PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the SOX fans that were at Midway

Hangar18
10-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Some media outlets are finally giving some INK and praise to the SOX fans that spontaneously showed up outside Midway to greet them on the way back from Boston on Saturday. It was awesome to see all the banners and signs people had made, and the Cheering they gave the players. Apparently, police officers in the area were also honking their horns.

This wasnt lost on the players during their workout today. Konerko and Rowand both thought it was the coolest thing.....the spontaneity of it all.

Cheers Sox Fans .............

Chips
10-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I should have went, I didn't much of anything yesterday until I saw Hairbangers Ball at Joe's Bar, and I live about 2 minutes from the airport. DAMN

LuvSox
10-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Awesome. We love them, they love us. I'm getting choked up..:whiner:

hsnterprize
10-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Hangar...

This season is a very special one for me considering it's the biggest chance I've got to spread my Sox love to my boys. My 3 and 2 year olds are starting to get some "Sox Fever", while my 10-month-old doesn't quite get it yet, but he's trying.

I was at that gathering, and I thought I was really neat to be a part of it. Older Sox fans were sharing with me what it was like back in '59. I talked with members of the press. I saw people mobbing people's cars when players were coming out. Simply put...it was nothing less than incredible.

If there's another such gathering, I'd love to meet you. I met a couple of WSIers after the Sox came home from Cleveland. I couldn't talk to any others while I was there this weekend since I was keeping an eye on the kids, but the WSIers who were there definitely weren't disappointed. I know I wasn't.

LongLiveFisk
10-10-2005, 06:23 AM
I went and I'm glad I did. Those guys deserved a great welcome home!! :D:

hose
10-10-2005, 06:26 AM
kudos to Sox fans:supernana: the players loved it.

tebman
10-10-2005, 06:39 AM
I went too, and it was because of WSI that I knew about it. It really was spontaneous. The 500 or so people who were there all had a great time. It's good to be among friends, and it was clear that the players were happy to see us too.

I'm enjoying every moment of this. :cheers:

LongLiveFisk
10-10-2005, 08:38 AM
I also just found out here at work that I did indeed get my few seconds of fame on the WGN 9 o'clock news (I think last night--I don't think they do it on Sat.). Too bad I didn't see it, but some people here did! :D:

Cellview22
10-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Did anyone see yesterday's Sun-Times? The front cover was a large picture of all the fans surrounding Konerko's car. It's definitely a keep-safe, especially since I'm on the front cover! :D:

Brian26
10-10-2005, 10:36 AM
It's definitely a keep-safe, especially since I'm on the front cover! :D:

And a keepsake :D:

boiler up
10-10-2005, 10:51 AM
post the pic from the paper