PDA

View Full Version : Tickets released day of game

ozzman
10-10-2005, 12:41 PM
I know that they will release some tickets tomorrow most likely. Does anyone have an idea at what time they usually do this or what time the box office opens in the morning to check?

steff
10-10-2005, 01:07 PM
I know that they will release some tickets tomorrow most likely. Does anyone have an idea at what time they usually do this or what time the box office opens in the morning to check?

No, they wont. The BO wasn't even open during the DS.

ozzman
10-10-2005, 01:10 PM
:(:

BRDSR
10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
MLB controls the tickets for the post-season as opposed to the White Sox controlling tickets for the regular season, so things are done differently. As one person already said, the box office doesn't even open. No tickets will be released.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
MLB controls the tickets for the post-season as opposed to the White Sox controlling tickets for the regular season, so things are done differently. As one person already said, the box office doesn't even open. No tickets will be released.

IIRC there was a new feature of a White Sox fan who waited in line at Fenway to pick up extra seats released on Friday. This doesn't mean it will or will not happen here. I checked Ticketmaster to see if any orders that were cancelled due to CC problems or more than 4 ticket rule were released but I had no luck.

I doubt tickets will open up but you never know.

The cubs released tickets during the year the night before for tickets held / reserved for players and other guests. I was able to pick up good box seats for two White Sox games in May.

steff
10-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Sigh...

MLB controls the CS and WS. The Sox get the tickets that were ordered for Will Call pick up and that's it. No extras.

As for the May game... that was a regular season game.

pudge
10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
BTW, anyone have any idea what the plan will be for the World Series? Will they presell on Thursday again or wait this time?

havelj
10-10-2005, 02:42 PM
BTW, anyone have any idea what the plan will be for the World Series? Will they presell on Thursday again or wait this time?

The Cardinals are selling theirs on Saturday. To get an idea on prices (and register for tickets in St. Louis), click on link:

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stl/ticketing/world_series_tickets.jsp

Bum
10-10-2005, 02:52 PM
But realize the price bracket shown on the Cardinals site (which peaks at $150) is for the worst 10% seats in the house. They only are offering 4,000 tickets per game to the public.

anewman35
10-10-2005, 02:52 PM
The Cardinals are selling theirs on Saturday. To get an idea on prices (and register for tickets in St. Louis), click on link:

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stl/ticketing/world_series_tickets.jsp

I sort of wish we'd do the "register" thing. At least you wouldn't have to sit at a computer for an hour just to not get anything.

mandmandm
10-10-2005, 02:54 PM
I wish the Sox would have a ticket lottery like the Cardinals. I put my name in for their lottery. Not too bad of a drive from Chicago.

CHISOXFAN13
10-10-2005, 03:00 PM
I wish the Sox would have a ticket lottery like the Cardinals. I put my name in for their lottery. Not too bad of a drive from Chicago.

I did, too. And I will attempt to get tickets through the Astros site whatever option they choose.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Ticket prices for the ALCS are Falling.

Chances for White Sox fans to get tickets are rising!

Give them hell White Sox fans!!!

Gavin
10-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Where are they falling?

Ticket prices for the ALCS are Falling.

Chances for White Sox fans to get tickets are rising!

Give them hell White Sox fans!!!

mandmandm
10-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Not sure this is for a new thread but does anyone know if you buy tickets from Stub Hub are you guaranteed to get a refund should the game not be played. I thought I read that ticketmaster automatically refunded the credit card used to purchase the seats. How would stubhub purchasers get their money back?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Where are they falling?

Various ticket brokers (you can search the local / national ones). If you are patient you should be able to get tickets for far less than what people were asking for late last week / this weekend. If the Yankees win you will see the tickets go up but Anaheim doesn't travel well and there are not too many Angel fans in the area.

Good luck, don't over pay and enjoy the game!!!

Law11
10-10-2005, 04:32 PM

I have a friend who has 4 season tickets to St. Louis and is giving me 2
if we match up next.. Road trip!!

But lets win 4 more first baby!!!

pudge
10-10-2005, 04:43 PM
They only are offering 4,000 tickets per game to the public.

How is this possible? I realize there are promotional tickets and season ticket holders, but only 4000 to the general public?? Seems nuts!

ericiii
10-10-2005, 05:00 PM
How is this possible? I realize there are promotional tickets and season ticket holders, but only 4000 to the general public?? Seems nuts!

Since this is the last year of Busch stadium and they were in the World Series last year, the Cardinals probably sold quite a few season tickets this year. I wonder if statistics for team season ticket sales are posted anywhere on the internet.