PDA

View Full Version : This article really ticked me off.

Cat Thief
10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I normally don't take time to respond to these idiots but I couldn't let this one go.

http://www.swnewsherald.com/online_content/2005/10/101005rh_parking.php

chisoxfan64
10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
What a stroke.

clean
10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
This guy is a total idiot. He wrote some terrible articles a while back knocking the white sox and knocking naperville. Needless to say, my email to him started out "I am a White Sox fan from Naperville...":angry:

Ol' No. 2
10-10-2005, 12:02 PM
He complains about parking at USCF, then waxes poetic about being able to park at Wrigley??? :kukoo:

itsnotrequired
10-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Wow, that one is pretty bad.

There is not enough parking. And that might explain why on the second game of the White Sox hurricane against the Boston Red Sox, there were only 40,799 fans in the stadium.

The new stadium, completed in 1991, was designed to hold 44,321, although for some reason with renovations the capacity numbers have dipped since. Still, you could see patches of blue seats that were not filled at Wednesday’s Game 2 of the division battle.

Only 40,799 fans? Official capacity is 40,615. What does he want, people hanging out on the field?

And all it would have taken was a phone call to the front office to find out this mysterious "some reason" as to why capacity went down with the renovations.

And as far as parking is concerned, does he honostly believe Wrigley is some type of parking dream?:?:

Sure, they have “gourmet food” on the main floor level for the big shots from the close-up ticket seating.

But for the rest of us in the nose bleed section “I have never been so close to the fire works before” – we had to settle for brats and kosher dogs.

I too am outraged! I demand nothing less than 7-course meals at a ballpark! Here I am, stuck in the upper deck eating a un-baseball-like hot dog while everyone in the lower deck dines on lobster and truffles.:rolleyes:

Cat Thief
10-10-2005, 12:09 PM
I told him all he had to do was go the Sox website on how to proceed for overflow parking. I asked him what food is available in the lower and not the upper. His response:

Thanks for your comments. The parking situation there Sox, err sucks! The web site is worthless.

I was there more than an hour before the game ...

And, you must be jealous that a stupid Cubs fan got to go

Still, I appreciate your comments and opinions

The funny thing is that in my original email I said nothing about stupid Cub fans! He said it himself!!!! *****.

Also, I informed him that I was at Game 1 and 2. and that I will be there tomorrow.

antitwins13
10-10-2005, 12:09 PM
He's being and unspecified type of bag.

Uncle_Patrick
10-10-2005, 01:06 PM
He complains about parking at USCF, then waxes poetic about being able to park at Wrigley??? :kukoo:

I was just about to comment on that. *** is he talking about? When did it become so easy to park around Wrigley? At least US Cellular has parking lots. He probably showed up sometime after the game started.

SOXintheBURGH
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
<Insert incredibly overused chunks tag>

SoxFan78
10-10-2005, 01:15 PM
I was just about to comment on that. *** is he talking about? When did it become so easy to park around Wrigley? At least US Cellular has parking lots. He probably showed up sometime after the game started.

This guy is a idiot. Yeah, im sure he got there a hour before hand. I can't even believe he infers that parking at Wrigley is much easier then Comiskey. Give me a break!

skottyj242
10-10-2005, 01:22 PM
WOW, that was a terrible article. If you hate parking so much, learn to use public transportation.

Gavin
10-10-2005, 01:24 PM
If this isn't a "Ya' know what really grinds my gears?" article, I don't know what is.

DumpJerry
10-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh, he's more than an idiot. He used to be political hack around City Hall, but got banned for being stupid. Kept wanting to run for County Commissioner, but nobody would support him. That's pretty bad.

Now he has his own PR Firm (nobody would hire him) and he hacks off in a suburban newspaper where everyone ignores him.

White Sox Randy
10-10-2005, 01:54 PM
This guy is not a sportswriter. He has been writing for the Daily Herald for years. This is not even bad compared to what he normally writes about.

The guy is a pro-palestinan Arab that has been writing articles defending the suicide bombings against Israel for many years. This guy is as twisted as they come. He is known for comletely manufacturing "facts".

He has no professional credibility. He even tries a standup comedy act. The guy is a real loser.

SOXintheBURGH
10-10-2005, 01:57 PM
This guy is not a sportswriter. He has been writing for the Daily Herald for years. This is not even bad compared to what he normally writes about.

The guy is a pro-palestinan Arab that has been writing articles defending the suicide bombings against Israel for many years. This guy is as twisted as they come. He is known for comletely manufacturing "facts".

He has no professional credibility. He even tries a standup comedy act. The guy is a real loser.

Careful!

buehrle4cy05
10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
:dumbass:

Another example of how you can write without letting the facts get in your way.

itsnotrequired
10-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh, he's more than an idiot. He used to be political hack around City Hall, but got banned for being stupid. Kept wanting to run for County Commissioner, but nobody would support him. That's pretty bad.

Now he has his own PR Firm (nobody would hire him) and he hacks off in a suburban newspaper where everyone ignores him.

Well, I guess I'm not as annoyed then. For a professional journalist or columnist to use "some reason" as an explaination why things are the way they are, with no disclaimers or attempts to provide the reader with some insight is crappy writing. I don't care if it is some small-time suburban paper or the New York Times, it is just inexcusable.

It would be like writing a recap to a sporting event and throwing in some lines like "In the third quarter, I went to use the restroom so I'm not sure what happened then. All I know is that the home team had scored by the time I got back to my seat."

scottjanssens
10-10-2005, 02:49 PM
I got into a lot 30 minutes before gametime no problem. I wasn't in traffic for more than 20 minutes if that. As a ticket holder I had a parking pass which for some reason he doesn't seem to think I had. If he didn't get a media pass, well we've already established he's a moron.

He does have a point about the food. I would love to be able to get the 300 level nachos on the main or upper decks. But if he wants the scout seat buffet, he should pony up for it. He should check out Shea stadium if he thinks food options are limited at Comiskey. Brats and hot dogs?! At a baseball game?!

Maybe I should ditch writing fiction and become a sports writer. All I need to figure out is how to stop thinking.