PDA

View Full Version : "White Sox Prove Pundits Wrong" from MLB.com

JBJas42
10-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Don't see that anyone has posted this yet... fun article about how no one believed in our Sox before the season:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051008&content_id=1242982&vkey=ps2005news&fext=.jsp

My favorite prediction proved wrong:

Sports Illustrated (third ): "Unless an iffy rotation produces, small ball translates to a fall in the standings."

An "iffy" rotation? Who on earth other than SI thought we had an "iffy" rotation before this year? I understand that people were concerned about "small ball", but come on, we had 5 solid starters.

Erik The Red
10-09-2005, 10:34 AM
It's amazing, the idiocy of some mediots who were saying things like "The White Sox haven't won a playoff game since 1959." HELLO!!! 1993 ALCS, anyone?

Konerkoholic
10-09-2005, 11:28 AM
I enjoyed the article as well. It's amazing that those idiots at ESPN call themselves "experts." This whole season has been one big middle finger in the face of those clowns.

flo-B-flo
10-09-2005, 02:20 PM
In the Boston Globe today there was an excellent column by Nick Cafardo that nailed what happened in the Boston massacre.

SweetnesSox
10-09-2005, 04:50 PM
In the Boston Globe today there was an excellent column by Nick Cafardo that nailed what happened in the Boston massacre.
anyone have a copy?

PAPChiSox729
10-09-2005, 05:24 PM
An "iffy" rotation? Who on earth other than SI thought we had an "iffy" rotation before this year? I understand that people were concerned about "small ball", but come on, we had 5 solid starters.

Well if you think about it, it was made of Buehrle, Garcia, the underachieving Garland, the inconsistent Contreras, and an old El Duque. Even I had my questions about the rotation. I believed that it was a solid staff but I could understand why SI may have thought of it as being 'iffy'.