PDA

View Full Version : Amusing (yet typical) WGN TV mistake last night.

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2005, 05:32 PM
WGN had Dan Roan in Fenway interviewing players after the game last night, and they showed Scott Podsednik as "White Sox Catcher." All of Monk's was pointing at the TV and just laughing at the mistake.

Is it really that hard to figure out where the 8 position starters on the White Sox play?

:?:

Chips
10-08-2005, 05:35 PM
WGN had Dan Roan in Fenway interviewing players after the game last night, and they showed Scott Podsednik as "White Sox Catcher." All of Monk's was pointing at the TV and just laughing at the mistake.

Is it really that hard to figure out where the 8 position starters on the White Sox play?

When they spend 12 months out of the year covering the Flubs, it's hard for them to recognize anyone wearing a White Sox jersey.

RKMeibalane
10-08-2005, 05:40 PM
When they spend 12 months out of the year covering the Flubs, it's hard for them to recognize anyone wearing a White Sox jersey.

Last season, Roan referred to Frank Thomas as Frank Thompson.

MisterB
10-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Wait, isn't A.J. Podzynski our catcher? Then where does Scott Piersednik play?

:rolleyes:

JohnBasedowYoda
10-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Dan roan looks like a copy of colonel blake from mash. albeit a less funny one
http://members.tripod.com/~StumpJ/henry.jpg

TornLabrum
10-08-2005, 06:32 PM

To be fair to channel 9: Podsednik and Pierzynski pretty much alike, both wear two-digit numbers ending in 2, they're both speedsters, and they look so much alike. It's a mistake anyone could have made...provided they have lived in a Cubbie bubble all summer.

Brian26
10-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Another mistake Roan made last night that I happened to catch in a postgame interview (I think with Crede)...he called that the Sox 9th victory in a row.

ChiSoxGirl
10-08-2005, 11:59 PM
I noticed they spelled Mark Buehrle's name wrong with Dan Roan was interviewing him. They spelled it "Buerhle." Hello, how long has been on this team?! :rolleyes: