PDA

View Full Version : What happens if it rains again?

tifosiv122
10-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Yesterday's NYY/LAA game was postponed due to rain...according to my Mom in NJ, it is still pouring rain...which means there is a good chance it is raining hard in NY or will rain hard later tonight...so if it gets postponed again...what will happen?

They can't play a double header because LAA gets home field...so if they play NY on Monday...our ALCS can't start tuesday unless LA wins...

So will they push the ALCS back?

Erik

ilsox7
10-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Yesterday's NYY/LAA game was postponed due to rain...according to my Mom in NJ, it is still pouring rain...which means there is a good chance it is raining hard in NY or will rain hard later tonight...so if it gets postponed again...what will happen?

They can't play a double header because LAA gets home field...so if they play NY on Monday...our ALCS can't start tuesday unless LA wins...

So will they push the ALCS back?

Erik

Every news report out of NYC has said there shouldn't be an issue getting the game in tonight. And there is already talk of swapping the ALCS and NLCS if the Astros win today and the Yankees win today. But in the unlikely event that the Yankees game is rained out tonight, then there is no doubt the ALCS and NLCS will be swapped.

I just hope MLB isn't stupid enough to swap the two if both series go 5 games. Talk about screwing over the NL.