PDA

View Full Version : UD Partially obstructed seats - bad as they sound?

SoxRox
10-10-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking about buying UD tix that are listed as "partially obstructed". Has anyone sat in similar seats before? Are you stuck behind the UD roof support beams?

Would like to know what to expect before I buy.

Thanks,

SoxRox

CHISOXFAN13
10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
You will have certain views limited by the beams, but I don't think it's all that bad.

My friends and I have a system when we get stuck up here. Take turns sitting in each of the seats we have.

scottjanssens
10-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Depends on the individual seat really. Also, depending on the section the obstruction could be the foul pole and not a beam.

Law11
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Depends on the individual seat really. Also, depending on the section the obstruction could be the foul pole and not a beam.

Or maybe just a guy with one of those big cowboy foam hats...

ChiSoxMTR
10-10-2005, 12:34 PM
I sat in Section 555 Row 14 for Game 1 and they were fine. I don't think you'll find very many spots with obstructed views.

ChicagoHoosier
10-10-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm in row 19 for game 2 and it warns that I may have an obstructed view. Probably a beam, but I'm hoping it's not the way of any action. It's not nearly as bad as Wrigley's beams in the 200 section.

Huisj
10-10-2005, 12:53 PM
The beams in the upper deck all are in the aisles, aren't they? They aren't like in some old stadiums where the come down right in the middle of a row and you could have one directly in front of your seat. I sat in the top row of the UD earlier this year, and I didn't find them to be so bad really.

Sad
10-10-2005, 01:24 PM
The beams in the upper deck all are in the aisles, aren't they? They aren't like in some old stadiums where the come down right in the middle of a row and you could have one directly in front of your seat. I sat in the top row of the UD earlier this year, and I didn't find them to be so bad really.

yes
the row they are in is missing 1 or 2 seats as I recall

peeonwrigley
10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I've got seats like that for one of the games. If they're bad can I just stand on the Fundamentals deck?

CHISOXFAN13
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I've got seats like that for one of the games. If they're bad can I just stand on the Fundamentals deck?

You sure can. I stood there in game two. The deck does have a no alcohol policy, though.

daveeym
10-10-2005, 01:47 PM
I sat in Section 555 Row 14 for Game 1 and they were fine. I don't think you'll find very many spots with obstructed views. Oh dang are you kidding me? Those are obstructed view? Cuz that's what I got for game 1. Oh well, still will be awesome.

Gavin
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
By pure spectualation and eyeballing the stadium via the panaramic views from the Whitesox.com site, I figure the beams are around the 18/19/20 rows, in varying seat locations.

Sad
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
By pure spectualation and eyeballing the stadium via the panaramic views from the Whitesox.com site, I figure the beams are around the 18/19/20 rows, in varying seat locations.

yeah I want to say 18
I was in 19 for ALDS game #1 & I think they were the next row down

Gavin
10-10-2005, 02:31 PM
21 total rows, beams at or around 18

IronFisk
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Here's the scoop...BEWARE "Obstructed View" in any row from 18 to 21 - ESPECIALLY in the corners of the UD. The beams start at 18 - I know this all too personally. Saw them play Twins last month (that near-sellout on Sat. night), and that's where my seats were (row 19 actually). HORRIBLE! They were on the aisle, and the pole COMPLETELY covered the infield for my seat, and just showed a peek of home plate in the other.

Since my son is 7, I just went to Fundamentals and hung out there for 5 innings. We did return, and sat in the middle of the row with a perfect view. However, DON'T expect to find many "emptys" for a playoff game.

You have been warned. :thumbsup:

shoota II
10-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Since my son is 7, I just went to Fundamentals and hung out there for 5 innings. We did return, and sat in the middle of the row with a perfect view. However, DON'T expect to find many "emptys" for a playoff game.

I have tickets in the 19th row of a far end of the upper deck. I'm wondering do you have to be with a kid to stand on the Fundamentals deck all game?

Any other ideas for watching the game if I have an obstructed view?

Thanks.

popilius
10-10-2005, 03:11 PM
I think 'obstructed view' might be that you can't see part of the field while sitting, not including any beams. In some parts of the UD, you have to stand up and look 'over the balcony' to see the foul line in the outfield.

:gulp:

scottjanssens
10-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm wondering do you have to be with a kid to stand on the Fundamentals deck all game?

No, you just need to get there before 10,000 other people do.

shoota II
10-11-2005, 12:18 AM
No, you just need to get there before 10,000 other people do.

Thank you.

"Does anyone know how to change a tire? I'll pay you to put the spare tire on... Okay, I'll give $20.00 for a response. Anyone? $20.00."

schmitty9800
10-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Not all obstructed view are horrible; I was fine sitting in one for one of the Cub games last year. I'd tell you exactly where but I can't remember exactly; we were last row of the ballpark, probably in 510 or so.

If your seats are that bad, I'd just look around for empties. You're bound to find a couple; for the DS game I went to there were 2 in our row.

OEO Magglio
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM
It really depends where you are. I was in 522 row 20 for the alds which are obstructed view and it's really not bad. I could see the pitcher, the batter and the rest of the field, the only thing I couldn't see was the grass right in between the mound and homeplate.

IronFisk
10-11-2005, 02:15 AM
It really depends where you are.

Yes it does. Again, I state the very corners of the park.

As for Fundamentals, no, you don't need a kid, but then again, it's a good excuse :tongue:.

Actually, that deck on the backside of the mini field offers and outstanding view, and fills up pretty quick. Maybe from other fans with an obstructed view.

Peace out.