PDA

View Full Version : Favorite images of playoffs SO FAR...

mike squires
10-09-2005, 10:47 PM
What are your favorite images of the playoffs so far. I've watched the Iguchi homerun many times and I love watching the two guys waving WhiteSox flags as the ball hit the bullpen, a girl with a green hat is hugging her significant other as he jumps up and down and the dude that is jumping up and down as the ball lands...all great images of the series. I also like a look on a guys face as it shows Uribe on first after the graffi error. HE's got his mouth open like...Oh My, I can't believe that just happened.

Also for those of you that were present...at what moment in the first two games were the crowd the loudest?

CaptainBallz
10-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm still lovin the shot of AJ tagging Damon after THE S.O.

I was at game two--loudest was definitely Iguchi's HR with Bobby Jenks coming out of the pen a close second.

DenverSock
10-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Konerko lifting his head after his home run in the final game in Boston. :supernana:

RetireWoodys28
10-09-2005, 11:24 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/poetrychurch/uribeHR.jpg

The aftermath of Uribe's game one HR. Priceless... just priceless!

Somewhere, Al Smith is smiling. But also, he's kinda wishing the guy in the 1st row had spilled his beer at this point.

bludupree
10-09-2005, 11:34 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/poetrychurch/uribeHR.jpg

The aftermath of Uribe's game one HR. Priceless... just priceless!

Somewhere, Al Smith is smiling. But also, he's kinda wishing the guy in the 1st row had spilled his beer at this point.

That or iguchi's homerun I would say were the loudest. I bruised both of my palms and lost my voice on Iguchi's.

Chips
10-09-2005, 11:38 PM
El Duque and AJ giving exchanging fists after the popup. I also like the enthusiam from El Duque and he came in from the pen. He had a look in his face and his body that he knew he was made for situations like that.

I think Iguchi's jack was the loudest, that and after the game was won. Both loud crowds.

J Co
10-09-2005, 11:53 PM
El Duque celebrating after the game...

The Dude
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
El Duque celebrating after the game...

That's my favorite so far and is also my background!

Domeshot17
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Bittersweet image here, but it summed up game 1.After Dye robbed Renteria of extra bases, ORtiz hit as ball that should be a double, PODS WAS INCHES AWAY FROM MAKING THE CATCH, but the ball got by him, however, Ortiz stopped running and took a step towards the dugout before seeing his team mates tellin him to run, That set the tone, it took him out of the series until game 3, and you could tell he had no idea how to respond to this kind of butt whoopin

chisoxmike
10-10-2005, 01:23 AM
I think the loudest was the final out of game 2 and the fans chanting sweep down the ramps after the game.

I love after game 2 the fans just cheering and high fiving coming out of the sections. Everybody was looking for someone to high five, it was great, people jumping and running down the concorse.

LuvSox
10-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Bittersweet image here, but it summed up game 1.After Dye robbed Renteria of extra bases, ORtiz hit as ball that should be a double, PODS WAS INCHES AWAY FROM MAKING THE CATCH, but the ball got by him, however, Ortiz stopped running and took a step towards the dugout before seeing his team mates tellin him to run, That set the tone, it took him out of the series until game 3, and you could tell he had no idea how to respond to this kind of butt whoopin

That was classic, but the Red Cubs fans love him in spite of stuff like that. Imagine if he was playing on the South Side and did that.

JohnBasedowYoda
10-10-2005, 01:25 AM
there was a pic the day after the sweep in the trib of garcia sitting alone in the dugout smoking one of the cigars. it's one of the coolest photos every. him sitting there in quiet reflection

LuvSox
10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
there was a pic the day after the sweep in the trib of garcia sitting alone in the dugout smoking one of the cigars. it's one of the coolest photos every. him sitting there in quiet reflection

I do that a lot, but I'm usually drunk in my garage thinking about changing the light bulbs.

chisoxmike
10-10-2005, 01:29 AM

And there was El Duque who was at the press conference after game 3 smoking on a cigar while Ozzie Jr. was translating for him to a reporter... El Duque was looking off and puffing away on that thing, a great image

Stroker Ace
10-10-2005, 01:38 AM
It would be great if these images were posted.:D:

sachin
10-10-2005, 01:47 AM
There is a scene on telvision of a man in a yellow shirt as the bearded man for Boston is called out. The man inthe yellow shirt is applauding before he realizes that the bearded man did not get on base, and then he displays a humourous perplxed expression on his face. My brother has laughed at it several times.

ChiSoxGirl
10-10-2005, 01:52 AM
I think the loudest was the final out of game 2 and the fans chanting sweep down the ramps after the game.

I love after game 2 the fans just cheering and high fiving coming out of the sections. Everybody was looking for someone to high five, it was great, people jumping and running down the concorse.

I had the same feelings after Game 2, Mike. As I told my co-workers the next day when they asked how the game was, I think I high-fived 100 people that night- 99 of which I didn't even know! The chants of "Let's Go White Sox!" and "Sweep!" were absolutely thunderous coming down those ramps. I wish I could've had a picture of all that, but I was so preoccupied that I didn't even think of pulling my camera out to capture those moments!

BainesHOF
10-10-2005, 02:19 AM
I'd say the loudest crowd reaction in Game 1 was for A.J.'s home run. It seemed like our playoff futility history was lifted with that one swing. Runner-up in that game was for Podsednik's homer. In Game 2, the loudest was for Iguchi's home run. The "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" singing was the loudest I've ever heard it when Clement was taken out in the opener.

The postgame atmosphere down the ramps and down 35th has indeed been awesome. The sound walking through the tunnel under the railroad tracks has been thunderous.

Kudos to everyone for having a blast without causing trouble. The great part is the best may be yet to come.

Steelrod
10-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Is there a site anywhere that has lots of post game pictures? I was at the game and didn't see any of our newscasts or newspapers. Thanks

dirty_k
10-10-2005, 11:07 AM
I was at both home games and best moment there was Podsednik's dinger.. a total surpise and locked up the victory (I know I was still nervous before that as the BoSox had all the offensive hype).
My favorite moment on tv was after the suicide squeeze seeing Ozzie's smile in the dugout.

skobabe8
10-10-2005, 11:15 AM
What are your favorite images of the playoffs so far. I've watched the Iguchi homerun many times and I love watching the two guys waving WhiteSox flags as the ball hit the bullpen, a girl with a green hat is hugging her significant other as he jumps up and down and the dude that is jumping up and down as the ball lands...all great images of the series. I also like a look on a guys face as it shows Uribe on first after the graffi error. HE's got his mouth open like...Oh My, I can't believe that just happened.

Also for those of you that were present...at what moment in the first two games were the crowd the loudest?

mike, I am right there with you buddy. Those exact images for me too. I watch that hr almost everyday on whitesox.com. First its the flags waving when the ball goes over the wall, followed by the kid at the bullpen fence jumping up and down over and over, then the shot of the couple hugging (girl in the green hat) and jumping up and down. Thats just pure jubilation. I think I love it so much because I was doing the exact same thing in sec. 507 at the time. You dont even have control of your emotions at a time like that.

PorkChopExpress
10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
My favorite moment on tv was after the suicide squeeze seeing Ozzie's smile in the dugout.

My favorite was also after the suicide squeeze, but was when Pierzynski popped up after his slide and made the "SAFE" sign with his hands as he's starts walking away from the plate. That said it all to me.

MrRoboto83
10-10-2005, 11:27 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-10/19873793.jpg

This is a good one I think

TomBradley72
10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Post clinch images at Fenway: Aaron spraying champagne on the fans, Rowand Podsednik almost speachless during interviews, KW cutting interviews short to get to "the guys", Buehrle spraying Ozzie as he gets interviewed...camera shows Ozzie running away.

The dugout reaction when El Duque got the final out.

Oh..what the hell...pretty much the whole 12 hours of stuff from the three games sitting on my TIVo right now. :cool:

skottyj242
10-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I loved it when Bobby came in the eighth inning of game two and the whole place got on their feet and chanted "Bobby...Bobby....Bobby."

JohnBasedowYoda
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
This is a good one I think

rowand is ripped

kaufsox
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I think my favorite image (thus far!) is of El Duque and AJ after Cpt. Caveman's strikeout. They were so pumped up and Berman had to shut up for 30 seconds. :bandance:

Dan Mega
10-10-2005, 03:59 PM
I think my favorite image (thus far!) is of El Duque and AJ after Cpt. Caveman's strikeout. They were so pumped up and Berman had to shut up for 30 seconds. :bandance:

I'm willing to bet he put his mic on mute to sulk and cry.

chisoxfanatic
10-10-2005, 06:17 PM
That or iguchi's homerun I would say were the loudest. I bruised both of my palms and lost my voice on Iguchi's.

I concur with that. The entire place was up for grabs after Iguchi hit that jack, until the stadium was cleared!