PDA

View Full Version : A Certain Calm...

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-09-2005, 09:16 AM
I read the ST this morning, with every sports mediot "praising" this team, the team mentality, Ozzie as a manager, etc etc etc....and I laughed out loud. I have not felt this calm and reserved since there was a 14 game lead before the ASB....and it's not arrogance. It borders on sadness, actually...where was all this confidence all season from the public? Where was the belief? Where was the long term vision?

One place - HERE. It's always been here. For that, WSI, HATS OFF TO US ALL.

Take Game 1, show the country that:

We. Still. Don't. Care.

Chips
10-09-2005, 09:48 AM
I read the ST this morning, with every sports mediot "praising" this team, the team mentality, Ozzie as a manager, etc etc etc....and I laughed out loud. I have not felt this calm and reserved since there was a 14 game lead before the ASB....and it's not arrogance. It borders on sadness, actually...where was all this confidence all season from the public? Where was the belief? Where was the long term vision?

One place - HERE. It's always been here. For that, WSI, HATS OFF TO US ALL.

Take Game 1, show the country that:

We. Still. Don't. Care.

With the exception of dark clouds like me.

FarWestChicago
10-09-2005, 11:45 AM
It borders on sadness, actually...where was all this confidence all season from the public? Where was the belief? Where was the long term vision?

One place - HERE. It's always been here. For that, WSI, HATS OFF TO US ALL.:?: :?: :?:

Are you serious? No, you can't be. This place was completely dominated by Dark Clouds. The few of us that believed in the Sox were regularly excoriated. There are post game threads from meaningless losses to KC that are longer than our clinching and playoff post game threads. This place was a disaster area and a nightmare for the staff. This is either serious revisionist history or you need to put down the:

:bong:

RKMeibalane
10-09-2005, 11:50 AM
:?: :?: :?:

Are you serious? No, you can't be. This place was completely dominated by Dark Clouds. The few of us that believed in the Sox were regularly excoriated. There are post game threads from meaningless losses to KC that are longer than our clinching and playoff post game threads. This place was a disaster area and a nightmare for the staff. This is either serious revisionist history or you need to put down the:

:bong:

I agree. This board has been dominated by the Dark Clouds and depressoid psychos for years. It has been going on since I've been here, and I don't imagine that things were any different before then. The FOHF have tried again and again to control this board, and there have been periods when they've all but taken complete control of the website. There were mornings I came here and found nothing but "the world is coming to an end" threads, or "this team will never win anything" rants.

Ol' No. 2
10-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I agree. This board has been dominated by the Dark Clouds and depressoid psychos for years. It has been going on since I've been here, and I don't imagine that things were any different before then. The FOHF have tried again and again to control this board, and there have been periods when they've all but taken complete control of the website. There were mornings I came here and found nothing but "the world is coming to an end" threads, or "this team will never win anything" rants.We need a FO-- dictionary. It took me a few minutes to figure out who FOHF was.:redneck

RKMeibalane
10-09-2005, 12:11 PM
We need a FO-- dictionary. It took me a few minutes to figure out who FOHF was.:redneck

FOBB: Friends of Billy Beane/jeremyb1
FOFT: Friends of Frank Thomas
FOGIDPK: Friends of (Grounded into double-play) Paul Konerko
FOHF: Friends of HomeFish
FOJM: Friends of Jerry Manuel
FOJR: Friends of Jerry Reinsdorf
FOLIP: Friends of Lip
FOMB: Friends of Mark Buehrle
FTALS: Frank Thomas Ass-licking Society

JohnBasedowYoda
10-09-2005, 01:28 PM
FOBB: Friends of Billy Beane/jeremyb1
FOFT: Friends of Frank Thomas
FOGIDPK: Friends of (Grounded into double-play) Paul Konerko
FOHF: Friends of HomeFish
FOJM: Friends of Jerry Manuel
FOJR: Friends of Jerry Reinsdorf
FOLIP: Friends of Lip
FOMB: Friends of Mark Buehrle
FTALS: Frank Thomas Ass-licking Society

i miss homefish. when i couldn't get a magnet schedule from the opener he mailed me one.

Here's to you homefish:gulp:

flo-B-flo
10-09-2005, 02:29 PM
I agree. This board has been dominated by the Dark Clouds and depressoid psychos for years. It has been going on since I've been here, and I don't imagine that things were any different before then. The FOHF have tried again and again to control this board, and there have been periods when they've all but taken complete control of the website. There were mornings I came here and found nothing but "the world is coming to an end" threads, or "this team will never win anything" rants. Well these words are true. I avoided WSI during the turbulence because of all the negative hysteria. Can the rain stormers at least now become aware of the up and down, rollercoaster ride that is beisbol?