PDA

View Full Version : A proposition to Roger Bossard

nug0hs
10-09-2005, 07:33 PM
As everyone out there in White Sox Nation knows, we are blessed to have one of the best groundskeepers in pro sports, Mr. Roger Bossard. As I am currently watching the Yanks/Angels game from Yankee Stadium, I got to thinking...why don't the Sox do more to decorate the actual turf on the field? The Yankees, Tigers, etc. all have a GIANT rendering of their team's logos behind the plate in their home fields. It seems to me like the teams that use these logos get a lot more people to identify w/the team...I mean how many times have you seen that Detroit "D" or the Yankee's "NY" on hats worn by people who have very little baseball knowledge? Especially with the end of the renovations coming @ the Cell and our current situation with more national TV exposure, do you think its time to consider putting our logo on the turf behind the plate? There are so many historical Sox logos we could throw down there...anything from our current icon all the way back to the creation of the team. Personally, I think it would be super sweet if we were to put the 1917 logo behind the plate, esp. with its red-white-and-blue theme in this current 5 year span of increased patriotism. Your thoughts?

Daver
10-09-2005, 07:48 PM
There is no White Sox nation.

dickallen15
10-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Roger has done some decorating for the playoffs. Look real close, and you will see those splotches that were all over the outfield have been painted a dark green for the post season.

Hangar18
10-09-2005, 08:04 PM
do you think its time to consider putting our logo on the turf behind the plate?

For next season, id like to see this logo ............
Chicago White Sox 2005 World Champions

C-Dawg
10-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Roger has done some decorating for the playoffs. Look real close, and you will see those splotches that were all over the outfield have been painted a dark green for the post season.

Splotches? Like spilled paint?

anewman35
10-09-2005, 08:17 PM
It seems to me like the teams that use these logos get a lot more people to identify w/the team...I mean how many times have you seen that Detroit "D" or the Yankee's "NY" on hats worn by people who have very little baseball knowledge?

I highly doubt that having a logo behind the plate has ANYTHING to do with people wearing Detroit or New York hats.

TheOldRoman
10-09-2005, 09:26 PM
They weren't all over the outfield, but there were several light spots that came with the drought this year.
Roger didn't paint them, he removed them. He pulled out square areas of discolored grass and replaced them with new turf. This is done regularly on baseball fields (though Roger doesn't have to do it often), and it usually takes a couple of weeks until the new grass blends in with the rest of the field.

PAPChiSox729
10-09-2005, 09:40 PM
There is no White Sox nation.

:army