PDA

View Full Version : Most ever users online?

Chips
10-08-2005, 05:50 PM
What is most ever number of people on the site at one time? I know when I first lurked and then joined, the number under Forum Information said 1000+ on December 20th of 2004, but right now is says 494.

voodoochile
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
What is most ever number of people on the site at one time? I know when I first lurked and then joined, the number under Forum Information said 1000+ on December 20th of 2004, but right now is says 494.

The 1000+ was a glitch caused by a computer backup which allowed a large number of computer search programs calld "spiders" to back up on the server. When the system reloaded they all got dumped into the system at the same time and it caused a false reading for largest number of users online.

Can't do anything about the spiders, they are ever present, and the number didn't seem that big of an issue, but then the season got good and numbers of real users started climbing, so West decided to reload the system and see how high the number would go legitimately. Prior to the great spider flood the largest number was in the high 300's - I think the day the Sox signed Colon. So we are absolutely crushing those numbers anyway.

Ol' No. 2
10-08-2005, 09:37 PM
The 1000+ was a glitch caused by a computer backup which allowed a large number of computer search programs calld "spiders" to back up on the server. When the system reloaded they all got dumped into the system at the same time and it caused a false reading for largest number of users online.

Can't do anything about the spiders, they are ever present, and the number didn't seem that big of an issue, but then the season got good and numbers of real users started climbing, so West decided to reload the system and see how high the number would go legitimately. Prior to the great spider flood the largest number was in the high 300's - I think the day the Sox signed Colon. So we are absolutely crushing those numbers anyway.Wasn't the day of the Lee/Podsednik trade larger than that? I seem to recall some pretty ridiculous numbers.

voodoochile
10-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Wasn't the day of the Lee/Podsednik trade larger than that? I seem to recall some pretty ridiculous numbers.

I was guessing, so I don't recall. It is probably more recent than the Colon trade though. In fact now that I remember, I think the number was 424. For some reason that is sticking in my head.

gf2020
10-08-2005, 11:43 PM
"We're gonna need to watch that again."