PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Sox have signed a new pitcher?

Erik The Red
10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I didn't see another thread about this, so merge please if necessary.

While browsing the nyyfans.com forums, I noticed this thread (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=89876). I'm unable to confirm this as I'm not near a radio and have no speakers on this computer to listen online. I don't know the rules regarding free agent negotiations, but this all sounds like BS to me. I've never heard of a team signing a player in the midst of a playoff run.

Chisox003
10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
The first guy that came to my mind was the same guy they're talking about, that Korean/Japanese pitcher who said back in ST that he would like to play for the White Sox

Why sign someone now, I have no idea

HotelWhiteSox
10-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Hmmm, well there'd be no chance of it being for the postseason roster, and the Sox don't really need a pitcher other than maybe more bullpen help that can never hurt. I'll turn on the radio and let you know, but Silvy and Carmen ends at noon (5 min)

Madvora
10-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Stop this thread right now!

This is a complete misunderstanding. Carmen was just talking about the day he heard of the Hernandez signing this winter. He had an inside source and he heard about it the day before it happened, but they never told him the name.

He has retold this story before.

Erik The Red
10-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Ahh, thanks. Mods, feel free to lock, delete, etc. this thread.