September.

steff
10-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Wow, good find.

Yes. We've had them for weeks.

psyclonis
10-10-2005, 06:06 PM
"Note: a convenience fee of $6.00 per ticket and order fee of $8.00 shall apply."

Were fees this much for the ALCS?
Seems like a scam since they just send you "e-tickets"
They should sell the tickets at the Cell, this online stuff is stupid...

RealFan
10-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Well - I feel like an idiot because I have become part of the problem. I bought two tickets to tomorrow's game on eBay for basically much more than I can really afford. I rationalized it all day and night. It is the only game I will attend in person (I won't buy anymore tickets) and I feel like I had to be there for at least one game of this run. I have zippo connections and am never the first to be called to go to a game, so I had to choose to buy through a scalper or forego the experience. I chose the former.

soxfanreggie
10-10-2005, 06:43 PM
$14 in "fees" Good gosh, you're already paying through the nose for parking, some people with gas too and from, concessions...ah the joys of postseason baseball. I don't think I could afford going to a World Series game right now (although I was lucky enough to go to a game of the ALDS, so my hope is we return early and often. When I graduate college then, I can't wait to go to many more games.

HITMEN OF 77
10-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm flying in for the WS if they go. If anyone has extra tx for the WS lower's or bleachers and wants to sell them please PM me. I'm traveling 2100 miles for this. You will be rewarded :D:

cheeses_h_rice
10-10-2005, 07:56 PM
From the Cardinals' website:

2005 World Series tickets go on sale Saturday, October 15 at 9:00am. The National League will host games 3, 4, & 5 (if necessary) in the best-of-seven Fall Classic. The games would be played on Tuesday, October 25, Wednesday, October 26 and Thursday, October 27.

Fans will have two options to try and secure World Series tickets, with approximately 12,000 tickets available for sale (4,000 per game). The registration period begins Monday, October 10th at 8 a.m. CT and runs until Wednesday, October 12th at 11 a.m. CT.

FANS WILL BE LIMITED TO A PURCHASE OF TWO TICKETS FOR ONE OF THREE POSSIBLE HOME GAMES, BASED UPON AVAILABILITY.

Only 4000 individual tickets per game, and a limit of 2 tickets for only one game? I realize the Cardinals have more season ticket holders than the White Sox, but this does not bode well for the availability of WS tickets to the general public at the Cell.

:(:

peeonwrigley
10-10-2005, 08:05 PM
From the Cardinals' website:

Only 4000 individual tickets per game, and a limit of 2 tickets for only one game? I realize the Cardinals have more season ticket holders than the White Sox, but this does not bode well for the availability of WS tickets to the general public at the Cell.

:(:

I think the Cards have a much higher capacity (49,676 per seatdata.com), as well. Ours sits around 40,000 post-renevations. I would venture to guess World Series tickets in Chicago will be extremely scarce to the "common man."

Hopefully, the corporate big wigs, etc that MLB hordes tickets for won't want anything to do with our dangerous neighborhood and fans.