PDA

View Full Version : Greg Couch just finished off that last pesky bit of respect I had for him...

gf2020
10-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I really liked and respected Greg Couch for exposing the Cubs' scalping operation. His work on the Wheeler/Northwestern debacle has also been top notch.

That said, after reading Scott Reifert's latest blog entry, I am sickened by his tactics and ego in presuming to speak for us, the fan, after his doubting the team for the entire season.

You can read the entry here: http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com . But be prepared to be infuriated.
I don't want to get into a he said/she said over the Aaron/Greg conversation, but Greg today wrote that Aaron's reaction to his columns was "creepy" and "very sad." Now, I must assume that Greg doesn't think it is creepy or very sad to actually read all of his columns or even save them, so he must be referring to Aaron's using the printed word as motivation to prove someone wrong. Seems to me, this has been happening in sports and life for a very long time and will continue to happen well into the future. "This is a little strange, but very sad," Couch writes. "And it's also entirely unfair to White Sox fans."

I don't see the connection to Sox fans that Greg does, but maybe he feels better wrapping himself in the cloak of defending the fan (something another at his paper often claims to do). Personally, I think our fans do a very good job of defending themselves, thank you very much.

itsnotrequired
10-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Is Aaron Rowand the next Frank Thomas?:rolleyes: