PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans at gm 3 of Pads/Cardinals

Hangar18
10-09-2005, 04:59 PM
at some point during the game a player hit a grounder that chopped foul down the firstbaseline and went into the stands .............only to be snagged by a guy wearing a White Sox Tshirt. The announcers then said "I think that was a Sox fan" The camera then cut back to the group and sure enough it was, the announcers laughed and said SOX fans were everywhere now or something to that extent, and that they were playing very well. The other announcer than made some nice comments about the SOX, when the camera then cut to yet ANOTHER SOX fan, this guy was in the UD somewhere on the railing, and he was wearing the 1919 navy blue hat, and you could see him mouthing the words "World Series" into camera .............the announcers were still in their sentence talking about the SOX when the camera had cut to this other sox fan "Theres another SOX fan!!" They laughed and then talked about 1919 and how we havnt won anything in a long time. I loved it, because of the fact there was a game going on at the same moment, and the 2 SOX fans stole the show for a few moments and the Media were forced to talk about us. Nice Job guys

JohnBasedowYoda
10-09-2005, 05:07 PM
rock.

If only as many sox fans would go to home games

SweetnesSox
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
that's sweet. Good to know the announcers didn't get the "Sox" emblem confused with the Red Sox one. Way to not be an ESPN tool!

JorgeFabregas
10-09-2005, 05:40 PM
They guy in the retro Sox cap seemed to be wearing a bizarre wig. :?:

Tannerfan
10-09-2005, 05:43 PM
My wife and I went to all three games vs. The Padres this year, and we're suprized by how many ex-Chicagoans we met in and around the park. Some were Padre season ticket holders, but their allegence was still with The White Sox or The Cubs. We agreed how great it would be if The Sox and Padres could meet in the series. We'll we are doing our part.

I_Liked_Manuel
10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
the guy with the navy blue hat looked like he came straight out of a trailer park. he's now got a permanent place on my friend's tivo.