PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf's Future With the Sox

RKMeibalane
10-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I started thinking about this earlier today. Is it possible that if the Sox win the World Series, Reinsdorf will decide to sell the team. I'm not trying to provoke an argument by bringing up that point, but I do think it's an issue worth considering. Rumors have been ciriculating that JR's wife has wanted him to sell for several years, and now that the Sox have a chance to get their hands on baseball's ultimate prize, I wonder if he might try to exit on a high note.

In other words...

:reinsy

"Is it time to 'Cell, sorry, sell? Your thoughts?"

Chips
10-08-2005, 08:12 PM
That would be the best time to sell, so from a financial standpoint, maybe he will.

santo=dorf
10-08-2005, 08:19 PM
He was asked what the first thing he would do if the Sox were to win the World Series, and he responded with "I'd asked my manager to come back, and then I'd try to win another one."

Chips
10-08-2005, 08:21 PM
He was asked what the first thing he would do if the Sox were to win the World Series, and he responded with "I'd asked my manager to come back, and then I'd try to win another one."

I have no problem with that, After we get this one, maybe JR can get us 5 more like he did with the Bulls.

fquaye149
10-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Reinsdorf makes a good amount of money on the Sox, from what I understand, and if he won the world series he would stand to make a lot more money. Especially since he claims to love baseball above all other sports, and especially because he would probably start being treated more cordially by the Chicago media and the White Flag and Strikegate holdouts, it's hard to see why he would want to sell.

dickallen15
10-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for him to sell. He is never going to sell the White Sox.

mike squires
10-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I don't think you'll get an argument from too many people on this site. Think Brooks wants to own a team?

Daver
10-08-2005, 09:19 PM
He can sell if he wants, he doesn't own enough of the team to make a substantial difference. The shareholders would have to pick a new managing partner, that is where the difference would be made.

Ol' No. 2
10-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Don't you mean cell?:redneck

soxfanreggie
10-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I wonder how much of the Sox and Bulls he actually owns.

Kogs35
10-08-2005, 10:32 PM
At least with the Sox more than he did with to begin with but he is nowhere near the majority owner. The first lower level suite on the 3rd base side is the suite of the majority owner. I don't know his name. He is a heavier guy who always seems to be leaning back. I don't think Reinsdorf would ever sell his shares and/or give up his position until he was physically or mentally not capable and until he was sure his son would become the managing partner. If you noticed, his son is the owner of several minor league teams in different sports, and has some sort of sports facility management company going. Seems like he may be the apprentice.

i can see it now. coming next fall to nbc The Apprentice: Jerry Reinsdorf :redneck

SOXSINCE'70
10-08-2005, 10:37 PM
i can see it now. coming next fall to nbc The Apprentice: Jerry Reinsdorf :redneck

:reinsy
"You're fired".:D: :D:

voodoochile
10-08-2005, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if he did sell after a championship. Especially with another round of labor negotiations coming up next summer and this time it could get really ugly...

milrtyme28
10-09-2005, 12:17 AM
JR cant sell the team without the ok from a number of other substantial investors. Besides, he did say that he would trade all 6 Bulls championships for ONE World Series win. :smile:

jdm2662
10-09-2005, 12:46 AM
I wonder how much of the Sox and Bulls he actually owns.

He only owns like 13% of both of the teams.

Clembasbal
10-09-2005, 12:12 PM
I hope not, so he sells on a high note and the team proves it is worth more money than in the past. The new owner spends more to get it, thus has to cut money in other places to remain a successful business. That means rebuild in my mind.

Baby Fisk
10-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for him to sell. He is never going to sell the White Sox.
Yup.