PDA

View Full Version : ALCS umpires announced

Kogs35
10-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Game One
Umpire
Previous LCS Worked
HP Jerry Crawford10 (1980, '83, '85, '90, '93, '95, '96, '99, '01, '03)
1B Doug Eddings(First LCS)
2B Ted Barrett(First LCS)
3B Ron Kulpa(First LCS)
LF Ed Rapuano4 (1999, '00, '02, '04)
RF Randy Marsh6 (1989, '92, '95, '00, '02, '04)

MUsoxfan
10-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I like it. Again, there's no Froemming or Wendelstedt. That's all I care about when it comes to ump crews

ChiSoxRowand
10-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I like it. Again, there's no Froemming or Wendelstedt. That's all I care about when it comes to ump crews

I second that.

Mickster
10-10-2005, 04:39 PM

They're saving them for the World Series.... :redneck

Iwritecode
10-10-2005, 04:46 PM
RF Randy Marsh6 (1989, '92, '95, '00, '02, '04)

Isn't that Stan's dad?

:cool:

daveeym
10-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Isn't that Stan's dad?

:cool: Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart.

Garland_IS_God
10-10-2005, 04:52 PM
They're saving them for the World Series.... :redneck

DONT YOU SAY THAT!!! :D:

JackParkman
10-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Umping crews announced:

{ALCS, NLCS umpire crews chosen}
NEW YORK (AP) — Jerry Crawford will serve as crew chief for the AL championship series that starts Tuesday night and Tim McClelland will head the NLCS umpiring crew.
Crawford will be working in his 20th postseason, and will call balls and strikes for Game 1 at Chicago. The White Sox will host the winner of Monday night’s game between the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Angels.
Crawford’s six-man crew will include Doug Eddings, Ted Barrett, Ron Kulpa, Ed Rapuano and Randy Marsh.
McClelland will be handling his 13th postseason assignment. He’ll be behind the plate Wednesday night when Houston plays at St. Louis.
Greg Gibson, Wally Bell, Phil Cuzzi, Larry Poncino and Gerry Davis will work on McClelland’s crew.
Umpires for the World Series will be announced later.

FielderJones
10-10-2005, 05:17 PM
The name is unfamiliar to me, which is a good thing.

hawkjt
10-10-2005, 05:29 PM
I prefer the other crew but Crawford is ok. Barret is a jerk who looks for trouble. I think we had one run-in with him in recent years. Otherwise ok. Definitely could be worse.

Brian26
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Haven't we had a run-in with McClelland before too? It all becomes fuzzy after awhile.

hawkjt
10-10-2005, 05:36 PM
No ,McClelland is the best ump in the league. He grabbed the infamous Sammy corked bat at that game and made sure it got safely to the umps room. No the hot tempered Ted Barret has thrown out ozz I believe.

Stroker Ace
10-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I like it. Again, there's no Froemming or Wendelstedt. That's all I care about when it comes to ump crewsSame here.

SOXintheBURGH
10-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart.

I'm sorry I thought this was America! What!? Oh, oh I'm sorry I thought this was America!

DumpJerry
10-10-2005, 06:06 PM
They can't do the games. They were named the new Bench Coach and Manager respectively for the A's last week by Beane.

BeviBall!
10-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I second that.

Third it.

antitwins13
10-10-2005, 07:07 PM

Couldn't agree more. Wedelstedt would just love a chance to screw Ozzie and Sox fans.

cubhater
10-10-2005, 07:36 PM
No ,McClelland is the best ump in the league. He grabbed the infamous Sammy corked bat at that game and made sure it got safely to the umps room. No the hot tempered Ted Barret has thrown out ozz I believe.

McClelland also umped he George Brett 'pine tar' game and, IIRC, when Joey Belle got caught using a corked bat against us in the mid-90s. He's got an eye out for cheaters!:cool:

Wasn't it Brendan Donnelly who got caught earlier this year with a foreign substance or doctoring the ball?

shoota II
10-11-2005, 01:01 AM
I don't who umpired game 3 of the ALDS, but I respect him for not ejecting Ozzie when he was riding him hard over balls and strikes when Marte was pitching. The ump could have put Ozzie away wet but instead just warned him by taking off his mask. That ump knew how important a playoff game is, and allowed Ozzie a much longer leash.

Although if this ALCS crew wants to eject Ozzie anytime Marte is warming, I will support it.

shoota II
10-11-2005, 01:04 AM

I have negative word association reading those names, but I forget why. I'm sure one is the ump who wouldn't award Crede first base after being hit by a pitch, but I'm not sure which ump did that.

I also have a negative feeling about Brian Gorman for some reason. I can't think of the specific situation, but I remember Hawk saying something like, "Oh no Brian Gorman," or "No way Brian Gorman." Do you remember that or am I mistaken?

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-11-2005, 01:10 AM
I have negative word association reading those names, but I forget why. I'm sure one is the ump who wouldn't award Crede first base after being hit by a pitch, but I'm not sure which ump did that.

I also have a negative feeling about Brian Gorman for some reason. I can't think of the specific situation, but I remember Hawk saying something like, "Oh no Brian Gorman," or "No way Brian Gorman." Do you remember that or am I mistaken?
IIRC, Gorman was the umpire who tossed Buehrle in Baltimore, which snapped Buehrle's huge streak of starts with 6 IP or more.

MUsoxfan
10-11-2005, 01:11 AM

Wendelstedt is the guy that wouldn't award Crede the base. Gorman was the guy that tossed Buehrle after hitting a guy with no warnings issued

shoota II
10-11-2005, 01:21 AM
IIRC, Gorman was the umpire who tossed Buehrle in Baltimore, which snapped Buehrle's huge streak of starts with 6 IP or more.

:angry: That's him.

BNLSox
10-11-2005, 02:49 AM
Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart.:rolling:

You got SERVED! LOL!

Hokiesox
10-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Wendelstedt is the guy that wouldn't award Crede the base. Gorman was the guy that tossed Buehrle after hitting a guy with no warnings issued

I was 4th row for that game. Still inexcusable. :angry::angry:

hawkjt
10-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Sorry I got no respect for Wegner from game 3. He squeezed the hell out of Damaso and Duque. Damaso's stint could have been completely differant if he had a reasonable strike zone. He sucked and he knew it so he did not kick Oz out.